Regarding Daichi Synth1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Synth1

glokraw wrote:The midi keyboard I suggested mainly for the Sampletank bundle, which would
get you a trove of real instruments (and excellent effects on them)
to augment your synths. And since your DX is on old legs, makes even more sense.
Plus a 37 key travels nicely when sitting in on sessions.
The Algo/Ugo/Melda/BlueCat items are freeware, and many...Synthmaster is a jewel,
no doubt, with good options and frequent sales.

Maybe your dad could refresh the old creativity, if exposed to
some vst magic?
Cheers
Yeah, I see what you mean. Sampletank would be incredible, and I would love to get the bundle in future, but, frankly, sampletank isn't high on my priorities list at the moment. :? I'd be curious to know what bundle you are referring to, however, if you have a specific one in mind. The DX seems to be doing alright for now, I just can't play F5. :lol: The spring sale on SM was supposed to end on the 1st, but still seems to be going... Maybe I can sneak in a purchase, against all odds. :P

And in terms of vst magic, definitely. I had him come and take a look at some of the demos/free synths I've collected so far, heard a bit of the old magic coming through. :) He always liked Atmosphere, though I think it's been renamed to Omnisphere...
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

Sampletank with controller 'til May 31st:

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/st3controller/

Sampletank is 16 part multitimbral, with 4 effects and an eq
per part, from some 20+ plus effects, and also effects placed on the main output,
so you can easily layer parts, and take bread&butter sampled intruments to
:hyper: other :hyper: sonic zones, or just perfect a version
of a sound you crave. And now all the elder sound libs created
over the years can be imported into V3, so bargains can be had from
the 'old stock' at vendors like https://www.sonicreality.com/

Top it off with some Synth1/Synthmaster instances... :tu:

zenophilix wrote: Secondly, is there any sort of way to create a favorites list? With so many presets, I'm not going to be able to remember the exact location of the ones I like, and it would be nice to be able to have a list of favorites.
I have a bank "Favorites" where I copy my favs patches.

glokraw wrote:Sampletank with controller 'til May 31st:

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/st3controller/

Sampletank is 16 part multitimbral, with 4 effects and an eq
per part, from some 20+ plus effects, and also effects placed on the main output,
so you can easily layer parts, and take bread&butter sampled intruments to
:hyper: other :hyper: sonic zones, or just perfect a version
of a sound you crave. And now all the elder sound libs created
over the years can be imported into V3, so bargains can be had from
the 'old stock' at vendors like https://www.sonicreality.com/

Top it off with some Synth1/Synthmaster instances... :tu:
Ah, I gotcha. :P

THat what be awesome, but sadly I can't justify getting both. :(
Chris-S wrote:
zenophilix wrote: Secondly, is there any sort of way to create a favorites list? With so many presets, I'm not going to be able to remember the exact location of the ones I like, and it would be nice to be able to have a list of favorites.
I have a bank "Favorites" where I copy my favs patches.
ALright, thanks. :)

zenophilix wrote:
Amp simulators with synthesizers? Huh. Never thought of doing that actually, I usually just use them for the occasional guitar track and adding a breakbeat feel to my hiphop tracks. :o

Thanks for the reply! :)
Actually, people used extensively gain/overdrive on TB-303 and delay (tape delay would be the best) back in a day and nowadays with TB-303 emulations and guitar pedal emulations. Only this combo would change the sound of TB-303 completely and make it to go "wow", from a pee-pee sound to supersonic mayhem :)

So, it's good not to be narrow minded and to experiment with everything.

Tutorial for beginner:
http://music.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how ... -cms-23105

And Synth1 just look simple, he is capable to do wide range of sounds...

brainzistor wrote:
zenophilix wrote:
Amp simulators with synthesizers? Huh. Never thought of doing that actually, I usually just use them for the occasional guitar track and adding a breakbeat feel to my hiphop tracks. :o

Actually, people used extensively gain/overdrive on TB-303 and delay (tape delay would be the best) back in a day and nowadays with TB-303 emulations and guitar pedal emulations. Only this combo would change the sound of TB-303 completely and make it to go "wow", from a pee-pee sound to supersonic mayhem :)

Awesome, I'll have to try that out.
pigfront wrote:Tutorial for beginner:
<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">http:/ ... 105</span>

I wouldnt call it simpple.. And I'm guessing by "he" you mean synth1?

zenophilix wrote:
brainzistor wrote:
zenophilix wrote:

Yes, "he" is synth1, my english is not good :roll:

pigfront wrote:
zenophilix wrote:
brainzistor wrote:
zenophilix wrote:

Yes, "he" is synth1, my english is not good :roll:
Ahh, gotcha.

Actually, as synths go, Synth1 is a very basic and simple synth.

wagtunes wrote:Actually, as synths go, Synth1 is a very basic and simple synth.
The interface? No, it's fairly sloppy.

zenophilix wrote:
There is a big difference between sloppy and simple. They are not synonymous. If you want to say the interface is a mess, I won't argue that. There has certainly been cleaner ones. But that doesn't make the synth not simple. It's still a very basic synth.

If you want to work with a synth that's not simple, try working with Harmor or Cycle or most modular synths. Even Zebra 2 is not a simple synth. But Synth1? It has 2 oscillators, 2 lfos, an amp, a filter, an arpeggiator, a few FX and some voice options.

How much more simple do you want?

wagtunes wrote:
zenophilix wrote:
There is a big difference between sloppy and simple. They are not synonymous. If you want to say the interface is a mess, I won't argue that. There has certainly been cleaner ones. But that doesn't make the synth not simple. It's still a very basic synth.

If you want to work with a synth that's not simple, try working with Harmor or Cycle or most modular synths. Even Zebra 2 is not a simple synth. But Synth1? It has 2 oscillators, 2 lfos, an amp, a filter, an arpeggiator, a few FX and some voice options.

Sorry, allow me to correct myself. My reply was directed at pigfront's mentioning that Synth1 "looks simple". When I said that it wasn't simple, I meant in the sense of the interface not looking simple. Synth1 itself, however, is fairly basic, yes. I suppose that's part of why I'm looking at Synthmaster, it would be nice to have more features than I know what to do with, atleast I'll be busy for a while. :)

zenophilix wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
zenophilix wrote:

Sorry, allow me to correct myself. My reply was directed at pigfront's mentioning that Synth1 "looks simple". When I said that it wasn't simple, I meant in the sense of the interface not looking simple. Synth1 itself, however, is fairly basic, yes. I suppose that's part of why I'm looking at Synthmaster, it would be nice to have more features than I know what to do with, atleast I'll be busy for a while. :)
See, now there are some people who look at Synthmaster's interface (not me, I love it) and think it's a train wreck.

You're never going to get 100% of the users to agree on an interface being good or bad.

Since you brought up Synthmaster, here's something I put together so you can hear for yourself how it sounds in a mix.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... new-sounds

wagtunes wrote:
zenophilix wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
zenophilix wrote:

See, now there are some people who look at Synthmaster's interface (not me, I love it) and think it's a train wreck.

You're never going to get 100% of the users to agree on an interface being good or bad.

Since you brought up Synthmaster, here's something I put together so you can hear for yourself how it sounds in a mix.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... new-sounds
I have to agree with them to some extent. :lol: I'm learning, but it still seems far from intuitive.(Atleast for the time being.) However, I find it much less irritating than Synth1, plus the rewards for decoding the interface are much higher.

Return to “Instruments”