Kontakt is crap!!!!!!

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kinh wrote:Must be the worst sampler out there!
Probably trying to edit using a touch screen and his finger. :hihi:

From that context, I would agree. Otherwise, maybe you're looking at simplicity for this kind of complexity. What else can you do? Usher off some editing elements to more tabs? Create a giant gui within a vst?

Maybe they should separate the editing from the vst, creating a standalone editor...with big fat fingers in mind!

chili beans wrote:You mean Kontakt is Krap
Kinh Komplains Kontakt Komplete Krap

It's been mentioned recently that a new version is in the works, but is in 'alpha' phase at the moment. The wait is over sooner than later it seems...

PS. Are the effects really that bad? I found them to be quite impressive and comprehensive...
Last edited by fallacy on Wed May 04, 2016 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kontakt so brillianto, nadas the gui yo!
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Good points... Maybe Falcon will pick up the unsatisfied Kontakt customers? It seems to do the same and more, with the large UVI library it seems to be a good contender against Kontakt. What do you think?

Yeah Kontakt's GUI is pretty lame. I chose Machfive 3 over Kontakt for that simple reason and I have no regret.

I want to add that more 3rd party sample library should be compatible with UVI format. $500 is too steep for those that just wish to use Kontakt sample library.

SampleScience wrote:Good points... Maybe Falcon will pick up the unsatisfied Kontakt customers? It seems to do the same and more, with the large UVI library it seems to be a good contender against Kontakt. What do you think?
Not until it has multicore support.

aMUSEd wrote:
SampleScience wrote:Good points... Maybe Falcon will pick up the unsatisfied Kontakt customers? It seems to do the same and more, with the large UVI library it seems to be a good contender against Kontakt. What do you think?
+1

I like Falcon a lot more but Kontakt is the performer.
But using several Falcon instances for a multi-sound and saving them as Logic instrument in a stacked track is a workaround for me.
Falcon rules in editing and easy set up of modulation and it is a real hybrid as well.

aMUSEd wrote:
I wasn't aware of that. I'm actually surprised they don't support, it's kind of strange for a big company like UVI. Good point though!

Yeah, I think Kontakt also still has more advanced memory management, especially on Mac with the memory server. Together with multicore support this is why Kontakt is still the best performer, even though Halion and Falcon/M5 are undoubtedly more powerful.

SampleScience wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
I wasn't aware of that. I'm actually surprised they don't support, it's kind of strange for a big company like UVI. Good point though!
I asked for it in the Falcon forum here (too often) and they said not in version 1....so maybe in Falcon 2.0? Who knows?!

If Kontakt is crap, then TX16WX is double crap and directwave is 3 times crap

And rabbits eat their own crap so its all relative, business as usual at KVR.

Move along, another pointless thread
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:And rabbits eat their own crap so its all relative, business as usual at KVR.

Move along, another pointless thread
If you put the wording aside, he's got some good points. Nothing is flawless. :wink:

Too bad development for Independence died. That was the one and only hope for a competitor for Kontakt. I can't bring myself to purchase Kontakt.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”