Best affordable convolution reverb today?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thank you for the hint - looks like fellow countryman has developed this one.

BTW - concerning the "true stereo" - this feature is in many convo reverbs, can someone elaborate this, does the true stereo require loading two stereo files IR1 and IR2 or does it just process the right and left channel of one stereo file in a more complex way?

It's easy if you know how

lesha wrote:Here's a nice explanation: http://www.liquidsonics.com/software_re ... stereo.htm
Yes, I've red that, but it doesn't answer to my question above, i.e. does the IR1/IR2 refer to the two separate files (see you own link OP/ http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 6&t=403082),
or just the way how stereo is generated from one file.
Liquidsonics diagram dosn't tell about the quality requirements if the source signal to be able to create "true stereo", e.g. is the source one normal stereo IR file etc.

You need left and right IR for true stereo, ie. two separate files.

lesha wrote:You need left and right IR for true stereo, ie. two separate files.
So you have to load two IR files to the convolver to be able to create "true stereo"?
98 % of my hundreds of IR files are stereo files, 2 % mono files - does this mean most of my IR files are useless in creating "true stereo"?
I've obviously missed something (have to admit that the philophy of the "true stereo" is uncleat to me soundwise, if it sounds better than "normal" stereo, which is of coure the most essential point).

Harry_HH wrote:
So you have to load two IR files to the convolver to be able to create "true stereo"?
98 % of my hundreds of IR files are stereo files, 2 % mono files - does this mean most of my IR files are useless in creating "true stereo"?
I've obviously missed something (have to admit that the philophy of the "true stereo" is uncleat to me soundwise, if it sounds better than "normal" stereo, which is of coure the most essential point).
Yes, you need 2 IR files. There are libraries which offer L & R, and even C files.

Here's a link to a free/donationware Bricasti M7 "true stereo" library:
http://www.samplicity.com/bricasti-m7-i ... responses/

lesha wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:
Yes, you need 2 IR files. There are libraries which offer L & R, and even C files.

Here's a link to a free/donationware Bricasti M7 "true stereo" library:
http://www.samplicity.com/bricasti-m7-i ... responses/
Thank you, great to learn new things - for some reason I have totally missed the "true stereo" concept in use of IRs. Just testing the IRDust convolver which sounds good, I think. In "true stereo" mode I have used just two stereo IRs, I don't know how wrong this is theoratically but gives good sounding results.

Concerning the Bricasti Impulses: They are called "1 Halls 01 Large Hall L" and "1 Halls 01 Large Hall R" for example.

You load the L file in IR1 and the R file in IR2.

To get the difference between True Stereo and Parallel (dual mono):

Try to send a hard panned sound (100% L or 100% R) through the convolver (set to 100% wet).

Chris-S wrote:Concerning the Bricasti Impulses: They are called "1 Halls 01 Large Hall L" and "1 Halls 01 Large Hall R" for example.

You load the L file in IR1 and the R file in IR2.

To get the difference between True Stereo and Parallel (dual mono):

Try to send a hard panned sound (100% L or 100% R) through the convolver (set to 100% wet).
:tu:

I can't vouch for it's flexibility, as I've not had a chance to spend much time with it, but...if you can catch Trash 2 in a no-brainer, it has a convo that is kind of interesting. Likewise, I agree, Fog Convolver is worth a look. I've used it a few times, although not to recreate real environments.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Reverberate CM(liquid Sonic) is pretty good and its free with the Computer Music Magazine

one cool thing about it is that, instead of loading a file and then loading another file by hand(click load and select file,click load to load another file)

you can open a folder and then click "next and previous" for all the files contained in the folder directly from the GUI
its definitely faster than loading non preset impulse files with Logic's "Space Designer

the GUI is pretty Ugly but its the result that matters

the plugin has all the control and option a Convolution reverb has and a few other bells and whistles
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

I've had reverberate 1 since forever and kinda updated to 2 w/o real testing when I wanted to dabble back into vst.

It's great sounding, but it's as confusing as ever. Tough to get a beat on what you are using and how to sweeten it to taste. I'm sure there is a youtube vid on it I should look up.

But it's fiddly with crackling/dropouts with the GUI. I contacted them recently and got the "change the buffer" response which is absurd (man, that's what people used to say like 15 years ago :lol: )

blackspiral wrote:personally I'm more than fine with the one included in reaper (ReaVerb).
Yep, and there's a lot going in it besides loading impulses, it has filter modules, delay modules and one can actually generate own impulses in it!

realmarco wrote:Reverberate CM(liquid Sonic) is pretty good and its free with the Computer Music Magazine

one cool thing about it is that, instead of loading a file and then loading another file by hand(click load and select file,click load to load another file)

you can open a folder and then click "next and previous" for all the files contained in the folder directly from the GUI
its definitely faster than loading non preset impulse files with Logic's "Space Designer

the GUI is pretty Ugly but its the result that matters

the plugin has all the control and option a Convolution reverb has and a few other bells and whistles
The downside for some people will be a fixed latency of 4096 samples.

I would suggest Reverberate LE which has zero latency, but comes with less IRs than the CM version. There is also a GPU powered version (nVidia CUDA), which is great, keeps the CPU consumption at a minimum.

Reverberate 2 sounds amazing and is my favourite reverb vst that I've used. The depth, smoothness and richness this reverb has is sublime. My only criticism is the GUI is pretty text intensive and fatiguing to use. Also, I'd like to have a global control for wet/dry for both combined IR's.
These things aside, it is the best sounding reverb that I've tried!

Return to “Effects”