UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Does Falcon ever introduce plugin latency? I'm adding things that I would expect to add latency – maximizer w/ lookahead, limiter, convolution reverb, distortion w/ oversampling – and Renoise is reporting 0 samples latency in all cases.

I'd be very happy if this is the case, it just seems hard to believe...

otristan wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:
Sound Author wrote:However, if I'm just going to trigger one hit slices, I might as well just slice up the sample myself and use several Sampler oscillators within the keygroup instead of Slice oscillators. Right?
I'd use the same sample multiple times and for each instance I'd set start and end points to match each slice. This way you only work with ONE sample, instead of x samples (x being the number of slices).
This is what "Map" on the slice oscillator do FWIW

That's right! That's what I meant, but forgot how it's called. Haha. :D

padillac wrote:Does Falcon ever introduce plugin latency? I'm adding things that I would expect to add latency – maximizer w/ lookahead, limiter, convolution reverb, distortion w/ oversampling – and Renoise is reporting 0 samples latency in all cases.

I'd be very happy if this is the case, it just seems hard to believe...
Falcon can indeed introduce latency with some FX.
Convolution reverb it not one of those though but this is indeed the case in limiter and oversampled FX like the xpander filter or waveshaper.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

otristan wrote:
UmFuFu wrote:Thanks, but the issue doesn't really occur when I'm just playing back a MIDI sequence front-to-back. That works pretty well (as long as I've made sure there are no overlapping notes on the same channel). The issue tends to arrive when I'm working on a song (other parts even) and I'm jumping back and forth in time. Inevitably I'll land on a MIDI note that makes the script crash. That's why I was suggesting some kind of voice stealing so that it doesn't break the script if it receives two notes on the same MIDI channel at the same time.

That all make sense?
Thanks!
The reuse of an already used channel should work AFAIK so it's probably another corner case.

If this happens again, open the console of the script processor and copy/paste the error message.
So I will see which line is failing, this might help me troubleshot this.

Thx
Ah, very cool. I didn't know that console window existed! This is the error that I keep getting:

[string "-------------------------------------------..."]:79: table index is nil

Thanks so much!
B
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Interesting that when installing Falcon 1.1.2, the release notes had changes for 1.1.3 such as the ability to change the plug-in window size. However this doesn't seem to be in 1.1.2. Future easter egg?

otristan wrote:Falcon can indeed introduce latency with some FX.
Convolution reverb it not one of those though but this is indeed the case in limiter and oversampled FX like the xpander filter or waveshaper.
Why isn't this latency then reported to the host dynamically so PDC can be carried out?

DrumAddict wrote:
otristan wrote:@DrumAddict please download it back.
There was a regression which was fixed couple hours after the initial release, so we didn't create a new version.
That should fix your issue.
ok thanks for the fast response , will redownload and have a look again on those updates
just came back to say redownload and reinstalling solved the issue , thank you again otristan for the fast response

EvilDragon wrote:
Why isn't this latency then reported to the host dynamically so PDC can be carried out?
Interesting, yeah. I added those effects and it's still not reporting any latency.

I just thought it wasn't adding any :hihi:

UmFuFu wrote:
otristan wrote:
UmFuFu wrote:Thanks, but the issue doesn't really occur when I'm just playing back a MIDI sequence front-to-back. That works pretty well (as long as I've made sure there are no overlapping notes on the same channel). The issue tends to arrive when I'm working on a song (other parts even) and I'm jumping back and forth in time. Inevitably I'll land on a MIDI note that makes the script crash. That's why I was suggesting some kind of voice stealing so that it doesn't break the script if it receives two notes on the same MIDI channel at the same time.

That all make sense?
Thanks!
The reuse of an already used channel should work AFAIK so it's probably another corner case.

If this happens again, open the console of the script processor and copy/paste the error message.
So I will see which line is failing, this might help me troubleshot this.

Thx
Ah, very cool. I didn't know that console window existed! This is the error that I keep getting:

[string "-------------------------------------------..."]:79: table index is nil

Thanks so much!
B
You are using the MPE script from the Utilities folder from Falcon factory script ?
Not the one I've sent on KvR, right ?
Last edited by otristan on Wed May 04, 2016 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

EvilDragon wrote:
This is not as easy as it sounds.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

otristan wrote: You are using the MPE script from the Utilities folder from Falcon factory script ?
Not the one I've sent on KvR, right ?
Well I thought I was but it turns out I wasn't. And now that I'm trying out the factory one I'm getting really odd results. My pitch shifts are different even though all else seems the same. Kinda freaking me out... Should I/could I put this all in an e-mail for you? I'd love to get this sorted out but I'm not sure I should take up the space here.

Thanks so much,
B

Hey guys,

I have this $100 voucher we all get when we bought Falcon and trying to work out what would be the best way of using it in the UVI store. Apologies if this has been covered already somewhere in the previous 230(!) pages...however wanted to see what everyone got and/or suggestions for the best content to get for Falcon using the $100

cheers!

Kindred wrote:Hey guys,

I have this $100 voucher we all get when we bought Falcon and trying to work out what would be the best way of using it in the UVI store. Apologies if this has been covered already somewhere in the previous 230(!) pages...however wanted to see what everyone got and/or suggestions for the best content to get for Falcon using the $100

cheers!
It depends of course of what sounds you are looking for...if you like awesome sampled solo instruments you passed the best sampled EP88 (prepared) ever for the intro price of $99 (but not even sure if you could use the voucher for this).
Hard to recommend something in general.
What about the Analog Motion expansion (but also not sure if the voucher can be used here).
Of course there are tons of sound demos and videos out there to see/hear what you could like.
But do the voucher not expire after 2 months or so?

Add $29 and you have Relayer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5dwohfKqns
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

ErikH wrote: Add $29 and you have Relayer:
If i remember correctly 100$ voucher does not apply to UVI FX-s (relayer or sparkverb), just for sounds.

Return to “Instruments”