UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

the3ug3reeder wrote:I just found this in case anyone's interested:

https://www.attackmagazine.com/features ... ent-story/

a good read
:)
Very Interesting !

Thanks for the link.

otristan wrote:
Cinebient wrote:So, i was impressed from the demo and bought Attack EP 88 and finally finished the download....mmhhh i was a bit surprised when i saw that this is not editable, so that i have no access to the FX and modulations etc.
Why the hell is that?!? It sound great but i thought i could do more with it inside Falcon.
Edit: O.k. i saw now that some patches are editable and some not?! Why?
Regarding Attack EP 88 Program locking, the goal was to avoid support inquiry where users remove some FX, envelope and it fails the script.
You can still add your own FX at the Part level though.
The program structure is quite complex so I don't think it would be possible for people to add envelopes and things like that.
Makes sense when you say it :D
After some deeper exploration i really have to say that the Attack EP88 sounds more than amazing. This thing has depth included. Best low end ever and more clear than crystal highs. Together with some other few gems it belongs to the best sampled solo instrument i heard yet ever.
What i really like to hear next is a prepared pipe organ... but don´t ask me how to prepare it. Maybe some marbles made from plastic, glass, wood...etc. put in the pipes :wink:
However, please do more of such amazing instruments. Just amazing! Thank´s!

thanks too:)
Olivier, what is the change log for the 1.1.2?
my 1.1.1 works so well, i don't want to upgrate !

-en deux mots:
UVI, vous avez elaboré un merveilleux instrument,non, 7 mots, tout marche a merveille sur mon ordi, je le conseille a tout mes proches-compositeur-sound designer-j'en parle meme a ma femme, et elle en a rien a faire de tout ca:)
si un jour,v2 ou v3, vous introduisiez l'inter-comm entre les oscillos, vos aurez accompli l'ultime instrument(j'suis pas habitué a ecrire en francais pour de l'audio, en gros, si un jour tout marche en "audiorate", comme george dit: what else? (a si, peut etre une daw uvi)
merci encore !-
Keep it UVI !

You can read the changelog when you run the installer...

Falcon 1.1.3
------------
- allow resizable UI in plugin version (bottom right corner)
- add input and output gain in Exciter FX

Falcon 1.1.2
------------
- fix issue in streaming with stop marker
- improve tilt filter UI
- fix possible issue with some script
- rotary FX improvements

So we see what's coming in 1.1.3., too, hehe. :D

thanks ED !

Hi UVI Team.

I've been using the MPE script extensively, ever since you posted the first version on this forum. It mostly works great, but I've been finding it to be a bit finicky, especially the newest version (that came with 1.1).

I find that if two notes happen on the same MIDI channel then the code breaks, the sound stops, and the red-outline/error message appears. This can be frustrating, as even when I'm really careful to make sure I don't have any overlapping notes on the same channel, I will often get the error when scrolling around in my project. This means that I need to keep Falcon open at all times and click the "refresh" button on the script constantly.

Is there anyway to modify the script so that it either ignores a new note on the same channel, or even better if it steals the playing notes?

Thanks so much. This would improve usability of the script greatly in my option.
And thanks for Falon, it's amazing.

B

PS: I've noticed that Falcon is the only MPE synth I have with this problem, so the others must use some sort of voice stealing algorithm I'm guessing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

UmFuFu wrote: Is there anyway to modify the script so that it either ignores a new note on the same channel, or even better if it steals the playing notes?
This would be great. I also wish I could play monophonic legato patches with the MPE script, since although it would be mono, the note glide and pressure/timbre functions would still be really useful. Currently, any overlapping note just doesn't play in mono legato patches using the MPE script.

1.1.3....resizable UI.... will be very welcome!

I hope to have more loop functions in version 1.14. an autoloop for example and finally a wave sequence oscillator.

@UmFuFu

MPE script as well as soundbank update in 1.1.1 should fix your issue if not please let me know.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

Changelog for 1.1.3 :)
That's what happens when you fix last minute issue and forget to clean the changelog.
So, well, yes we are working on resizable UI in plugin version :)
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
UmFuFu wrote: Is there anyway to modify the script so that it either ignores a new note on the same channel, or even better if it steals the playing notes?
This would be great. I also wish I could play monophonic legato patches with the MPE script, since although it would be mono, the note glide and pressure/timbre functions would still be really useful. Currently, any overlapping note just doesn't play in mono legato patches using the MPE script.
This is something that would better suited in the device itself imho
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

otristan wrote:@UmFuFu

MPE script as well as soundbank update in 1.1.1 should fix your issue if not please let me know.
Thanks, but I'm afraid it doesn't. I've been using 1.1.1 since it was released (and am now using 1.1.2).
Let me know if I can give you any more info.

B
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

UmFuFu wrote:
otristan wrote:@UmFuFu

Thanks, but I'm afraid it doesn't. I've been using 1.1.1 since it was released (and am now using 1.1.2).
Let me know if I can give you any more info.

B
If you have a MIDI sequence that reproduce the issue, you can upload it somewhere and send me the link by PM and I'll have a look.

Thx !
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

Thanks, but the issue doesn't really occur when I'm just playing back a MIDI sequence front-to-back. That works pretty well (as long as I've made sure there are no overlapping notes on the same channel). The issue tends to arrive when I'm working on a song (other parts even) and I'm jumping back and forth in time. Inevitably I'll land on a MIDI note that makes the script crash. That's why I was suggesting some kind of voice stealing so that it doesn't break the script if it receives two notes on the same MIDI channel at the same time.

That all make sense?
Thanks!

Return to “Instruments”