Which DAW has the best browser for loops?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Could you pls advise?

Which DAW has the best browser for loops?

I imagine something like GarageBand. It will read all your loops libraries and sort them out according to the keys, tempo, instrument types, etc. And then you can simply mix and match all the loops for your songs easily.

Is there such a DAW?

Thank you

I don't have too much experience regarding that, but Cubase's media bay and preview function seemed pretty good to me.

For sure Ableton doesn't.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

I don't use Tracktion and I don't use much loops either, but I saw this video a while back and I think they've got a fairly impressive loop library implementation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEVGBgm9U28

Yeah was going to say Tracktion - seems to use the same metadata Logic and Garageband use so on a similar level.

I'm a fan of the way Studio One handles files.
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

zenophilix wrote:I'm a fan of the way Studio One handles files.
Can Studio One handle third-party loops or does it only work well with their own loops?

DJ Warmonger wrote:For sure Ableton doesn't.
Really, why?
I find it superb for this. In fact I use it often just for this.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

fantasyvn wrote:
zenophilix wrote:I'm a fan of the way Studio One handles files.
Can Studio One handle third-party loops or does it only work well with their own loops?
Sorry for the delay. Yes, it can handle any compatible audio files, it comes with a file browser that allows you to add a new tab from any chosen folder.
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

Mushy Mushy wrote:
Really, why?
Since when Ableton allows to sort samples by key or tempo? Packs are internally sorted and built-in instruments ahve their own preset listed, but that's it. Everything else depends on how you organize your own folders.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:
Really, why?
Since when Ableton allows to sort samples by key or tempo? Packs are internally sorted and built-in instruments ahve their own preset listed, but that's it. Everything else depends on how you organize your own folders.
Ah ok, I guess in that case you're right.

I just scroll down the list and it automatically auditions and tempo matches with a click of the cursor key.

Re the sorting, I guess I've just been lucky having my purchased sample packs named logically.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Personally, I use a drum-sampler VST, FXpansion Geist, for browsing samples and loops.
It's got a lot of good quality of life features for that sort of browsing. And it'll work in whatever DAW you're already experienced with. It's like a mini-DAW within your DAW, very modular, very functional, very convenient. I think this could be a good option since it frees up the DAW choice to other sorts of considerations.

Ableton is great. You can rename and create folders & preview clips from within Ableton. Try out the demo you don't need an ilok

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”