Ladder/acid/ms20/SVF 0df filters+Smooth Param Auto+Multichannel MIDI+Arp facelift in SynthMaster 2.8

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 2

Ridan wrote:Remind me to never develop vst plug-ins.
:lol: :tu:
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote:
DocShay wrote:Hello! here are some of the bugs that are still in the latest build...I also discovered a new one where certain sounds are drastically altered because of the phaser for some reason....

-Some presets sound different from 2.7, I think it has something to do with the phaser settings. For example "BT club bassdrum 01 (mw)" sounds drastically different in 2.8 compared to 2.7...the phaser seems to be the cause.
just fixed this one!
DocShay wrote: -When selecting the patch "BT every now and then (mw+pb+at)" and "reset patch" after, the "Ensemble" and "Distortion" fx in FX1 stops working until you right click an FX in FX1(distortion for example) and re-select(Distortion 1), then both the "Distortion" and "Ensemble" starts working again.
just fixed this one!
DocShay wrote:-I spoke too soon on the browser bug, but deleting a preset and browsing in the same area where the preset was deleted causes erratic jumpy selection that prevents selecting some presets.
will work on this one.
DocShay wrote:--The new modulation tab colors are inconsistent in the other skins besides the Default Green skin, for example in the Green skin the mod tabs match the dark grey bezel area, whereas in other skins the tabs look more like the area inside the bezel. Also, the mod tab "highlights" don't match between "layer 1" and "Layer 2" in the Default Green skin and the Blue skin mod tab area is incomplete(missing arrows, maybe left unfinished on purpose).
will work on this one.
DocShay wrote:--The distortion gui(in both FX1 and the Filter Distortion) part gets scrambled. This happens randomly when you close and open the plugin window or randomly when changing filter from VAnalog to SVF or changing between layer 1 and 2. Keep closing the synthmaster plugin gui and reopening it to reproduce...(I'm using reaper)
this is one of those issues I couldnt figure out the root cause yet.
:tu: Thanks for the great support!!!

You are welcome!

oh, by the way, the Vocoder is updated as well. I'll provide some sample presets that use the drum loops to create the modulator signal for the vocoder :)
NewVocoder.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Works at KV331 Audio

It just gets better and better! Thanks for all the new features Bulent!

The vocoder looks really great! :O

Hey guys, we have a new build with a lot of fixes and the updated vocoder GUI.

http://www.synthmaster.com:8080/downloadupdates.aspx is the link to our test server.

I am currently editing the user manual, which seriously needed a complete rewrite! Hopefuly it'll double in number of pages when I am done!

My estimate for the official release is in 10 days, once we complete the content and bug fixes.

Cheers
Works at KV331 Audio

This is one of the craziest, most exhaustive free plugin updates I've ever seen. Mad love, Bulent. Totally crazy what you're doing with Synthmaster.

KingTuck wrote:This is one of the craziest, most exhaustive free plugin updates I've ever seen. Mad love, Bulent. Totally crazy what you're doing with Synthmaster.
Thank you 8) :lol: :tu:

Mind you, this is the last free update :D
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:
KingTuck wrote:This is one of the craziest, most exhaustive free plugin updates I've ever seen. Mad love, Bulent. Totally crazy what you're doing with Synthmaster.
Thank you 8) :lol: :tu:

Mind you, this is the last free update :D
No difference, still amazing :) . I'm sure v3 will be awesome and totally worth the upgrade price.

This looks great. I would upgrade now, but I'm in the middle of a song using 2 instances of synthmaster, so I don't want to risk anything, but as soon as I'm done I'm trying the new version. I'm glad you did some work on the vocooder. That is much appropriated.

Hi,
I tested the latest build of SM in Reaper 5, Mulab 6 and Mulab 7 (all 64 bit, Windows 7).
I did a clean full install.
Reaper - sometimes crashed at second or third instance of SM.
Mulab (3 instances) - after reopen, it do not able to read all instances (sometimes only 1 or 2). It displays an error message:
"Couldn't create VST instance for SynthMaster2"
If I delete the directory "SynthMasterTemp27", sometimes it helps. Maybe it could be some timeout...

robbluda wrote:Hi,
I tested the latest build of SM in Reaper 5, Mulab 6 and Mulab 7 (all 64 bit, Windows 7).
Mulab (3 instances) - after reopen, it do not able to read all instances (sometimes only 1 or 2). It displays an error message:
If I delete the directory "SynthMasterTemp27", sometimes it helps. Maybe it could be some timeout...
Interesting, I created a project with 4 instances. closed/opened multiple times, no issues so far.
mulab.jpg
I am suspecting that Program Files is again causing an issue here. (I mean if you install the data files under Program Files)

Delete the data files folder before doing a clean install that might help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:
robbluda wrote:Hi,
Interesting, I created a project with 4 instances. closed/opened multiple times, no issues so far.
mulab.jpg
I am suspecting that Program Files is again causing an issue here. (I mean if you install the data files under Program Files)

Delete the data files folder before doing a clean install that might help.
Here's a pretty serious bug I found that prevents sound for most patches, its in the newest build...

-Selecting the patch "BT synced motion (mw+pb+at)" and playing a key causes instant clip and the sound is disabled for most patches you try to select after. Tried in Reaper and Ableton btw

I don't want to derail this thread, but it seems more active than the KV331 area of the forums. I just want to mention the sustain pedal bug that causes notes to drop out. See the thread here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8&t=377957

I am curious to know if this will be fixed in 2.8. I have not yet tried the 2.8 beta, so maybe it is already fixed?

Very simple test case:
1) Hold down any note.
2) Press down on Sustain Pedal while continuing to hold note.
3) Press note again.
4) Lift off from Sustain Pedal while continuing to hold the note.
5) Note releases and fades away even though the note is held down.

iPlogger wrote:I don't want to derail this thread, but it seems more active than the KV331 area of the forums. I just want to mention the sustain pedal bug that causes notes to drop out. See the thread here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8&t=377957
It's in my TODO list, I am aware of it!
Works at KV331 Audio

Return to “Instruments”