Audio Interfaces, Please Suggest me one!

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is Rami Noor, Singer and Musician.
I got a fully isolated recording studio for my own work.

I'm on:
Pc Intel Core i7 3.60GHz
(RAM) 16.0 GB
Win 10 64-Bit
Audio interface-Avid Mbox 3 pro
Monitors- Behringer TRUTH B3030A
Microphone- Rode NT2A
Headphones- Beats by dre Studio Headphones
Midi Controller- M-Audio KeyStudio

2 years ago my Mbox 3 pro bricked while updating the firmware (It's a common problem) I got a new one for free.
Yesterday it updated itself and needed to restart, i restarted but it never worked again.
I hear a sound through my monitors when i turn it on/off but no lights, my computer doesn't recognize it and it doesn't work at all.
I can't get it repaired/get a new one for free.

So i was thinking if i could get a smaller audio interface until i get my Mbox repaired as i used to use, 4 out puts only:
*one for the headphones in the Control room.
*another for the the headphones in Recording room.
*and two for the monitors.
And two Inputs only:
*One for the condenser microphone for Vocal/Instruments recording in the record room.
*Another for the microphone in the control Room.

I searched the web and reviewed many interfaces, but not sure which one to choose? and would any of them give me the same Recording Quality like Mbox? and the same Sound Quality for mixing and mastering?

I used to read very useful posts, reviews and more on KVR since ever but never registered until yesterday.
Guys, i trust you so much.
Here's the list of the Audio interfaces i found.
Please help me decide which one is the best and answer my Questions about Quality.

Tascam Us2X2

M-Audio M-Track Quad

Focusrite Scarlett 6i6

Behringer U-Phoria UMC204HD

Novation audiohub 2x4

Native instruments Komplete Audio 6

I apologize for being a chatterbox but i really need your help, I got work to do and would order one of them immediately

Thanks in Advance.

RaminooR wrote:Focusrite Scarlett 6i6

With these two I have some experience.

Focusrite has nice preamps and NI is clean as hell. I'd propably go with NI. Though I wouldn't complain if I had that Focusrite. Really nice interface and has 2 headphone sockets.

the mbox pro was very good value and high quality sound.. what a shame it bricked.. welcome to kvr. for future reference, your more likely to get help on this in the "computer setup" forum which deals with audio interfaces.

I don't like any choices you have mentioned.. i'd go for a motu instead if you want low cost and solid drivers.

Mbox 3 if you can find one (non pro) sounds enough for your needs (just use a headphone splitter to have two outs there)

there's some still for sale with looking. Very solid drivers as you know.

M Audio C600 would have been perfect for you, 6 ins, dual headphones, 2 outs, same exact sound quality (and dsp) as mbox pro. Oh well. I have one barely used as i moved up to the UAD, the drivers of the C600 are fantastic, but it's too much of a hassle to sell and worth keeping for emergencies.

I recommend MOTU< MOTU, MOTU.

in business FOREVER and always up to date with drivers.

If you can extend your budget a bit, RME BABYFACE!

Cheers

Go with RME, i own a bunch and they have been bomb proof.
Personally i recomend looking for the multiface 2 to people and using an external pre, you will have to look on ebay, but the reality is that they are built like absolute tanks.
The original fireface is a beast too and is lowering a smidge on ebay, but you will obviously need firewire.
For the multiface you can get a card for PCI or ePCI.
Duh

Steinberg UR44, has two headphones outs. Better drivers than the rest of interfaces in that price range.
dedication to flying

If you're in the USA, maybe contemplate just getting another MBox 3 Pro for $300 here?:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/7 ... ition.html

Zero learning curve or driver issues for you... :)

GreyLion wrote:If you're in the USA, maybe contemplate just getting another MBox 3 Pro for $300 here?:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/7 ... ition.html

Zero learning curve or driver issues for you... :)
oh wow that's a great buy, i didn't know anyone had any stock still. Cool find.

Don't forget to turn off options to auto-update on the next one. If you have a particular issue that you are waiting on a firmware fix for, then update manually after a backup. Sometimes a firmware update isn't needed at all.

Find it strange that Avid would not be able to help if auto-updating is a feature of their product and it was corrupted during the process.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Motu has nice microbook with 4 outs and DSP. My old Ultralite is still rocksolid.
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

rod_zero wrote:Steinberg UR44, has two headphones outs. Better drivers than the rest of interfaces in that price range.
+1

Plus quality onboard FX (Not everyone needs this, but it's a nice plus).

the UR44 has dsp fx does it, like the 28M? Ok those fx are awesome.. Steinberg usb drivers have been panned a bit at the gearslutz low latency performance database, even with the latest driver (which is much better). Basically to equal performance of other drivers, the latency is higher. But they are fine for 90% of us, just not for those wanting really low latency. The mbox pro scores much higher on that database, mbox usb also scores better.. the mbox line has dsp delay and reverb but it's no where near the quality of the yamaha one, but certainly ok for vocal confidence monitoring.

My NI Komplete 6 is garbage. Crackles and farts all the time. Its a well documented problem. I'd cross that one off the list If I was you.

Check the NI forum, there are loads of threads complaining about it. When it works it's great, but it doens't always work as expected.

https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... faces.142/
My milkshake brings all the girls to the yard

http://soundcloud.com/the-boogee-man

TheoM wrote:the UR44 has dsp fx does it, like the 28M? Ok those fx are awesome.. Steinberg usb drivers have been panned a bit at the gearslutz low latency performance database, even with the latest driver (which is much better). Basically to equal performance of other drivers, the latency is higher. But they are fine for 90% of us, just not for those wanting really low latency. The mbox pro scores much higher on that database, mbox usb also scores better.. the mbox line has dsp delay and reverb but it's no where near the quality of the yamaha one, but certainly ok for vocal confidence monitoring.

I looked around at GS a bit for that thread, but don't see it. Would you happen to have a link for it? Sounds like it might be interesting.

Anyways - I like the Steinberg UR series.

Lejurai wrote:
RaminooR wrote:Focusrite Scarlett 6i6

With these two I have some experience.

Focusrite has nice preamps and NI is clean as hell. I'd propably go with NI. Though I wouldn't complain if I had that Focusrite. Really nice interface and has 2 headphone sockets.

Thanks.

TheoM wrote:the mbox pro was very good value and high quality sound.. what a shame it bricked.. welcome to kvr. for future reference, your more likely to get help on this in the "computer setup" forum which deals with audio interfaces.

I don't like any choices you have mentioned.. i'd go for a motu instead if you want low cost and solid drivers.

Mbox 3 if you can find one (non pro) sounds enough for your needs (just use a headphone splitter to have two outs there)

there's some still for sale with looking. Very solid drivers as you know.

M Audio C600 would have been perfect for you, 6 ins, dual headphones, 2 outs, same exact sound quality (and dsp) as mbox pro. Oh well. I have one barely used as i moved up to the UAD, the drivers of the C600 are fantastic, but it's too much of a hassle to sell and worth keeping for emergencies.

I recommend MOTU< MOTU, MOTU.

in business FOREVER and always up to date with drivers.

If you can extend your budget a bit, RME BABYFACE!

Cheers
I Contacted Avid and they said the cheapest/Best choice is to buy a 2nd Hand Mbox 3 pro as they Discontinued that Audio interface and no replacement exists.

I Purchased Behringer firepower fca610, it had a problem with the Firewire chip so i reversed it.

I Reviewed many Audio Interfaces and have two Choices now.
RME BabyFace Pro.
Mbox 3 Pro 2nd Hand Again!
What do you think?

Thank you Anyway, i find your reply so Helpful.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”