UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

otristan wrote:Note polyphony in the Program section of ListView do that.
Awesome! Thanks! I'll check it out.

Is there any way to turn off the capability to scroll to adjust parameters?

I use the Mac touchpad, and frequently try to scroll up or down and end up accidentally adjusting a knob because I don't realize the mouse is over a knob or close to a knob, when I'm trying scroll.

Thanks!

jacobh wrote:Is there any way to turn off the capability to scroll to adjust parameters?

I use the Mac touchpad, and frequently try to scroll up or down and end up accidentally adjusting a knob because I don't realize the mouse is over a knob or close to a knob, when I'm trying scroll.

Thanks!
I get that when I scroll with my mouse button, as well. I can see how it would be particularly difficult with a touchpad.
Blue Phase Music

Blue Phase Music wrote:
jacobh wrote:Is there any way to turn off the capability to scroll to adjust parameters?

Thanks!
I get that when I scroll with my mouse button, as well. I can see how it would be particularly difficult with a touchpad.
Thinking about it a bit more, it would be nice to still have the ability to use the scrollwheel to adjust. I think it would be nice to have an option so that it would only be enabled by holding a modifier key (such as shift) while scrolling. Otherwise it would just scroll.

Sound like a nice option?

Falcon became really a lot more interesting for me now after i explored the Virharmonic stuff (especially the Bohemian Violin) and the lately released Attack EP88 by UVI itself which is one of the best sampled magic i heard yet. And having this inside a Hybrid tool like Falcon is simply awesome for sound design experiments!
I really hope there will be also more instruments f.e. like Kinetic Metal (another Kontakt library) for Falcon.
Of course Kontakt still rules with support of libraries but playing with those libraries within Falcon is way more interesting for me.
If we could get some more physical modelling modules inside Falcon (and of course multi threading support...i know, not in version 1.X)...
However, i was going to sell it but now i'm glad to have it. So i like the way it evolves.
Are there any further interesting third party instruments i should have heard about?

I really wish there was a way to use the MPE script at the same time as instruments that have custom scripting interfaces, but it never works. I really hope this changes since it's a bummer that any of the additional packs are just off the table for using the great MPE features. I have gotten it to work by deleting the custom script that comes with the instrument, but it's a shame not to get to use that.

That probably won't happen if the scripted instruments use any custom mappings and modified note on/off behaviour via the script... It's just not possible to account for all possible combinations of scripts... Kontakt is the same in this regard.

Cinebient wrote:Falcon became really a lot more interesting for me now after i explored the Virharmonic stuff (especially the Bohemian Violin) and the lately released Attack EP88 by UVI itself which is one of the best sampled magic i heard yet. And having this inside a Hybrid tool like Falcon is simply awesome for sound design experiments!
I really hope there will be also more instruments f.e. like Kinetic Metal (another Kontakt library) for Falcon.
Of course Kontakt still rules with support of libraries but playing with those libraries within Falcon is way more interesting for me.
If we could get some more physical modelling modules inside Falcon (and of course multi threading support...i know, not in version 1.X)...
However, i was going to sell it but now i'm glad to have it. So i like the way it evolves.
Are there any further interesting third party instruments i should have heard about?
I really like the acoustic guitar libraries from Acoustic Samples. The best and most playable I've heard. I think their strumming method on the keyboard most closely mimics the way a real guitar is played.

I would like to have something like Una Corda (yes another Kontakt library) too for Falcon.
It still lacks a lot unique sample libraries but still early days.

jacobh wrote:
Cinebient wrote:Falcon became really a lot more interesting for me now after i explored the Virharmonic stuff (especially the Bohemian Violin) and the lately released Attack EP88 by UVI itself which is one of the best sampled magic i heard yet. And having this inside a Hybrid tool like Falcon is simply awesome for sound design experiments!
I really like the acoustic guitar libraries from Acoustic Samples. The best and most playable I've heard. I think their strumming method on the keyboard most closely mimics the way a real guitar is played.
Great, just when I said I was done buying noise-makers. :hihi:

The GD-6 sounds phenomenal!
Blue Phase Music

So, i was impressed from the demo and bought Attack EP 88 and finally finished the download....mmhhh i was a bit surprised when i saw that this is not editable, so that i have no access to the FX and modulations etc.
Why the hell is that?!? It sound great but i thought i could do more with it inside Falcon.
Edit: O.k. i saw now that some patches are editable and some not?! Why?
I also wonder why the arp is not usable with this and the Bohemian Violin. It always latch the arp with the first note whatever i do...is that normal?
So i have to use my DAW´s arp.
Another Edit: Uuhhh, i had the arp behind the script, when i put it at first it works... :roll: Uupps.

Hi guys! Any changes for Falcon 1.1.2? Thanks!

mrfrenkie

Hi guys! Any changes for Falcon 1.1.2? Thanks!

thanks for the info !

I just found this in case anyone's interested:

https://www.attackmagazine.com/features ... ent-story/

a good read
:)

Cinebient wrote:So, i was impressed from the demo and bought Attack EP 88 and finally finished the download....mmhhh i was a bit surprised when i saw that this is not editable, so that i have no access to the FX and modulations etc.
Why the hell is that?!? It sound great but i thought i could do more with it inside Falcon.
Edit: O.k. i saw now that some patches are editable and some not?! Why?
Regarding Attack EP 88 Program locking, the goal was to avoid support inquiry where users remove some FX, envelope and it fails the script.
You can still add your own FX at the Part level though.
The program structure is quite complex so I don't think it would be possible for people to add envelopes and things like that.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

Return to “Instruments”