Does TassMan have a unique presence to you?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Heya,
I've been building a MIDI guitar converter recently for hours on end.
My musical output thusly is freeform jamming on softsynths for some time.
One among my quiver that has really caught my attention is the physically modelled Tass.
Does it sound singularily defined and present to you also?

I am a-b ing it to Alchemy atm, as I think Alchemy may also be a gem

I'm just starting to dig a little deeper into TassMan. I haven't done very much programming with it, but I really like some of those bowed presets. They are a perfect fit for ambient or the like. I'm impressed.

I'm waiting for Tassman 5 and a GUI I can actually read.

every time I open up tassman I'm like wow, it sounds so good, wtf, how can it be so old and sound so good? I need to use it more.

then the interface starts to sink in and I'm like wow, this is completely unbearable, I need to get away from here as fast as possible and never come back.

wagtunes wrote:I'm waiting for Tassman 5 and a GUI I can actually read.
Same here. :wink:

I used it over a decade ago, couldn't deal with the GUI. Hopefully Tassman 5 will be a completely different story, a totally improved version.

Any indications as to when, or should I ask, which year will Tassman 5 will be released ? :hihi:

tassman sounds great. has its own sound. is great FX processor for turning anything into organic sounding physical modeling percussiony sounding things..

i hope it gets an upgrade/update.. badly needs it. i hate working in it. the builder window is just so dumb at this point.. the patch cables just overlap each other and you have to switch back and forth all the time.. gets old fast..

but it sounds great imo.

I agree that Tassman PM has a unique and powerful timbre and sonic range. I feel that Tassman and Alchemy are two of the very best, and complement each other well. Also, the Tassman Factory and User preset libraries are vast and high quality. Because its sound really affects me powerfully, I added a button to toggle my monitor resolution to read the GUI (but those Builder issues need a major renovation). AAS told me and others that the Tassman upgrade is next in the queue, but is the most complicated. There are other threads on this same topic, and say the same things.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Muziksculp wrote: Any indications as to when, or should I ask, which year will Tassman 5 will be released ? :hihi:
A few months back, I heard from someone at AAS that Tassmann 5 is definitely in the pipeline, but there are other developments in the queue as well competing for resources - Tassmann is not at the top of the list. But a release in 2016 is a definite possibility, according to that communication.

wagtunes wrote:I'm waiting for Tassman 5 and a GUI I can actually read.
Same here. Been waiting for Tassman 5 for ten years now :lol:

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Appreciate the comments guys.
I have only briefly looked at the builder,
but didn't click with it in the 2 minutes.
However, the constructed instruments are fine to tweak aren't they? I think the ui has some charm.
I have defaulted my laptop screen to 1600 x 900, it was just impossible to work with audio programs,
without HDMI out to a larger screen.

Nice to hear I'm not the only who finds Tass a treat.
I just found the user library, check it out if you want some new sounds/starting points

Talking about Physical Modeling, and AAS products, if you haven't checked Chromaphone 2 yet, I recommend you do.

It's a fantastic PM based Instrument. Sounds very organic, responsive, and fun to use.

https://www.applied-acoustics.com/chromaphone-2/

Return to “Instruments”