Tone2 will release Icarus - 3D WaveTable Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Elevation for Icarus Icarus3

TheoM wrote:BTW on the topic of the synth, what a gorgeous GUI. it looks really easy to understand as well.
+1, really looks great. and the classic layout is also a big plus in my book, because i had some problems with the sometimes weird architectures in some of the Tone2 synths. E.g. Electra2 is so weird that i always wonder why i have to use so many workarounds for things which are so simple and easy in other soft synths (version 2 even fixes some of the weird things, because obviously, Tone2 realized themselves that some things are really tedious).
Last edited by chk071 on Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheoM wrote:BTW on the topic of the synth, what a gorgeous GUI. it looks really easy to understand as well.
It is :) I'm pretty thick, but I had no problems here :)

I'm glad I didn't see this announcement four months ago. Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?
User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit Display Options > Show Signatures (No)

Eric Danger wrote:I'm glad I didn't see this announcement four months ago. Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?
As long as you don't get carsick... my cousin, many years ago, vomited right on my back (she was sitting in the backseat), an exorcist-like fountain, probably the most disgusting experience of my life... :(

What really gets my panties in a twist is that they apparently made another "announcement" about its impending release (front page news on KVR a day or two ago, which was the first I had heard of it) and not only is there no release date more specific than "summer 2016", there aren't even any sound samples available to listen to.
User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit Display Options > Show Signatures (No)

Eric Danger wrote:What really gets my panties in a twist is that they apparently made another "announcement" about its impending release (front page news on KVR a day or two ago, which was the first I had heard of it) and not only is there no release date more specific than "summer 2016", there aren't even any sound samples available to listen to.
patience, demos are coming soon... no harm in any developer hyping their upcoming products (most companies do this)...

Eric Danger wrote:What really gets my panties in a twist is that they apparently made another "announcement" about its impending release (front page news on KVR a day or two ago, which was the first I had heard of it) and not only is there no release date more specific than "summer 2016", there aren't even any sound samples available to listen to.
There was one posted by Mac of Bionight, here it is

https://soundcloud.com/macnight/icarus-teaser-01
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

JRR Shop has Icarus (already) listed at $199,00. Given that the price quoted here, in euros, will be € 149,00 (apparently, no official announcement yet), I find it strange the JRR Shop price, since € 149,00 would be more like $179,00. :?:
EDIT: Never mind. I saw the same price relation in their shop regarding RayBlaster and Némesis (although it was slightly corrected for Electra2 and Gladiator).
Fernando (FMR)

Release date is changed to "Summer". Very disappointing. I was hoping to buy it for my Birthday in May... Now I will have no present... Just lost all interest...

Astralv wrote:Release date is changed to "Summer". Very disappointing. I was hoping to buy it for my Birthday in May... Now I will have no present... Just lost all interest...
Where did you see that? Afaic, the release date was always "summer", which is quite a stretch. On FB, they posted that it's supposed to be released in may.

chk071 wrote:
Astralv wrote:Release date is changed to "Summer". Very disappointing. I was hoping to buy it for my Birthday in May... Now I will have no present... Just lost all interest...
Where did you see that? Afaic, the release date was always "summer", which is quite a stretch. On FB, they posted that it's supposed to be released in may.
well, less dissapointing than "Amplitube supposed to be released this month" ...for those who remember !

:P :lol:

chk071 wrote:
At Facebook it initially said it might be out in May https://www.facebook.com/Tone2Audiosoft ... 23/?type=3
Then it became early summer, and now summer.
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Didn't that always say "Summer 2016"? :o

https://youtu.be/am_mDrAgDNA
Tone2 Icarus: PlugInGuru 1st Look Preview

Return to “Instruments”