Sandman - yet another cool new delay that doesn't cost $299

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sandman

thelizard wrote:
michael2 wrote:i bought when it first came out, I see that there has been a re-write of the whole plug. should I just download the latest version from your downloads page? I can't even remember what the process was for authorizing my license: serial number, secure download link,...

like the plug though.
Hi Michael,

Plugin Alliance should have sent you an e-mail to the account that you used for purchasing Sandman originally. If not, send us an email at contact@unfilteredaudio and we will get you sorted.
thanks, will do.
macbook pro 2.88 GHz Intel Core Duo, 10 gigs ram, 750GB HD, Logic Studio 9
my blog and some music:
http://rabbitearsmotel.wordpress.com/

I know NI Kore 2 is probably not a supported host but this might be indicative of some underlying bug that may affect other hosts. Problem is the VST doesn't even scan in, just gets ignored, probably being blacklisted, as while the AU does show in the plugin menu it causes an immediate crash.

aMUSEd wrote:I know NI Kore 2 is probably not a supported host but this might be indicative of some underlying bug that may affect other hosts. Problem is the VST doesn't even scan in, just gets ignored, probably being blacklisted, as while the AU does show in the plugin menu it causes an immediate crash.
??

Does Fault have the same bug? Indent does (except the AU doesn't show either).

aMUSEd wrote:Does Fault have the same bug? Indent does (except the AU doesn't show either).
For some reason I didn't get an e-mail alert for the last two posts! Yes, it looks like Fault, Sandman, and Indent (and thus Dent) all have issues with Kore. I'll respond on the Indent thread regarding this.

Just wondering why this plugin went up by $30? Was $19 just an intro offer, I swear it was marketed as the norm price...

jobinho wrote:Just wondering why this plugin went up by $30? Was $19 just an intro offer, I swear it was marketed as the norm price...
The price went up when PA took over distribution. It was originally $19.99

thecontrolcentre wrote:
jobinho wrote:Just wondering why this plugin went up by $30? Was $19 just an intro offer, I swear it was marketed as the norm price...
The price went up when PA took over distribution. It was originally $19.99
Yep. The main reason for this was that G8 and Sandman both underwent a nearly year-long rewrite to accommodate VST3, AAX, and Audiosuite. Plus, we now have additional financial overhead as PA takes a cut.

We didn't add any other new features, so we kept it as a free update for existing customers.

I've just upgraded Sandman to 1.2 (didn't realise there was an upgrade until I installed Indent and noticed it on the PA site).

All fine and activated ok but I have the $ and key icons on the guis black strip as happens with Indent. I guess a common bug?

Thanks though, still finding new uses for Sandman. :)

GaryG wrote:I've just upgraded Sandman to 1.2 (didn't realise there was an upgrade until I installed Indent and noticed it on the PA site).

All fine and activated ok but I have the $ and key icons on the guis black strip as happens with Indent. I guess a common bug?

Thanks though, still finding new uses for Sandman. :)
Thanks!

We'll fix our implementation of the PA toolbar on the next set of patches.

Cool.

Return to “Effects”