Sugar-Bytes Cyclop, the most Disapointing Purchase. Should have tried the Demo

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

murnau wrote:
do_androids_dream wrote:The ultimate gimmick synth..
So true.. :clap:

PS. A beer for everyone who can show me a decent sound created with this whatever.
That's really subjective...

What, to your ear.. defines a "decent" sound?

But it goes wah, wah, wah, plplplplplplplplpl, woo, woo, wooooooo, plplplplplplplpl..... so on right?

Dasheesh wrote:But it goes wah, wah, wah, plplplplplplplplpl, woo, woo, wooooooo, plplplplplplplpl..... so on right?
yes, it does those things really well. and if that's what you want, it's a valuable synth.

Cyclop makes sounds effortlessly that other synths would require a crap ton of programming and super chop skills to create.

Dasheesh wrote:But it goes wah, wah, wah, plplplplplplplplpl, woo, woo, wooooooo, plplplplplplplpl..... so on right?

so wub.. very modulation.. much wobble.. such fx..

Say what you like, it's one of only a couple of synths I can think of with a game built in!!!

It makes broadly digital and generally harsh heavily effected sounds pretty well, if you don't like those sort of sounds you won't like it. Obviusly you can get other sounds from it, but that's what it's geared towards....

I bought it in a sale and haven't used it much, to me it's a bit style over substance.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I dont really care either way that its not polyphonic, since it has some interesting sound design potential, especially with tsample playback. I just wish it was capable of much slower modulation/envelope times than it currently has.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:I dont really care either way that its not polyphonic, since it has some interesting sound design potential, especially with tsample playback. I just wish it was capable of much slower modulation/envelope times than it currently has.

+1

The question is... does it also do the WOB WOB WOB BRRRRZZZZZZ GRRRAAAAHHH ARRRRGHGHGH WAK WAK WAK well??

chk071 wrote:
The question is... does it also do the WOB WOB WOB BRRRRZZZZZZ GRRRAAAAHHH ARRRRGHGHGH WAK WAK WAK well??
Extremely well.

In this case, I'm sold then. :D

Well, the NI sale goes until May 9th so I can see why you didn't have time to demo, or watch a Youtube video about it, or simply go to the Sugar Bytes product page...

jsp1979 wrote:Well, the NI sale goes until May 9th so I can see why you didn't have time to demo, or watch a Youtube video about it, or simply go to the Sugar Bytes product page...

he doesn't dispute the fact he should have demo'd it.

so...

/* static noise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

i checked out the you-tube videos and now the synth Makes much more Sense.

Especially the the MusicMarketingTV channel's Dan Garbutt Cyclop tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezYAYcZQen4

below are my opinions (of course)

Cyclops needs two more individual LFOes + the "wobble knob"
each LFO should have a checkbox indicating if u want it Synced with Host's tempo or not

Cyclops should have 2 more Envelopes that handle Amp and Filter individually
ideally another one dedicated to pitch(not enough synths have that)

the Monophony(one note at a time) is artificially limiting the Synth's potential.

The Filter Selections take too much GUI space. it should be a single-line-Menu selector

the "attack" and "Dec/rel" should be with envelope Editor.

Each editor icons should have a small text of ”what it is"
instead of hovering the mouse and looking at the Spectral display

the Routing switches should be a single-line-Menui instead of using the GUI space for the switches

the unusual FX(loop,pitch,vynil etc) should have controls available when selected

the Sub osc should Have a -2 because the -1 is transposed too high

Analog Sync should be the first in the selectable Osc single line menu.
it should be more obvious that u can use it as a Regular VA Synth’s osc waveshapes

the Logo above the routing display uses Gui space uselessly

The velocity switch should be on the midi setting and it should be turned on by default

The wobble knob should display in host Sync Values instead of the unfamilliar numbers(that are Synced to the host anyways)

The Cyclop Logo(and word) should be the what lets u access the Manual,support forum link and Cyclop”s version

the Bass knob should have a stronger effect, its too subtle at what it does

the Video game should have a more obvious on/off button, cause it took me awhile to figure out how to leave it instead of the times i Reloaded the Plugin to get out of there(until i found how)

BTW found where the Master Output Knob is, its the knob right next to the preset browser
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

Return to “Instruments”