VolumeShaper 4 Out Now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VolumeShaper

Now some can have VS4 for the same price the upgrade for VS3 users cost. Noted.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:Now some can have VS4 for the same price the upgrade for VS3 users cost. Noted.
The upgrade is also discounted: It's EUR 9 / USD 12, until May 2. You can get it via your Cableguys user account.

If you are a new user, you can get VolumeShaper for 40% off, for EUR 19 / USD 24, until May 2.

Plus, we've just released VolumeShaper 4.2 and PanShaper 1.1. I hope it's ok that I quote our own newsletter:

Many of you asked for it: The bands in VolumeShaper and PanShaper can now have their independent settings for their LFO and Mix controls.

A solid sidechain curve on the beat in the low end, a fast 16th gate in the high frequencies in VolumeShaper, or some fluid effects in PanShaper: The independent LFO settings allow more flexible editing, while the independent Mix controls improve fine-tuning the effect of the curves.

Plus, PanShaper now also works on mono channels and turns them into stereo (if your DAW support this; Logic does for example, after a rescan in Logic's Plugin Manager).

Will the full cableguys bundle get a discount in the near future? (I know you save a ton with the bundle to begin with but just curious)

SeeingInMidi wrote:Will the full cableguys bundle get a discount in the near future? (I know you save a ton with the bundle to begin with but just curious)
No, that's not planned (we just had a discount a bit ago, and only rarely do discounts).

thumbs up for volume shaper 4! You can turn boring pads in no time into interesting & vivid structures. I'm having a blast with the different curves for the 3 different frequency parts.
very well done cable guys!

I am tempted, although the ducking is an over-used effect perhaps even dated from '90s.

Constructed Identity wrote:I am tempted, although the ducking is an over-used effect perhaps even dated from '90s.
Agreed, but you don't have to use it for common ducking/pumping purposes. Like TrekStar pointed out it can be used to give more life to stagnant sounds. Perfect for moving pads and soundscapes. :phones:

TrekStar wrote:thumbs up for volume shaper 4! You can turn boring pads in no time into interesting & vivid structures. I'm having a blast with the different curves for the 3 different frequency parts.
very well done cable guys!
Great, nice to hear that! You might also try our PanShaper for pads, which allows you to add stereo movement easily; with multiband waveform and width controls.

We introduced a bug with the latest update last week: In some cases, the One-Shot LFO mode might misbehave - in VolumeShaper, but also in PanShaper. This is fixed now with VolumeShaper 4.2.1 and PanShaper 1.1.1.

Cableguys make totally indispensable plugins that appear very ordinary and boring on the outside, but far from it in practice. I use them literally in every project I do.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Can anyone run me through a step-by-step on how to setup midi-triggered oneshots with this plugin in FL Studio? Pretty please with icing on top :)

Really great plugin, grab it if you don't have it yet. An absolutely essential tool for EDM producers :)

Return to “Effects”