UPDATE: T-RackS Saturator X is released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS CS T-RackS Saturator X

It's a stereo panner slash stereo image enhancer.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

So, more teasing, maybe ?

Whatever it is, I am sure it will be
  • Revolutionary
  • Groundbreaking
  • Powerful Most powerful
  • Hyper-realistic
  • Amazing
  • Legendary
  • The most advanced processor ever developed
  • Ultra-transparent
  • Innovative
  • Superior sounding
(Superlatives courtesy of IK Multimedia)

soulone82 wrote: (Superlatives courtesy of almost every company that actually markets their products)
FTFY

brilliant!

soulone82 wrote:Image
Don't be embarrassed, we all slip sometimes. I know sometimes people who aren't directly in the business think that products get marketed via osmosis and that only the companies they don't like actually use marketing messaging, so I'm glad I could educate folks a bit. No need to thank me.

v1o wrote:It's a stereo panner slash stereo image enhancer.
We've got an imager in T-RackS now, but anything is possible. Some good guesses in this thread (including yours). I will check how this is progressing, hopefully it will be out soon and we'll find out if anybody was correct in this thread.

It adds the sound of gold plated and shielded HDMI cable to the audio?

It looks like something with mid/side panner or a imager (even though there is an IK one). But you guys REALLY need a tape/saturation plugin. IK has the compressor emulations down pretty tight. T-Racks has 14 compressors, 2 channels, 9 EQs, 4 reverbs, a mic modeler, a stereo imager & a delay (actually the pic could be a delay as well). Not including Amplitube & that mastering suite. Saturation is the final frontier..and I'm pretty sure the IK guys would make it exceptional.
Last edited by Saukar30 on Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Jax Pok wrote:It adds the sound of gold plated and shielded HDMI cable to the audio?
And crystals!

soulone82 wrote:Whatever it is, I am sure it will be
  • Revolutionary
  • Groundbreaking
  • Powerful Most powerful
  • Hyper-realistic
  • Amazing
  • Legendary
  • The most advanced processor ever developed
  • Ultra-transparent
  • Innovative
  • Superior sounding
(Superlatives courtesy of IK Multimedia)
Yeah IK aren't the only one's guilty. Just about any marketing department or agency on the planet that deals with technology have been using some or all of these for quite some time.

Especially "ground-breaking". Everything is bloody ground-breaking these days!!

It's the nature of the capitalistic society we live in. You can't convict one person/company when all the others are guilty of it as well, as tiresome as it seems to be getting.

In other news, I'm certainly curious to see what it is. There does seem to be some kind of stereo enhancement thing about it. Perhaps it will turn mono tracks into stereo, via a little sonic manipulation. There's a few plugins that do that at the moment, but not too many I'm aware of.

Saukar30 wrote:It looks like something with mid/side panner or a imager (even though there is an IK one). But you guys REALLY need a tape/saturation plugin. IK has the compressor emulations down pretty tight. T-Racks has 14 compressors, 2 channels, 9 EQs, 4 reverbs, a mic modeler, a stereo imager & a delay (actually the pic could be a delay as well). Not including Amplitube & that mastering suite. Saturation is the final frontier..and I'm pretty sure the IK guys would make it exceptional.
Well the do have Clipper that mimics some of the soft-clipping characteristics done by tape. However, I think you're right. They haven yet done any tape emulation, it would be pretty interesting to see what they come up with.

Hopefully the best of bother worlds where they model anything from dirty and gritty tapes to something reasonable transparent that its mainly only the dynamic shipping characteristics they are modelling. And of course, covering all sorts of emulations in between.

I don't know, but thanks for giving UAD a run for their money... I've read a lot of comparison forum threads and many favour IK plugins or cant effectively tell the difference. Thats enough cognitive dissonace for me to say I dont need a ~$800 SHARC DSP to get good effects :)

Jax Pok wrote:It adds the sound of gold plated and shielded HDMI cable to the audio?
I thought "audiophile USB cables" were the rage these days? I had better check my sources pronto!! :)

Return to “Effects”