What can I do to make ANA consume less CPU?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ANA IS A CPU HOG.
I love using it for low frequencies but if I use like 2 channels my daw will start glitching (I use fl 12)

Strange. ANA is one of the plugins I have that does not consume a lot of CPU. I use FL 12 as well. Make sure you don't run it bridged (64-bit FL with 32-bit ANA or vice versa). Check also the processing in the fruity wrapper for ANA. Set the processing to "Allow threaded processing". In general you can optimize FL by doing other more general settings. I don't remember all the details but you can find more info about that in Image Line forum. One thing is to allow more buffer in audio settings. But that is of course not good if you use midi keyboard, but if you don't you should try it. My CPU is i7 3GHz with 8Gb RAM and I have in some projects used ANA in up to 8 channels without any problems.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

change ana for dune2, no i joke,
you could try to reduce the poly, mute or swap Off all the things you don't need or change your asio buffers setting to 1024 or 2048, how is working your daw with other plug?

The number of voices for poly (Key Mode section) makes quite a difference. If you don't need the voices, lower the number to save on CPU.

Return to “Instruments”