Lethal vst?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Lethal

tedannemann wrote:
kokotte wrote::tu: "Delivering good sounds - no matter where they are from..."
right, what i want to know if they made their own library or if it's rip off....because the price is low
No, I don't think this is any kind of rip off. Are there a few sampled presets from hard or software synths? Yes, I think this could be possible. But on the other hand you can be thankful alone for this high class selection of usable sounds. Whoever created these presets knows his shit, for sure! Then the sounds are fine tuned regarding the individual levels. So no bullshit level jumps after every new preset or category. I didn't look at the analyzer but I also have the feeling that the sounds are very well EQed (low-cut on all the mid and high stuff and so on). One of the most important things a lot of virtual instruments are lacking - is velocity tuning and playability. In Lethal it's a breeze to play these sounds. They are really ready to use at least in my ears! :phones:
What means "sounds are very well EQed"? My usage of EQ is hugely influenced by other instruments in the mix. You are promoting things that are irelevant in the song.

tedannemann wrote: It misses the functions of Nexus nobody uses anyway (e.g. analyzer, modulation matrix).
:lol:

Say no more.

fwsuperhero wrote:What means "sounds are very well EQed"? My usage of EQ is hugely influenced by other instruments in the mix. You are promoting things that are irelevant in the song.
What I mean by that is that the presets are very well tuned to their use in a mix of a typical EDM track.
The piano has not too much bass but isn't too thin as well. The basses are heavy but not that heavy that you have to EQ the bass hours in relation to the kick. All I can say the sounds are very well tuned overall.
Of course it depends on their use in the mix and your taste of course.
Let me compare it to Omnisphere. The sounds are usually just awesome. But to use them in a mix have to tweak them every time because they are made for their own to sound amazing - but not in a mix. A simple string patch in Omnisphere for example usually eats up my whole frequency range.
This isn't the case with lethal.

fallacy wrote:
tedannemann wrote: It misses the functions of Nexus nobody uses anyway (e.g. analyzer, modulation matrix).
:lol:

Say no more.
Yes, but please read this in context! What I mean is that the average Nexus user(!) doesn't bother tweaking around in the modulation matrix like with other synths. It is not Nexus's intention to be a hype modular synthesizer. However the sources are that good that a "few" Nexus users are complaining for years to have more tweakability regarding the single layers and their modulations and fx as well. If most of the users aren't using these kind of half-baked synthesis engine (in view of accessibility) you can cut it away anyway - that's what I meant.

Maybe I missed it, but where are the expansions described? I don't see any expansions mentioned anywhere on their website, except to say that they're free for now with purchase, and instructions for installing them on the FAQ. Maybe none of them have been released yet?
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

tedannemann wrote:
fwsuperhero wrote:What means "sounds are very well EQed"? My usage of EQ is hugely influenced by other instruments in the mix. You are promoting things that are irelevant in the song.
What I mean by that is that the presets are very well tuned to their use in a mix of a typical EDM track.
The piano has not too much bass but isn't too thin as well. The basses are heavy but not that heavy that you have to EQ the bass hours in relation to the kick. All I can say the sounds are very well tuned overall.
Of course it depends on their use in the mix and your taste of course.
Let me compare it to Omnisphere. The sounds are usually just awesome. But to use them in a mix have to tweak them every time because they are made for their own to sound amazing - but not in a mix. A simple string patch in Omnisphere for example usually eats up my whole frequency range.
This isn't the case with lethal.
So what you are saying is that the presets are more basic than in Nexus and Omnisphere and their options also...
But i hate typical EDM tracks and sound so...

cryophonik wrote:Maybe I missed it, but where are the expansions described? I don't see any expansions mentioned anywhere on their website, except to say that they're free for now with purchase, and instructions for installing them on the FAQ. Maybe none of them have been released yet?
I contacted support and they said "We will also be releasing our first two FREE expansion packs in the next 2 weeks, being a Hip-Hop and an EDM expansion pack. Our expansions are free until June 2017." and "We are scheduled to bring out 1 expansion a month at the bare minimum".

fwsuperhero wrote:So what you are saying is that the presets are more basic than in Nexus and Omnisphere and their options also...
But i hate typical EDM tracks and sound so...
Then better skip it. As I said this is a EDM preset machine (from my point of you).
Basic: meaning they are more usable in a typical modern EDM production. They better or faster fit in. Omnisphere presets never fit in right from the start at least not in my mixes.

After testing for another day I still come to the conclusion. This is somewhat a Nexus light.
Less functions, more bread and butter sounds, a more dry sound, no dongle. I think a good description could be that Lethal is a „Nexus to go“. All of the guys who where aiming for a more innovative synth, just look at it as a 3000 presets pack (+ the upcoming expansions) for USD $150.
I like the presets. They are very commercial for the still ongoing EDM hype.
The rest is up to you. I am outta here now.

tedannemann wrote:Library downloaded. Played every single preset.
Damnit, just when I thought I was done spending money for a bit...

I'm seriously considering picking this up now after I wrote it off day one for lack of information so thanks for the review. I'm the type of person something like this is geared towards but I didn't buy Nexus because of the price. This might be what I'm looking for to get that filler sound but I'm wondering how well it translates into a mix since everything is so "finished" sounding.

Picked it up. Will give it a try in a bit.

You buy at 150USD?

So is the $199AUD billing a webshop/paypal configuration error or is the site wrong by saying $199USD? Seems more likely it's an error than a feature. In the webpage code for the order form is this:

Code: Select all

paypal: {
          singleUse: true,
          amount: amount,
          currency: "AUD",
          //currency: "USD",
          //button: {
          //  type: "checkout"
          //}
Looks like they commented out the USD currency. Maybe they meant to change it back?
-Matt

Yup, they confirmed it was an error and will be fixed within 24 hours so buy it now if you're considering it. I'll update tomorrow at some point with thoughts.

tedannemann wrote:
AnX wrote:Can you load your own samples into it?
No, I don't think so. It wouldn't make sense as there are no oscillator/sample/mapping/layering section.
It's a rompler all the way. Compare it to Nexus. No sample loading either.
Oh well, i'll pass on this then.

Return to “Instruments”