Vst hosting and routing standalone app: alternative to Blue Cat Patchworks, Eareckon Bloxpander ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,
any other ideas beside these ?

I need to reproduce this routing:
http://www.unguitar.com/wp-content/uplo ... outing.gif

Basically there are two different analog inputs taking 4 different parallel processing paths, each with a different cascade of vsts.
Their outputs go to a main stereo out and split in parallel to a looper ( Mobius) which output goes to the main stereo out as well.

I've studied Blue Cat Audio Patchworks and Eareckon Bloxpander pretty extensively but before deciding before these two I'd like to know which other application might offer the same results.
Thank you for your advice,
Luca

by the way, before you get crazy trying to check the actual audio flow in the posted example, consider the screenshot I've taken was not intended to be readable so to reproduce it.
The position of the various processing elements don't allow to understand the signal flow and it is not important to me as it is the architecture that makes it possible.

Plogue Bidule is probably your best option. Maybe you could manage it in Metaplugin too but Bidule is vastly more capable and has its own processing and sequencing modules too.

Amazon: why not use an alternative

thank you for Usine and Bidule.
I checked them a few years ago and they were very interesting indeed.
I was looking for a less intricate solution. I think that an easy interface and lean environment is essential when its use is oriented to improv and instant composing or sound design.

unguitar wrote:thank you for Usine and Bidule.
I checked them a few years ago and they were very interesting indeed.
I was looking for a less intricate solution. I think that an easy interface and lean environment is essential when its use is oriented to improv and instant composing or sound design.
To me Bidule seems super-lean and easy to use as a plugin chainer. The default layout is almost blank aside from a mixer and an audio output (if prefered the default layout can be resaved without them). Simply right-click, select plugins, connect as desired, and you're done. There's nothing else there except what you need.

Yes, I know Bidule and Usine as they were the two of the three contenders with Audiomulch.
I chose the latter, it was ten years ago, circa.
Now, I'd prefer to move to a more essential application but I understand that the routing and control capabilities I need just can be found in a complex environment, so I'll just have to adapt myself to what's available between the same old three: Bidule, Usine and Audiomulch.

by the way: www.vstforx.de
was a good idea based on very lean environment and intuitive UI.
It's a pity it hasn't been developed further.

Just out of curiosity have you ever checked into Cantabile?

The recent Version 3 update has beefed it up considerably. I do similar stuff in it, and it is pretty robust.
Just thought I would mention it as no one had yet.
Digital Studio: Studio One Pro 3, and too many plugins to list
Tools: '09 Epi' Dot Studio, '10 Epi' Les Paul Studio, '97 Fender Strat, 2015 PRS SE Standard 24, Martin OMC-18E.
Toys: Peavey Solo, Crate GFX30, VOX AD30VT, Digitech RP500, Line 6 HD500X

If you want something simpler then try Metaplugin.

unguitar wrote:Yes, I know Bidule and Usine as they were the two of the three contenders with Audiomulch.
I chose the latter, it was ten years ago, circa.
Now, I'd prefer to move to a more essential application but I understand that the routing and control capabilities I need just can be found in a complex environment, so I'll just have to adapt myself to what's available between the same old three: Bidule, Usine and Audiomulch.
Oh; Ididn't mean to suggest Bidule was your only option. I should have suggested Pedalboard2; which I'm a big fan of. Plus it's free!
http://www.niallmoody.com/apps/pedalboard2

And don´t forget MUX Modular, which offers a lot more than simple VST routing: http://www.mutools.com/mux-product.html

Dead cheap, great sound and great flexibility

Wow, what an interesting collection of tools I didn't know about: MUX, Pedalboard, Metaplugin...

Now, a very important thing for me to consider is how reliable are their developers.
I've had troubles in the past with companies who've dropped developement/updates/assistance so it is important for me to check about this as well, before starting to invest my time into a new application that, in my case, will be the real core of my music making.

unguitar wrote:Wow, what an interesting collection of tools I didn't know about: MUX, Pedalboard, Metaplugin...

Now, a very important thing for me to consider is how reliable are their developers.
I've had troubles in the past with companies who've dropped developement/updates/assistance so it is important for me to check about this as well, before starting to invest my time into a new application that, in my case, will be the real core of my music making.
If you're referring to Audiomulch I feel your pain. Such a great app; so sad

unguitar wrote:Wow, what an interesting collection of tools I didn't know about: MUX, Pedalboard, Metaplugin...

Don´t know about the others, but Jo, the guy behind MuTools, is the most responsible and friendliest developer I ever came across with...bugfixes often appear after 1-2 days, always open minded to user wishes, very user friendly prices... if there is a developer worth to be supported, he would be my number one for sure

dformd wrote:

If you're referring to Audiomulch I feel your pain. Such a great app; so sad
Just got an update on Mac (compatibility stuff) so there is some life yet; still hoping for a 64 bit version with multicore processing.

Return to “Effects”