Private Messages Not Working

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

PM... it worked for me in the past, if my memory is correct. I think I've used it twice at most.
Never thought PM was that important, in my case. But now I guess I should have that functional.

Here is a screen shot of it not functioning. I type my reply in the reply box, I click submit,
what I typed in the reply box disappears and then a notification in red letters says:
"The requested users to be added do not exist." I know for sure the user exist, it's Compyfox.
I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. Any ideas? I tried Google. Could not find much help there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

Works fine here. Judging from the picture i figure you used the PM function from the post in the respective thread?

chk071 wrote:Works fine here. Judging from the picture i figure you used the PM function from the post in the respective thread?
Yes, I did click the PM button right beside the Compyfox avatar or name.

Beneath the Compyfox avatar or name, I mean.

Which addons do you have installed in Chrome?

chk071 wrote:Which addons do you have installed in Chrome?
I'm not even sure how to check that but I know for sure Adblock Plus is one
and the other is some type of "switch to newest tab instantly". Forgot the name.

Going to shut off the Ad blocker and try to see if that works. Brb.

You can check by typing "chrome:extensions" in the adress bar. Adblock Plus shouldn't do anything really, i have it installed too, and it doesn't do anything with the PM system (though i have it deactivated on KVR).

Yup, I disabled Adblock. Problem remains. Also found out I only have two addons, the other is Tab Activate.

I disabled Tab Activate. Sent you a PM. Seems to work. Did it get through? Will try again with Compyfox.

Nope, it's still not working with Compyfox. Hmmm. Does the user have to be online?
Aarrghh I gotta go. Thanks anyways chk071.

I didn't get your PM either. Weird. :o I really have no idea what could cause it.

Duh me. I think I know what I was doing wrong. I was typing my message in the first smaller box (see picture in my first post above), the one that has "To: Compyfox" above it. And when I clicked submit, the message that I typed in the wrong box disappeared and instead the notification "The requested users to be added do not exist" in red letters appeared. Sentences are not users, I guess. Sheeesh.

I guess messages are supposed to be typed in the second larger box near the bottom. I guess, with the larger box being pre-filled... I wrongly thought I wasn't supposed to type anything there. Sorry guys/gals.

Return to “Site Stuff”