Sonalksis...comments?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Daags wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote:It appears that all sonalksis plugins are 64-bit by default now.
naturally, if you bought them once they went 64bit. that's not the issue ... the issue is charging existing users a fee just for the 64bit dll's.
i feel that ay dev has a right to charge for that enormous amount of work involved.. anything else is just a bonus.. but respect that many feel otherwise.. i guess it's just the way he said it that irked me.

for me, it just seems like a very obvious way of wringing one last bit of money out of these plugins before effectively abandoning development.

:shrug:

I hope Rudolph is right, but I suspect he is wrong.

the installer certainly installs the 64 bit versions ... but that doesn't mean they are licensed as he may find out if he hasn't tested them already.

Perhaps I'll run the installation again to see for myself if he doesn't respond soon.

they work for 30 days with complete functionality and don't display any real info as such until they expire so he may actually be running demos without realising it. I didn't see his posts sorry as i have him long muted.

PS development on sonalksis is not abandoned.. they have plans.. ;)

and btw, treu abandonment is just leaving them at 32 bit and calling it a day.. that's happened to me before MANY times.. what i wouldn't have given to PAY for an update to 64 so i could use them!
Last edited by ObsoleteAcc99 on Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daags wrote:for me, it just seems like a very obvious way of wringing one last bit of money out of these plugins before effectively abandoning development.

:shrug:

I hope Rudolph is right, but I suspect he is wrong.

the installer certainly installs the 64 bit versions ... but that doesn't mean they are licensed as he may find out if he hasn't tested them already.

Perhaps I'll run the installation again to see for myself if he doesn't respond soon.
I have tested them... they are showing as licensed in my 64-bit only host. I've checked by clicking the logo and it is showing as licensed.

Perhaps it's a bug, perhaps not?
http://admiralbumblebee.com/
Audio Software Reviews, Woodworking, Programming and more...

what host are you using ? are you sure it is not bit-bridging the 32bit files ?

you either bought a 64bit license from the onset without realising, or you are experiencing user error of some description (i.e using bit-bridged 32 bit versions, or inadvertently activated a demo mode for 64 bit, something along those lines), ........ or as you say you are benefiting from a 'bug' though that seems so much more unlikely than the other two possibilities.

i have double-checked, re-installed via the plugin manager, and no... there is no '64 bit license by default' as you claimed. existing users pre-64bit will need to pay for a '64bit license' to use the 64bit dlls. Period.

TheoM wrote: waves was not free to 64 bit (wup required), so why is this guy singling out sonalksis? What about mcdsp? mcdsp? Others? Do you want me to produce a list of all devs who had 64 bit upgrade fees if one had not bought during the grace period or had a very old version?

Last software update - November 2013
Waves, Sonnox and mcdsp releases updates regularly...

I'm really aware to pay 64 bit fee because I'm not sure that I'll see any update from Sonalksis in the future (still waiting UI bug fixing)

Also there is some NFR transfer policy ....

Even my first experience with Sonalksis support was a pain :(
About 3 days of nightmare because in their database my email was recorded with "space" char at the end and it was not my fault

krandr wrote:
TheoM wrote: waves was not free to 64 bit (wup required), so why is this guy singling out sonalksis? What about mcdsp? mcdsp? Others? Do you want me to produce a list of all devs who had 64 bit upgrade fees if one had not bought during the grace period or had a very old version?

Last software update - November 2013
Waves, Sonnox and mcdsp releases updates regularly...

I'm really aware to pay 64 bit fee because I'm not sure that I'll see any update from Sonalksis in the future (still waiting UI bug fixing)

Also there is some NFR transfer policy ....

Even my first experience with Sonalksis support was a pain :(
About 3 days of nightmare because in their database my email was recorded with "space" char at the end and it was not my fault
what updates do they need? are they crashing? NO.. so do you want magic new code in them to make them float? I am not sure.. they will be updated when they need to be.. They still work on el capitan and windows. I'm not sure what the issue is. NFR transfer policy means they can only be transferred one time. but transfer is FREE and INSTANT.. tell me HOW MANY devs offer one button license transfer click? Voxengo, Sonalksis, audiodamage.. who else?

sonnox was 25gbp *per plugin* to 64 bit, that's 25 POUNDS...Wup could have been as high as $300...
mcdsp was a version update, i don't remember how much.. anyway they were just *some* examples.

But since you are not happy with sonalksis.. i have the solution.. sell them! Problem solved.

TheoM wrote: what updates do they need? are they crashing?
What about Pro Tools 11/12 users who have old projects made on Pro Tools 8/9/10 ???
TheoM wrote: But since you are not happy with sonalksis.. i have the solution.. sell them! Problem solved.
Unfortunately I already have NFR products :dog:

krandr wrote:
TheoM wrote: what updates do they need? are they crashing?
What about Pro Tools 11/12 users who have old projects made on Pro Tools 8/9/10 ???
TheoM wrote: But since you are not happy with sonalksis.. i have the solution.. sell them! Problem solved.
Unfortunately I already have NFR products :dog:
oh you're complaining about second hand products you probably paid almost nothing for :dog:

pro tools users.. true.. but if the sonalksis are such a must have.. everyone with PT owns a wrapper.. use blue cat patchworx, ddmf metaplugin, nomad magma.. they work perfectly in all of those.. and metaplugin at least at 40 bucks is an ESSENTIAL for pt.

tons of plugins are not aax, sorry.

Daags wrote:what host are you using ? are you sure it is not bit-bridging the 32bit files ?

you either bought a 64bit license from the onset without realising, or you are experiencing user error of some description (i.e using bit-bridged 32 bit versions, or inadvertently activated a demo mode for 64 bit, something along those lines), ........ or as you say you are benefiting from a 'bug' though that seems so much more unlikely than the other two possibilities.

i have double-checked, re-installed via the plugin manager, and no... there is no '64 bit license by default' as you claimed. existing users pre-64bit will need to pay for a '64bit license' to use the 64bit dlls. Period.
Host is DP9, it has no bridge. I have no bridge installed. I never paid, because I think it's ridiculous to charge for it. I have checked my email to see if there's any such invoice, and there's nothing.

Unfortunate that it's not working for everyone... but I'll take it. Sorry for the false-alarm I guess.

I do have NFR's... maybe that has something to do with it. Hmm :scared:

Check this out:

https://www.sonalksis.com/audio-interfaces.html

Doesn't seem like a dead company to me. Plus they seem to be active in the b2b domain.

people here are referring to development on the sonalksis suite of plugins.

Daags wrote:people here are referring to development on the sonalksis suite of plugins.

as i told you, i have been informed that PID is not dead, and after they finish of a couple of current projects, they are even thinking of all new plugins.. they just have limited people and are taking it one step at a time.. they work now as it is, so again, what's the issue? If the plugins crashed non stop or were buggy and were being ignored, absolutely, different story. But anyone who buys them knows up front exactly what they are getting.. 32 and 64 bit vst and AU. No one should ever buy something on "possible future updates".

They are also now probably amongst the cheapest products on the market for what they offer.. recently the entire bundle could be had for 200 bucks.. everything they have ever made.. the tbk pack is worth that alone, it's bloody fantastic.

This is getting very frustrating, so i will now exit this topic.. however.. just know.. that if *i* started any kind of topic like this and had done half the "complaints" that others have done in this topic but against another dev, i would have been *lynched*. I am sure a ton of people that actually like me here will confirm that. It's funny how it's ok for everyone else to do it.

LOL.

I am just pointing out what people are talking about ... so it's silly to point to a soundcard like that should put their concerns to bed.

TheoM wrote:
Daags wrote:people here are referring to development on the sonalksis suite of plugins.

as i told you, i have been informed that PID is not dead, and after they finish of a couple of current projects, they are even thinking of all new plugins.. they just have limited people and are taking it one step at a time.. they work now as it is, so again, what's the issue? If the plugins crashed non stop or were buggy and were being ignored, absolutely, different story. But anyone who buys them knows up front exactly what they are getting.. 32 and 64 bit vst and AU. No one should ever buy something on "possible future updates".

They are also now probably amongst the cheapest products on the market for what they offer.. recently the entire bundle could be had for 200 bucks.. everything they have ever made.. the tbk pack is worth that alone, it's bloody fantastic.

This is getting very frustrating, so i will now exit this topic.. however.. just know.. that if *i* started any kind of topic like this and had done half the "complaints" that others have done in this topic but against another dev, i would have been *lynched*. I am sure a ton of people that actually like me here will confirm that. It's funny how it's ok for everyone else to do it.

LOL.
Consider how other people do it, to how you do it.

That's the difference.

Return to “Effects”