NUSofting Sinnah 1.1 UPDATED : Freeware, new features!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sinnah

Julian Ray wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Been playing around with this today - great for making really chaotic hard to control sounds - esp overblown flutey and scrapey stringy things - here are 17 patches taken from today's experiments:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/564 ... atches.zip
Glad you've discovered Sinnah Stephen, will listen to your presets asap.
Thanks - they are just first impressions.

aMUSEd wrote:Thanks - they are just first impressions.
BTW, current OSC is for Sinnah, so you can find some interesting sounds there as well (like Luiji's percussion) viewtopic.php?f=1&t=460547

aMUSEd wrote:
Julian Ray wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Been playing around with this today - great for making really chaotic hard to control sounds - esp overblown flutey and scrapey stringy things - here are 17 patches taken from today's experiments:

But there are great sounds!
Complements very well with Julian bank,
thanks

BTW in both banks some prestets are too loud at 100+ velocity, also I really need to add velocity keytracking
Last edited by liqih on Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

camsr wrote:
liqih wrote:Thanks sinkmusic!

BTW here is a song made 100% using Sinnah 1.0, all sounds including percussions.
Produced is Ableton Live using some automations, reverb, delay, EQ and limiter. No other effects.
(stream or right-click to download)
http://nusofting.liqihsynth.com/sinnah_two_chords.mp3

Download Sinnah 1.0
Cool song!
Thanks camsr, but the mix it still raw,
for much better examples everyone should check the OSC entries
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=460547 and on
100% Sinnah awesomeness there
Last edited by liqih on Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

liqih wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
Julian Ray wrote:

thanks

BTW in both banks some prestets are too loud at 100+ velocity, also I really need to add velocty keytracking
Thanks - yes please. Also how do I add aftertouch?

aMUSEd wrote:
liqih wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
Julian Ray wrote:

thanks

BTW in both banks some prestets are too loud at 100+ velocity, also I really need to add velocty keytracking
Thanks - yes please. Also how do I add aftertouch?
So far in Sinnah 1.0 only notes, velocity and pitchbend are recognized as MIDI,
next update would have more MIDI stuff

To tungee:

I see you have some presets and skins for Lokomotive on KVR. Do you know where I can install thenm on a MAC to make them available in the Lokomotive preset browser? And I also need to find the folder to change the skin. I am however not finding it as any variation of "Lokomotiv" on my drives. Guess it must have filed itself under a different name. Any hint would be appreciated.
Mac Pro 3,2Ghz - 10TB - 20GB, Cubase 10 + 8 + 7 + 5 + 4, Logic X, Yamaha 01v96, Hammerfall RAYDAT.

Rumdrum, I guess you meant to reach tungee in another thread? This one is about Sinnah synth

Julian Ray wrote:
liqih wrote:or this one?
(please try them and let me know)

Download Sinnah 1.0
Download JMR Sinergy presets for Sinnah
I like textured Sinnah name, but because of the texture it might look unpredictable on some backgrounds. Glove is good to emphasize the name, but from some point can make it less readable and masking texture as well (in case of glove I was referring to current version Sinnah I have). Still not sure about hanged letters (S & H). Also, base line (wave+NUSofting) fades out in size from left to right, leaving last letters of Sinnah without the base.
To reach a balance, I would try extend base line (or just it's background) width to Sinnah width and maybe make NUSofting all by capital letters (if it's not too critical). Anyway, just some thoughts :)
You have a point about the hanged letters, anyway in the nest update the logo will be much smaller
since I need space for the new features, <wink>
Thanks for the feedback.

Actually getting to know Sinnah, playing with the machine-preset is a lot of joy as a starter.

So thanks a lot, Luigi - the synth of the year so far for me, as it is not following the usual paradigm paths for synths - > right my experimental alley - mille grazie! :)
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

Many thanks thomekk, "the synth of the year so far for me", wow!

BTW everybody! here is a preview of what's coming next
http://nusofting.liqihsynth.com/sinnah/ ... atures.png
Image(see the bottom bar "tweaks")

And I apologize to the Mac users for the little messy GUI of Sinnah 1.0, the GUI will be much improved in 1.1 release.

liqih wrote:And I apologize to the Mac users for the little messy GUI of Sinnah 1.0, the GUI will be much improved in 1.1 release.
Yes, I have to admit I dropped the ball a little bit on this. I was too focussed on getting parts of the new framework working and I didn't make a careful comparison of the GUI on the Mac vs Windows. So I didn't realise that a consequence of a completely drawn ("vector") GUI (as opposed to a bitmapped GUI like Modelonia) was that the text alignment varies between the two platforms due to the font metrics being treated differently between OS X and Windows. This is the main source of the messiness in the Mac version, I believe.

So I wonder how many people who are really critical of Sinnah's UI are running the OS X version?

Anyway we have all in place now, so that Sinnah 1.1 GUI will be correctly displayed both on Mac and Windows, and nicer too!

Nice! Thanks for posting that! And I haven't yet released the 1.1, maybe this week or the next

Return to “Instruments”