Battery 3 is seriously f#$ked up

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After the latest update I don't know what has happened but B3 is going Bat-shit-crazy.

Sample start points for some samples can't be edited. After enabling snap to zero this becomes editable and I move the sample start. Now when I trigger the cell it still triggers as it did originally (i.e. before the sample start change) though the GUI clearly shows the sample starting immediately. Happens only for one particular cell.

Well just dont use it then. Its pretty useless as an editor anyway.

This is not about editing the sample which I've learned the hard way doesn't work.

It's basic sample playback and changing the start points of the sample.

keyman_sam wrote:After the latest update I don't know what has happened but B3 is going Bat-shit-crazy.

Sample start points for some samples can't be edited. After enabling snap to zero this becomes editable and I move the sample start. Now when I trigger the cell it still triggers as it did originally (i.e. before the sample start change) though the GUI clearly shows the sample starting immediately. Happens only for one particular cell.
I am on Windows 7 x64 and have had zero problems like you are describing.

Which update? What is the date? What system are you running Battery on?

Battery 3 or 4?
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Happens on BOTH battery 3 and 4 (i tried both).

Is something wrong with the kit perhaps? In v4 I can see the sample playhead moves from the beginning of the sample though the sample start is set in the middle of the sample.

OS ? DAW?

i'm on windows 7 and in either Reaper or AbletonLive not having any problems. With either Battery 3 or 4.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

keyman_sam wrote:Happens on BOTH battery 3 and 4 (i tried both).

Is something wrong with the kit perhaps? In v4 I can see the sample playhead moves from the beginning of the sample though the sample start is set in the middle of the sample.
Can you be more specific? Which kit and which cell? It would be easier to spot. Also is it constantly behaving like this?
It might also related to the layers of velocity? It is possible of course to be a bug needs to be reported.
I have battery 3. I will test it and report back.

Update:
Ok, I had a play with it and I found it is because the velocity layers (different wav files for one sound). You need to know which velocity you are working with to adjust the wav file related to it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks for trying it in your system.

This is my own custom kit with custom samples. I think the problem is the sample has some embedded sample start info and battery keeps using it regardless. This doesn't happen with other samples. Only on 3 samples this happens.

I would start with a fresh blank kit and re-enter your samples. If it's a specific sample that's not editing properly then maybe Battery should be looking at a raw wave file. Re-sample it, battery's got a lot of options to manipulate starts and envelopes.

Then re-install, then-last but not least - roll back.

My first thought was, that you probably edit the wrong sample. Especially when you a lot of sample in one cell, you have to make sure you edit the correct one, or you won't hear the difference, when you play e.g. the "wrong" velocity, etc.

I never experienced such a bug, neither in B3 nor B4. That's why I suppose it's a user error, without meaning any offense.

Does it happen with every kind of audio file? As you mentioned you use a sample that contains a sample start information. Try to load a simple plain WAV-file and test it again.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

There are no velocity layers or anything of that sort. In this cell there's only one sample and its just the same as the other cells. I don't think re-installing will solve it because it seems to be in both versions.

There's another guy in NI forum experiencing the same issue as mine, no replies.

Upload the samples that don't work here. So we can give it a shot.

You say "some samples". Have you checked if they are supported by Battery?
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Return to “Instruments”