Arturia MATRIXBRUTE

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ghettosynth wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
Lejurai wrote:
This video is just hideous xD Who do they think will buy this synth.. Kids? Not for a serious synth user obviously *roflmao*
I'd buy that synth... it's maybe the most compelling offering of the entire NAMM show
I would too, if I was in a place where I felt that buying new synths made sense. I think that the use of the grid of buttons as both routing and a sequencer is really quite innovative.
Agreed on the grid of buttons... and not just routing and sequencer but each button selects a preset too...

pdxindy wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
Lejurai wrote:
This video is just hideous xD Who do they think will buy this synth.. Kids? Not for a serious synth user obviously *roflmao*
I'd buy that synth... it's maybe the most compelling offering of the entire NAMM show
I would too, if I was in a place where I felt that buying new synths made sense. I think that the use of the grid of buttons as both routing and a sequencer is really quite innovative.
Agreed on the grid of buttons... and not just routing and sequencer but each button selects a preset too...
I've thought for a long time that it was time that the pin style matrix modulation set up of the Synthi got updated for this century. This is clearly it. It's funny that it comes out just as I've more or less abandoned hope for anything like this in hardware and instead turned to software. As much as I lust for this, I wouldn't really have the room for it even if someone gave me the money. I'll have to just make due. :lol:

On the other side of of things, Reaktor 6 just came out and we're already seeing some very cool blocks. It's only a matter of time before NI starts selling additional models of gear. It's an exciting time.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

pdxindy wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
Lejurai wrote:

Yes, which can be undervalued in the sense that having each preset available at a press allows selecting presets to be a part of the performance. I didn't pay attention, how responsive is it?

zerocrossing wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
Lejurai wrote:
I've thought for a long time that it was time that the pin style matrix modulation set up of the Synthi got updated for this century. This is clearly it. It's funny that it comes out just as I've more or less abandoned hope for anything like this in hardware and instead turned to software. As much as I lust for this, I wouldn't really have the room for it even if someone gave me the money. I'll have to just make due. :lol:

On the other side of of things, Reaktor 6 just came out and we're already seeing some very cool blocks. It's only a matter of time before NI starts selling additional models of gear. It's an exciting time.
I wouldn't worry, theres bound to be a MicroMatrixBrute

:pray:

:wink:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

ghettosynth wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:

Yes, which can be undervalued in the sense that having each preset available at a press allows selecting presets to be a part of the performance. I didn't pay attention, how responsive is it?
That is a question I have as well... Hopefully, like an Elektron box

Saw a video of the MB at Messe. Sounds nasty (in a really good way)

AnX wrote:Saw a video of the MB at Messe. Sounds nasty (in a really good way)
There's a video up at SonicState from the Messe

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
AnX wrote:Saw a video of the MB at Messe. Sounds nasty (in a really good way)
There's a video up at SonicState from the Messe
Yep, thats the one.

Any news on a release date for this?

...guess not...

They screwed up a bit by letting Moog steal the market with the Minimoog reissue...
Yeah i know, two totally different synths, but synth enthusiasts spending money is not infinite. :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

How did they screw up?
Did they know about it?
Are they similar products?
Are no others releasing new synths at the moment?

Dumb statement

VariKusBrainZ wrote:How did they screw up?
Took at least 1 or 2 months too long to finish developing it.
Can't you see many people who were preordering the synth cancelling their preorders to preorder the new Model D ?
I can.
VariKusBrainZ wrote:Are they similar products?
Monophonic synthesizers ?
And as i said above totally different.
VariKusBrainZ wrote:Are no others releasing new synths at the moment?
Not as legendary and desirable as the Minimoog, OB-6 is far from that iconic status.
Minimoog will take a big chunk of the market, no doubt about it.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Mutant wrote:They screwed up a bit by letting Moog steal the market with the Minimoog reissue...
Yeah i know, two totally different synths, but synth enthusiasts spending money is not infinite. :)
If I was in the market for a monophonic hardware synth. I would not opt for Minimoog instead of Matrixbrute. Just as an example that your assumption may be wrong.
Fernando (FMR)

I seriously doubt that people interested in the Matrixbrute will exchange it for the D.

I am looking forward to it because of the matrix, sequencer and effects. It is unique and deep, the D is very limited in comparision and I am sure people looking in to it do it because of tone.

The only thing that is holding me, and many other potencial costumers, is Arturia reputation because the price is great for what this is.
dedication to flying

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”