NEW Studio One v3 updates incoming.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

No idea. When they use that word "revolutionary", historically or in the past it seems, whether everyone agrees if it's technically accurate or not, it was something you'd never seen before in any other daw, like they might have said that about the ScratchPad and IIRC they also maybe said it before Melodyne ARA launched.

So I usually take it to mean ... "Something you've never seen in a daw before." ... based on how they've said it before.

No clue. I suppose we'll all find out on the 25th.

No matter what it is, it's free, so I'll take it. :hihi:

Meh...to my way of thinking it will be another marketing trick. Excuse my cynicism but after working in the marketing field way back when I have grown used to this.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

trimph1 wrote:Meh...to my way of thinking it will be another marketing trick. Excuse my cynicism but after working in the marketing field way back when I have grown used to this.
:shrug: I can only go by what they released when they said that before, if I'm speculating / guessing on why they're saying it again.

I never get caught up by marketing hype in any case so the word itself is irrelevant to me, it's just a word. It always seems to serve at least one useful purpose, getting people talking.

I don't know either. It might be marketing campaign but it also might be something really useful and will make many users happy.

It's a tough competition out there and Presonus should think out of their box if they want to stay in the game. I don't think musicians are stupid in general and will be happy with just a hype or marketing tricks. The criticism in KVR is high and some of it are very good and helpful.

EnGee wrote:I don't know either. It might be marketing campaign but it also might be something really useful and will make many users happy.

It's a tough competition out there and Presonus should think out of their box if they want to stay in the game. I don't think musicians are stupid in general and will be happy with just a hype or marketing tricks. The criticism in KVR is high and some of it are very good and helpful.
How are they not in the game? You got people creating websites for studio one, youtube channels, and now a radio podcast for studio one. KVR is just small percentage of the studio one user base.

Got to be something to do with bars, maybe variable time sig support?

beatmangler443 wrote:
EnGee wrote:I don't know either. It might be marketing campaign but it also might be something really useful and will make many users happy.

How are they not in the game? You got people creating websites for studio one, youtube channels, and now a radio podcast for studio one. KVR is just small percentage of the studio one user base.
Who said they are not?! Reading problems?

Also, don't underestimate KVR!! It is a main window for any developer. It is even much more important to be successful here than to get 10/10 rating in CM or in whatever media. This is what I believe and what I do personally when I want to read opinions/facts about a host or an instrument or musical ideas. Whatever others and my own mistakes are, I'm still learning since I joined here (and I suppose many feels the same way).

Just search google for any host/instrument question and you will see how KVR forums is almost always there in the first results, so that indicates it is very important place IMO.

Kvr is certainly popular for VSTs, but most DAWs have there own sites/forums. In fact BITWiG is the only DAW realy represented here.

On a DAWs own forum you will find even more helpful experts and information, and a lot less bickering about which DAW is best ;-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote:...but most DAWs have there own sites/forums.
True. But in some of them (I haven't actually counted them) you can't post unless you actually own the product, so some people who have strong opinions about every daw on the planet while not ever owning most of them come here and to Gearslutz to do that. :hihi:

EnGee wrote:
beatmangler443 wrote:

Who said they are not?! Reading problems?

Also, don't underestimate KVR!! It is a main window for any developer. It is even much more important to be successful here than to get 10/10 rating in CM or in whatever media. This is what I believe and what I do personally when I want to read opinions/facts about a host or an instrument or musical ideas. Whatever others and my own mistakes are, I'm still learning since I joined here (and I suppose many feels the same way).

Just search google for any host/instrument question and you will see how KVR forums is almost always there in the first results, so that indicates it is very important place IMO.
Yes the same could be said about gearslutz.

SLiC wrote:Kvr is certainly popular for VSTs, but most DAWs have there own sites/forums. In fact BITWiG is the only DAW realy represented here.
Don't forget Tracktion - KvR is where it was conceived and grew up.

LawrenceF wrote:
SLiC wrote:...but most DAWs have there own sites/forums.
True. But in some of them (I haven't actually counted them) you can't post unless you actually own the product, so some people who have strong opinions about every daw on the planet while not ever owning most of them come here and to Gearslutz to do that. :hihi:
LawrenceF, you always start your post good but end it with some 'mean' comment! No, I don't have Studio One Pro now, because I traded it with Bitwig, but I still have the Artist version and I like to know what's happening with the previous DAWs I used. There is nothing illegal about that I suppose even if I don't have it installed in my PC!

Anyway, I also visit the host/software's own website, but it is always not 'neutral' grounds to discuss about other competing products. Of course it is a good source of information related to that specific product, but it is always like this "You either with us or against us" attitude. It is also more comfortable for the potential buyers to ask about the product and how it compares to others in a neutral forum.

I usually look for solutions in the forums, but sometimes I write directly to the support if I have a specific or very important one (like I did with Presonus in the past and recently with Bitwig).

-deleted-
Last edited by Uncle E on Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Engee: My comment wasn't "mean". No clue why you took it that way.

I was saying that people who like to argue about daws, what's best, what sucks, etc, etc, can't do it on some official forums because they can't post there, that's all. I think you're being way too sensitive and reading things not actually there.

The chuckling smiley (was that what you meant?) there was more indicative of how all the "vs" daw threads suddenly just stop in those places when some companies stopped everyone but registered users from posting.

LawrenceF wrote:Engee: My comment wasn't "mean". No clue why you took it that way.

I was saying that people who like to argue about daws, what's best, what sucks, etc, etc, can't do it on some official forums because they can't post there, that's all. I think you're being way too sensitive and reading things not actually there.

The chuckling smiley (was that what you meant?) there was more indicative of how all the "vs" daw threads suddenly just stop in those places when some companies stopped everyone but registered users from posting.
Sorry, I got it as you are giving a hint of pirating software. I apologise.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”