Alternative Live Dark Skin (with standard piano roll)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In the drum rack the io and two other buttons are hidden, I tried to make them visible but can't unless I make the skin even darker :-(

The buttons are of course there when clicked in the area but just not visible. Grrrrrr!!

shonoob wrote:
topaz wrote:Sorry I did not understand that question :-(

Hmm, will check
shonoob wrote:random question if you don't mind me asking, but how did you get the zoom bar at the top bigger in size? Because sometimes for me it gets to that size when I am switching around skins, but after I restart ableton it goes back to half the thickness, I prefer it to be thick like your picture shows. I am wondering if there is a way to adjust it? Sorry if my question is hard to understand, I hope it isn't too cryptic!

Thanks.
Sorry, it is a difficult thing for me to explain. The name for the thing I am wondering about how to adjust is: the 'Clip Overview/Zooming Hot Spot', located at the top of ableton (The thing you drag around to see/zoom around the areas in your arrangement view.)

For me when I load your skin it is very very very thin, I was wondering if there a way to make it thicker? So I can see everything more clearly at the top?

Thanks

@shonoob, i don't think there's a way to adjust the size of that bar. However, it does increase in size when you add more tracks, to allocate the extra tracks. Isn't that what you are seeing that is different from your own experience?

BDeep wrote:@shonoob, i don't think there's a way to adjust the size of that bar. However, it does increase in size when you add more tracks, to allocate the extra tracks. Isn't that what you are seeing that is different from your own experience?
Perhaps, however there have been times when track amount didn't affect it, and it stayed big regardless of how many tracks there were.

Anyways, it is not that big of an issue, just a random OCD thing for me I guess.

But back to the topic, the skin is fantastic!! What did you update on it?

it's far from perfect, there are things hidden so for someone new to live not advised.

but until ableton give us a proper editor it's ok.

updated some colors that's all.

topaz wrote:In the drum rack the io and two other buttons are hidden, I tried to make them visible but can't unless I make the skin even darker :-(

The buttons are of course there when clicked in the area but just not visible. Grrrrrr!!

Hi Topaz. Thank you very much for laying the groundwork for this skin. I have been able to further edit it to my liking. The color box you are looking for regoarding the hidden drum rack features is: ViewCheckControlEnabledOff

Here is my personalised version: (selection color and freeze color are both blue like the other blue features)

Cool, can you share that. ?

Thanks for the tip :-)

Hehe, in the UK we have the worse government ever, and their color is blue. So I have some kind of ocd thing with blue but will try.

LFO8 wrote:
Here is my personalised version: (selection color and freeze color are both blue like the other blue features)

I love blue skins ... very easy on the eye. Any chance of a link?

@Topaz: Tried out your Dark / Disco skin last night. The orange is too bright for me. Looks good otherwise.
topaz wrote:Hehe, in the UK we have the worse government ever
Too true ... :x :cry:

LFO8 wrote:
topaz wrote:In the drum rack the io and two other buttons are hidden, I tried to make them visible but can't unless I make the skin even darker :-(

Hi Topaz. Thank you very much for laying the groundwork for this skin. I have been able to further edit it to my liking. The color box you are looking for regoarding the hidden drum rack features is: ViewCheckControlEnabledOff

I am an absolute sucker for blue, could you please share that? ?

Thanks very much topaz, very kind of you to share :)

You are welcome

I have done a few tweaks, and also added a blue button version inside the zip :-)

I am happy with this now, it works well at 100% and 150% :-)

TheoM wrote:Thanks very much topaz, very kind of you to share :)

topaz wrote:http://www.maxforlive.com/library/devic ... kin-editor
aMUSEd wrote:Thanks - didn't know there was a skin editor
There's this one too ...
http://www.macableton.com/ableton-live-8-skin-editing/

shonoob wrote:I am an absolute sucker for blue, could you please share that? ?
Sorry for the late response, but I had some finishing touches still to do on that one.
You can get it HERE

:phones:

Thanks LFO8 ... but how come you need my address and telephone number before I can download?

I haven't figured out yet how to remove that section from the default template php file. You can put down anything you want there really. want really. I promise I do not have any NSA intentions. :lol:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”