Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Uncle E wrote:
BBFG# wrote:TBF; for the last few months, my purchases with AudioDeluxe have beat JRR every time.
For anything that works with the "Group" coupon code, our prices are usually lower.
Sometimes only because JRR kept monkeying with the price and discounts from one day to the next.
:?:
The only time I know of us changing the price on the regular site is with the new Softube Drawmer S73, on which someone accidentally turned off extra discounts. In that case, we gave gift vouchers to all the early buyers to cover the difference.
Our Blowout Site is a little different. Our regular site with the "Group" coupon is often times a better deal, the Blowout Site is usually only a better on special occasions.
Your discount in cart codes get flaky from day to day.
We see many comments in this thread concerning that.
Of course, being that we live in the same state means that you very rarely have the best deal for me when it's a physical product, but I fault our 'local' politics and not you for that. Like I said, it's just these last few months that my particular purchases have been cheaper @ AudioDeluxe. On at least two of those occasions though, you would have at least matched it if your 'forum/Group Buy' codes had been working that day. My only real sour with you was from the auction, which I personally found to be 'less than charitable'. But I'm over that and business is business.
I just don't find the titles of demon and saint that others are trying to inflict here as anything necessary except that when one is being declared, the other needs to be equally expressed as a matter of balance.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend either JRRshop or AudioDeluxe as a great source to shop with.
For me, the bottom line as a customer is to go with the better deal. Which means sometimes it's JRR, other times it's AD and sometimes I actually get a deal that blows both of you off the map from a location in between or across the pond from us all.

murnau wrote:I must say that everytime i got in touch with Uncle over KvR he always helped me out without any hassle. That alone is priceless! Even if i could save a buck (which often i can't anyway because the prices are nearly the same) i stick to JRR. :)
I´ve got the same experience. It`s time to say: Thank you uncle :clap:
Was Große tun, beschwatzen gern die Kleinen.

murnau wrote:God bless him! :tu: :)
Wow, didn't realise you are a believer :o

BBFG#: slimey is far from demonic, in my book... let's not over-inflate things.

And slimey vs. slime is altogether different, too.

I've dealt with the AD guy (forgot his real name... dutchmuzik on ebay?) since he was hocking broken up and very expensive pro tools systems there... way before AD.

Never had a problem.

What did he contrbute to the auction, though?

Anyway, no real problems with anyone here, if you keep things in scale.

Take that, Trigger!
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

antithesist wrote:BBFG#: slimey is far from demonic, in my book... let's not over-inflate things.
And slimey vs. slime is altogether different, too.
I've dealt with the AD guy (forgot his real name... dutchmuzik on ebay?) since he was hocking broken up and very expensive pro tools systems there... way before AD.
Never had a problem.
What did he contrbute to the auction, though?
Anyway, no real problems with anyone here, if you keep things in scale.
Take that, Trigger!
It wasn't AD that did the auction antics. Never said that.
And again, besides for that, I've received pretty great deals from both JRR and AD.
Just setting the record straight that AD requiring a purchase for this item really doesn't mean they're 'slimy' as other have implied. And almost all of the few minor glitches I have had with JRR purchases were taken care of. Those that comment to sanctify JRR might see what I say as 'demonizing', but all I'm pointing out is that these two are first and foremost, businesses. And they know they have to work and compete to get our business. All things said, I will continue to shop with both and choose who gets each deal as it comes and as I need. (And sometimes that also means that sometimes, someone besides them gets my money.)

BBFG# wrote:My only real sour with you was from the auction, which I personally found to be 'less than charitable'.
Ah, sorry, I understand now. I hadn't realized that you were referring to the Call to Arms charity auction we donated to. I plan to donate better stuff and be more organized about it next year, it was the first time we'd ever gotten involved and I just grabbed a bunch of things we had lying around at the last minute.

So did you buy something and then later come to find that it wasn't a good deal? If so, just PM me and I'll find something else to give you in its place.

Uncle E wrote:
BBFG# wrote:My only real sour with you was from the auction, which I personally found to be 'less than charitable'.
Ah, sorry, I understand now. I hadn't realized that you were referring to the Call to Arms charity auction we donated to. I plan to donate better stuff and be more organized about it next year, it was the first time we'd ever gotten involved and I just grabbed a bunch of things we had lying around at the last minute.
So did you buy something and then later come to find that it wasn't a good deal? If so, just PM me and I'll find something else to give you in its place.
The auction 'sour' was more about your bids than your donations, but the donations sure didn't help.
As I said, I got over that.
I know you have problems at times with making changes to the website and certain things may work one day and not the next (or vice versa). My last purchase fell into this where the in cart group buy price was there every day until I went to buy it and suddenly it wasn't available. So I got it from AD where it was just under your then missing group buy price. Not a big deal. But because I do watch, I've been able to buy software from Best Service; Time&Space, MF and others at an 'OTD' price JRR or AD couldn't touch at the time.
I can only think of one deal I missed out completely on because your website glitched on it. NP, I can live without it. It was an impulse buy when I saw the $99.00 plugin @ $22.00 for one day only.

Anyway, know that all is good between us and I will buy from all sources including JRR whenever it is best. And BTW, I do have two pieces of hardware I got from you also. One was a deal that no one could touch (even after adding tax) and the other was something I needed for a quick fix that no one else even carried at the time. I keep meaning to come down to the store and meet you all face to face, but I've really become a hater of our south-land freeways.

I also hate being on this forum during the weekends. So you never know when I just might show up.
Last edited by BBFG# on Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Uncle E wrote:
Numanoid wrote:New from Zero-G/Si Begg is Extreme Vocal Environments with scripted Kontakt GUI (full version required)

Intro at $56 (without VAT), regular price will be $70 (without VAT)

http://www.timespace.com/product/EVE-11 ... ad%29.html
This sounds excellent but I'll wait till Zero-G does one of their crazy sales.
Well, one of the reasons I just love buying from JRR, apart from those great Group coded prices and equally great support, is the fact that the Uncle is a gas driven gear slut like all of us :)

BBFG#: Guessing you've got a bug up your, uh... whatever about something else then.

I think I said slimey first... meaning slimey move, not that they are slime.

What concern is it of yours what others bid?

This is getting a little weird.

Let's have it be Silver taking the sacrificial beating this time.

"You may owe use tax on purchases you made from out-of-state or Internet sellers. Use tax is similar to the sales tax paid on purchases you make in California. You may report use tax on your income tax return instead of filing a use tax return with the State Board of Equalization."

antithesist wrote:BBFG#: Guessing you've got a bug up your, uh... whatever about something else then.
I think I said slimey first... meaning slimey move, not that they are slime.
What concern is it of yours what others bid?
This is getting a little weird.
Let's have it be Silver taking the sacrificial beating this time.
You would be guessing wrong then.
(And it was weird way before I even commented on this.)
As far as the bid details, even though you couldn't understand without them, doesn't matter now. My point being that what everyone took offence at AD doing might be worth mentioning in this thread from a 'best deal' standpoint, but not as condemnation of the dealer. My first post on the matter had more to do with not wanting to see a flood of a hoarded free product for the purpose of selling multiples to profit on later. It wasn't a shame on any dealer, but on buyers looking to make a killing with it. That, IMO, is the slimy move.
As far as the dealers mentioned, I haven't found any that are anything but good competition for the rest. It is the competing for our money that keeps the deals coming.

How about we get back to the bargains. Uncle E is a rock star.

punkfest2000 wrote:How about we get back to the bargains. Uncle E is a rock star.
Second that!
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

BBFG# wrote:The auction 'sour' was more about your bids than your donations
FWIW, I think the only auction I won was an Akai MPC library. I was outbid on everything else.
And again, it's our own politics here that keep me from buying hardware from you. I just can't wrap my head around the idea of our state wanting to lead the charge against personal carbon footprints by herding us into buying from across the country or even from another country to get the best price.
In case it helps, anyone who does music professionally can fill out a post-production tax form and qualify for 2.25 % sales tax:

www.boe.ca.gov/pdf/boe230K.pdf

Fleer wrote:the fact that the Uncle is a gas driven gear slut like all of us :)
The worst! :)

We hooked up all my old Sequential Circuits synths the other day. I was in heaven. :)

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”