What's your favourite MAC chorus plugin for *bass* ??

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Excalibur from Exponential Audio

It's great, not just for chorus.

Have you tried Syntorus?

Just kidding.

TheoM wrote:btw i do hope you realise that syntorus is actually CUTTING the bass out, not just chorusing the frequencies above that and then remixing it with the original full frequency signal ;) In other words, it's useless for bass IMO.
I didn't think this was right so checked the manual. Its only cuts the coursed frequencies then mixes with dry last in chain.

Tried to post screen shot of manual but not sure how to do it.

Multiply is awesome!

Xils-Lab Chor'X is great on basses ime. Has Dim D, Yamaha CS, Synthex etc modes, and in advanced mode can go very deep with programability. You might want to demo it.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

For bass, Rob Papen RP-Amod has a lot going for it. You've got two possible Chorus units running in parallel with the option to split bands by frequency and high pass the wet signal on each, so it's straightforward to have a clean bass below 150Hz, go for something a bit wider in the mids and then go crazy with the widening on second chorus above that. You've got a lot of control over the volume of the wet and dry signals after that as well. So you can keep the core of the sound upfront but get some widening, thickening in the upper frequencies.

Excalibur mentioned has plenty of control in the EQ department on four independent lines, but I feel RP-Amod is easier to set up for this kind of thing. Excalibur is better suited for more intricate effects IMO.

There's an Airwindows freebie I absolutely love, Chorus 2. AU only. Single band too. I realise not totally what you're looking for features wise but I mention it as it's my favourite chorus and gets a lot of use on bass here.

thanks so much everyone for all the amazing suggestions! have rp mod but never installed it, so i think will give that a go next

Have you tried Syntorus?

Just kidding

MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

Maybe give Syntorus a look?
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote:Maybe give Syntorus a look?
link?

:hihi:

AC222 wrote:
TheoM wrote:Thanks for all the suggestions.. waves MF is my favourite Flanger but i didn't like it for chorusing bass.

Plug and mix i will certainly try, i do have the whole pack but haven't installed it since i changed my computer a few months back ! :dog:

I forgot all about it :oops:

I also have another idea:

http://www.waves.com/plugins/cla-bass

but of course i don't have any demo time as i must have tried the whole cla pack when it came out.. so i watched the whole video and he goes over every function BUT the chorus/flanger :dog: :bang:

anyone got it?
Hey Theo! I have both CLA Effects and CLA Bass. The CLA Effects Chorus is much thicker while the CLA Bass is more subtle and more of a widening chorus. There are no controls on either besides the one level fader. They could both be used as a set and forget but because of the lack of control might be hit or miss for you?

If you want something with a bit more control, it might be worth giving the Acon multiply a shot. It says it has a Mac version and it says it has AAX support. I would say it leans closer to a cleaner TC Electronics Chorus than a more lush/thicker-sounding Lexicon chorus but it seems to blend well with a lot of instruments. If your looking for something with a super thick texture though it might not be for you.

Nice that it's free even though the developer makes a lot of professional products for sale. So you won't be getting some half-baked overhyped recommendation for a free snyth edit crap that will crash your computer and people will say it's the best because it's free :hihi:

https://acondigital.com/products/multiply/
Thanks man, i have all the acon stuff bar the defilter :) He is one of my favourite devs ever. :) I am sorry i missed your post as i kept thinking "doesn't anyone here have the CLA" and you had already answered days back :oops: :dog:

I do have multiply installed but i tend to use it on pads.

For bass, I am wanting something more subtle, so the CLA probably suited, but the sale is over now. No matter. Next time the entire bundle is at $99 for the cla effects i will probably get it then, better value than a single plug anyway :)

Right now i am getting very good results with this:
http://www.viadsp.com/effects/smart-chorus/

using it in blue cat MB-7 on the mid/high band.

I wasn't that enamoured with it at the start a few months back but on bass it seems to be just the ticket. I recommend checking it out, but I am going to suggest to the dev to add a simple high pass switch as it will make it so much easier to use :)

Thanks everyone for keeping this topic on topic and helpful and friendly.

TAL - fantastic - simple

Arrested Developer wrote:Excalibur from Exponential Audio

It's great, not just for chorus.
This!

Or the Xil's chorus. Very nice...
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Return to “Effects”