SM Drums SFZ with nice GUI (for Sforzando) !

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://smmdrums.wordpress.com/2016/02/ ... zando-1-0/

It is one of the most deeply , lovingly sampled kits in the world, featuring some killer vintage / collector's drums. It's free.

And now it has an sfz instrument (slick GUI et al) for sforzando which is also free. Bow before DSmolken !

Sforzando has a decently implemented DFD system, so 2.2 GB of drums use around 600-700 MB of RAM total. It should be a complete no brainer d/l and install. Any issues and give us a holler :)

Also, revised Kontakt instrument coming soon.

----------------------------------------------------
It has finally arrived :

A Plogue authorized SFZ version of SM Drums for Sfrozando !

What’s so special about it ?

‘Authorized’ means it has a proper GUI with some spiffing controls for all the kit pieces / buses. That’s right, it has a one stop for all controls right there in Sforzando. And Sforzando has a pretty neatly implemented DFD (direct from disk streaming). And the Sforzando vst/standalone is free, as is this drum library. Do I need to draw you a road map here ?
Note : The tune and envelope controls have pretty extreme ranges and can be automated, so it can easily be set up for non traditional use.

What’s in there ?

There’s around 2.2 GB of beautifully multi-sampled collector’s drum kit insanity (many velocity layer and plenty of round robins) , the sfz files, the GUI files, plus a manual and track templates for Reaper and FLStudio.

There is a version for a single instance of sforzando, that lets you play the whole kit and control some crucial parameters from there, for a stereo out.

There is a version for every single drum bus, where you can have multiple instances of Sforzando on separate tracks in your DAW to apply external FX on each drum bus.

But really, talk is cheap so just read the wonderfully done attached manual.

Credits

Scott McLean
Engineered & Recorded all the drum and cymbal samples.

Tod Stillwell
Edited the SMDrum samples
Co-authored User Guide for Sforzando

D. Smolken
SFZ Programming and GUI in Sforzando
Co-authored User Guide for Sforzando

Suleiman Ali
Website / Testing
Last edited by Burzukh_Studios on Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:30 am, edited 3 times in total.

Wow that is interesting! Thanks for the efforts mate :)
Scott Mclean! That's the great dude of Trance Music Mastery? Where is he now?
BTW, if you guys interested in oriental/arabic drum kits let me now, I did some nice banks as well :)

Thanks so much & have a lovely time

double post sorry

phreaque wrote:Wow that is interesting! Thanks for the efforts mate :)
BTW, if you guys interested in oriental/arabic drum kits let me now, I did some nice banks as well :)

I am not familiar with the guy you are talking about.

I am talking about this Scott :
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=648282

And regarding arabic / middle eastern percussion.... can you give some raw stems for dynamic hits or variations...or even rhythms / loops.

I would love to do something like that. Ala Turka drums is still one of my fav drum vsti as is their darbuka nut.

Yeah, that darbuka is great, I don't have the Alaturka drums but they look very interesting. More Middle Eastern percussion would be great.

As for this version of SM Drums, there's one more thing I'd like to mention - the tune and envelope controls have pretty extreme ranges and can be automated. You can make pitched snare risers, turn everything into short glitchy clicks etc. This is inspired by Rattly And Raw's Martin France Drums, and should make this kit especially useful for more electronic styles.

for me download stops at 1 GB and this google thing doesn't support resuming, grr :(( will try again

Edit: nope, no luck

muslimpunk wrote:
phreaque wrote:Wow that is interesting! Thanks for the efforts mate :)

I am not familiar with the guy you are talking about.

I am talking about this Scott :
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=648282

And regarding arabic / middle eastern percussion.... can you give some raw stems for dynamic hits or variations...or even rhythms / loops.

I would love to do something like that. Ala Turka drums is still one of my fav drum vsti as is their darbuka nut.
Seems he is another Scott indeed.
Anyhow, I'll PM you for the content :)
Thanks

thank you to all involved to making this SM Drums

It downloaded fine for me.
Great job all the way around. Nice sound and cool interface. It is nice that you can use the various elements of the kit separately. My only wish is that the B below the lowest C was also the bass drum to make it a bit more GM compatible, but probably noone else will notice anyway. Grats on a fine instrument.

tico-tico wrote:for me download stops at 1 GB and this google thing doesn't support resuming, grr :(( will try again

Edit: nope, no luck
Same problem here. (Tried only once).
"Sometimes I think of Abraham...
How one star he saw had been lit for me"

I've been putting some of the extreme control settings to use, tuning toms and snares very high and shortening them with the envelope to turn them into percussion. This track includes that, along with a "regular" SM Drums snare, a hi-hat that's tightened with the envelope but not as extremely, plus an electronic JoMox drum machine kick sample, a few percussion one-shots from Nuclear Loops, and a shaker from the Survival Drum Kit.

This is kind of the inspiration I got from Rattly And Raw's Martin France Drums - to set up some controls that allow this to be an acoustic drum kit which can integrate well into various styles of electronic tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkg2rFC7Svw

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”