StiX : MultiSynthesis Drum Machine (v1.6 Released + Flash sales)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
StiX

stillshaded wrote:Ah, well it appears that my university is blocking it for some reason. Strange. I'll look when I get home.
Should work OK from your home.

------------------_________________

Else, a poll indicates that most people prefer a blank pattern to start with. So it will stay a blank pattern :) ( But the drumpads of the kit are very likely to be changed in the next beta )
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote:
HardSinc wrote:Just re-installed it, not sure what the issue was before but the size is fine on medium now. I had an earlier beta, pretty sure with a different skin.

The issue occurred in Cubase 8.5, whatever happened, it's not happening now.

Also, the osc's do not seem to be resetting at a fixed point, is this intentional?

Edit: Yes it is, there's an R next to the oscs to switch.. :)

My second question is why ADSR and not AHDSFR, nicer for percussion, though it seems the envelopes are well tuned.
Glad one of the 3 GUI sizes fit well your needs :)

Envelopes : Many many types of envelopes are available on different drum machines ( some having only 2/3 segments, including in the vintage ladies )

In StiX, you also have the sequencer per step GATE TIME parameter. It adds a lot to the versatility of StiX envelopes. You can also use the two LFOs as additional envelopes. Or even oscillators/samples in cross synthesis. When you combine all that, you really have a lot of possibilities, including some that an ahdsfr EVs -sometimes found on Drum machines mainly/only dealing with samples -wouldn't give you. Otoh, when you look at true analog drum machines, you'll find very often ADSR EVs, or even EVs with less segments (ADR, AR, AD etc ) . And the base of StiX is virtual analog, even is FM, Filter FM, Samples, or cross synthesis complete the picture to give an interesting panorama.
Yeah, I know some machines just have AD or the envelope is really just moving a filter position and not a VCA, like an 808, it's just what I prefer, but I never really find that set up in premade software. Same goes for EMU sampler envelopes vs Soft Sampler envelopes..anyway..

I did notice the envelopes do seem unusual, they are better then they seem.

Will there be any chance you'll make it so we can send MIDI out? That would really good. I have built something similar to your sequencer in reaktor, but only with odd divisions.

It does seem good and thank god it's not just another 808/909 emulator. ;)

Lotuzia wrote:Else, a poll indicates that most people prefer a blank pattern to start with. So it will stay a blank pattern :) ( But the drumpads of the kit are very likely to be changed in the next beta )
I can easily live with that. This is not a killer argument for not buying a plugin, at least not for me, because most of the time I save my own default preset anyway :hug:
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

HardSinc wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:
HardSinc wrote:Just re-installed it, not sure what the issue was before but the size is fine on medium now. I had an earlier beta, pretty sure with a different skin.

The issue occurred in Cubase 8.5, whatever happened, it's not happening now.

Also, the osc's do not seem to be resetting at a fixed point, is this intentional?

Edit: Yes it is, there's an R next to the oscs to switch.. :)

My second question is why ADSR and not AHDSFR, nicer for percussion, though it seems the envelopes are well tuned.
Glad one of the 3 GUI sizes fit well your needs :)

Envelopes : Many many types of envelopes are available on different drum machines ( some having only 2/3 segments, including in the vintage ladies )

In StiX, you also have the sequencer per step GATE TIME parameter. It adds a lot to the versatility of StiX envelopes. You can also use the two LFOs as additional envelopes. Or even oscillators/samples in cross synthesis. When you combine all that, you really have a lot of possibilities, including some that an ahdsfr EVs -sometimes found on Drum machines mainly/only dealing with samples -wouldn't give you. Otoh, when you look at true analog drum machines, you'll find very often ADSR EVs, or even EVs with less segments (ADR, AR, AD etc ) . And the base of StiX is virtual analog, even is FM, Filter FM, Samples, or cross synthesis complete the picture to give an interesting panorama.
Yeah, I know some machines just have AD or the envelope is really just moving a filter position and not a VCA, like an 808, it's just what I prefer, but I never really find that set up in premade software. Same goes for EMU sampler envelopes vs Soft Sampler envelopes..anyway..

I did notice the envelopes do seem unusual, they are better then they seem.

Will there be any chance you'll make it so we can send MIDI out? That would really good. I have built something similar to your sequencer in reaktor, but only with odd divisions.

It does seem good and thank god it's not just another 808/909 emulator. ;)
Thanks.

Midi out : Chances there are :)

808/909 emulation : Strictly speaking, no. This said, I'm currently integrating some Wave Alchemy Demo kits into StiX, including some TR-xox ones (but also some different devices). Their sounds are stellar. When I use samples, I often use their collections.

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

stardustmedia wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:Else, a poll indicates that most people prefer a blank pattern to start with. So it will stay a blank pattern :) ( But the drumpads of the kit are very likely to be changed in the next beta )
I can easily live with that. This is not a killer argument for not buying a plugin, at least not for me, because most of the time I save my own default preset anyway :hug:
Yes it's a minor concern, I agree, but if we can please more people like this, all the best.

Btw In StiX you can also give any preset the 'init when loaded status' in the 'option menu ': 'Init preset from current values'. It just saves you a few steps, like launching StiX, then choosing your init preset, or load a daw project with this configuration.

Btw made this with what will probably be the new Init Preset drumkit. 'Naive' analog sounds.

StiX MadeWithInitPreset

Drumpads of the Init preset are now prepopulated with Macro 1 and 2 and Step modulators ready to go. Also thay have velocity assigned to VCA. This might help people discovering StiX to get a feel of it faster. I'm pleased with the macros of the cymbal for example. All kinds of Tr-606/Korg DDM *feel*.

Lotuzia wrote:StiX Grand Contest launched : 18 winners for 18 Xils-lab instruments, 2000€ of prizes. Free Time Restricted full featured demo version for everyone who want to participate.

3 categories, 6 winners per category. Lots of prizes ( Total Value > 2000€ ) to win, including of course StiX itself, also Xils4, Syn’X2, PolyKBII, Oxium etc.
  • Category 1 : Global Preset Design
    Category 2 : Drumpads and Drumkit Design ( A drumkit includes 10 drumpads)
    Category 3 : Demo Track ( StiX with other instruments in any genre )
* Consult this page for all Contest details ( Rules, where to submit your files, prizes, voting etc )

Deadline for submissions: February 29th 2016

Take your chance and participate :
Download StiX free NON RESTRICTED version
Ask for a LONG time limited license

We want to hear what YOU can do with StiX :clap:
We have very few gamers for the contest atm :o . So maybe some of you are working undercover on it atm ... or maybe drum synthesis ( category 2) is regarded as a bit too special (actually it's certainly a bit specific), but you can still make a demo track (category 3), or make global presets, ie sequences/rythms mainly (category 1) . You guys should really take your chance now. Lot of prizes to win, few participants, I'd say zero risk to at least try ...

I would like to do that, but I'd like to spend my time for other stuff at the moment.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

stardustmedia wrote:I would like to do that, but I'd like to spend my time for other stuff at the moment.
No worries (and thanks for all the help/time spent during the beta test time :hug: )

Good looking update.. found a GUI issue: the 'Created' and 'Modified' dates cannot be altered.

And if the 'Created' date should be today, it is incorrect.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by CinningBao on Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

and I just got a crash fiddling with filters - are the OSX report logs of any use to you?

CinningBao wrote:Good looking update.. found a GUI issue: the 'Created' and 'Modified' dates cannot be altered.

And if the 'Created' date should be today, it is incorrect.
Thanks,

Yes these two dates are 'display only information' they cant be changed. We lack info on the conditions in wich your screen was made. Was it before what appears to be a factory preset -due to the date- was Saved with function 'Save As' ( inthis case I think it's normal behaviour as it's related to the preset state before it was changed) . Or was it after it was Saved, and using the 'show info' function ? (factory presets cant be overwritten iirc, or maybe, to be more precise, you should not be able top overwrtite them, but should use the 'save as' function to create a new preset derived from one of them)

CinningBao wrote:and I just got a crash fiddling with filters - are the OSX report logs of any use to you?
Thanks ,

Yes, crash logs can be very important sometimes to fix bugs, or at least understand when something happenned. I had a bug also yesterday, and it was related to some extreme filter mangling, so maybe these two events are somewhat related.

Just trying the iLok demo, in Studio One 2.65 it will just stop,outputting sound after a while, reinstating the plugin will fix it. CPU usage seems a lot on certain presets. Needs to be a separate FX bus fader, when pulling down all faders in Gang mode FX bus does not reduce, or option to make FX post fader.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

woodsdenis wrote:Just trying the iLok demo, in Studio One 2.65 it will just stop,outputting sound after a while, reinstating the plugin will fix it. CPU usage seems a lot on certain presets. Needs to be a separate FX bus fader, when pulling down all faders in Gang mode FX bus does not reduce, or option to make FX post fader.
Thats a limitation of the type of demo version you use I think : *Needs to be reloaded every 25 minutes* ( quoted from the site)

A full featured demo version ( but limited to two months after you have activated it) can also be asked for on Xils site.

Fx send : A pre/post toggle will be there in the next version.( Already implemented on 0.98 G iirc) But defifinitely there in the beta version I run ( v 0.98 H, soon public)

Return to “Instruments”