Refraktor (ElectroProg - Seismic Deformation)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What a great track, Tim. You've really nailed the TD vibe, but with your own twist. It's quite a feat to keep a listener engaged for almost 18 minutes, but you've pulled it off here. Truly impressive!

FaX wrote:Really enjoying this one as well and pretty much agree with most of what is posted above. Reminiscent of some of the best parts of TG (Phaedra still being my all time favourite album).
Thanks very much for taking the time to listen and comment, FaX. Glad you enjoyed it :)

This was something I wanted to do for a while, and it was great to finally see it through.

Downloaded this and listened to it several times in different locations. Comes up trumps every time... Seriously good! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Frantz wrote:I had this on repeat today while working. It holds up very well to repeated listens. :phones:
Thanks very much for your dedication to the cause, Frantz. It is much appreciated :tu:

If people play it once, I'm happy. This is quite unprecedented, given the length of the piece.

Only listened 2 minutes so far, can't wait to hear the rest! :D

jethrobull wrote:really love this..got some nice dark elements mixed with some schizophrenic stuff going on.love the "on the run" arp.
Beautiful track,great work Sir :tu:
Thanks very much for the great comments, and for taking the (not inconsiderable) time to listen, jb. Glad you enjoyed it :D

sazb30 wrote:What a great track, Tim. You've really nailed the TD vibe, but with your own twist. It's quite a feat to keep a listener engaged for almost 18 minutes, but you've pulled it off here. Truly impressive!
Thank you very much for taking the time to listen and comment, Sarah. I'm really glad you enjoyed it :D

I hope that we may have the opportunity to listen to a new piece of Eko Magic in the not-too-distant future :)

Allomerus wrote:Downloaded this and listened to it several times in different locations. Comes up trumps every time... Seriously good! :)
Glad that this is still hitting the spot for you John :tu: Maybe I'll try another of these early TD reconstruction pieces later in the year.

camsr wrote:Only listened 2 minutes so far, can't wait to hear the rest! :D
Thanks very much for checking this out, camsr. I hope the last 16 minutes lived up to expectations :wink:

Late....but not to late..................
:clap: :clap: :clap:

wow, there goes almost 18 minutes of my life i'll never get back! but i don't care because
that was one bad ass head trip! those arps! those sweet modular V2 arps!
i almost missed hearing this one. thanks to that last poster that dug it up.
it just kept building and building....H&H...haunting and huge. brilliant work, Tim :clap:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Beautiful sounds and beautifully composed.
I cannot really put my finger on it. Is it scary or kinda nice? Like landing on an alien planet, and you don't know if it is save, but the view is stunning!

I like how every instrument gets it's own space to be expressive.

M.Brösel wrote:Late....but not to late..................
:clap: :clap: :clap:
It's never too late. That's why I'm still awake at 3AM :wink:

Thanks very much for listening, M. Glad you enjoyed it :)

layzer wrote:wow, there goes almost 18 minutes of my life i'll never get back! but i don't care because
that was one bad ass head trip! those arps! those sweet modular V2 arps!
i almost missed hearing this one. thanks to that last poster that dug it up.
it just kept building and building....H&H...haunting and huge. brilliant work, Tim :clap:
Thanks very much for taking the time to listen and comment, layzer. Glad you felt that the time was not wasted :D

ModularV2 is a great synth, and one that I need to spend some more time with. It may have to wait for a while. I have 3 tracks in various states of progress and a few remixes to do in the near future. Let's see how that goes.

That was pretty awesome. I especially like at about the 12 min mark when the choral sounds come in. Are those sounds sampled from a Mellotron? They totally have that 70s movie vibe to them.

Delightful.

8)

Return to “Music Cafe”