Do you donate for free patches which works for you ?

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sound design is heavy duty :):):) Probably the worthless job in the universe :)but still some of us do it - i start with Firebird as hobby of a poor man but then the process and the results makes me feel good and now i can't stop ...even bought Synthmaster to try myself in heavyweight :):) :)My question is if/when you find really useful,free patches in the sea of so many are you going to donate something ...and Why ?

nobody ... seriously ?

It depends. I donated in the past for a few freebies and banks, when I was working and earning from music. Now that it's just a hobby I don't do it anymore. I buy commercial stuff tho.
Anechoic Chamber Screaming :o

VilianTroy wrote:Sound design is heavy duty :):):) Probably the worthless job in the universe :)but still some of us do it - i start with Firebird as hobby of a poor man but then the process and the results makes me feel good and now i can't stop ...even bought Synthmaster to try myself in heavyweight :):) :)My question is if/when you find really useful,free patches in the sea of so many are you going to donate something ...and Why ?
The way i see it, if people want to make a living, or get some money for what they do, they shall ask for it. I always saw donations rather on a base of "hey, if you like my stuff, buy me a beer or something, bro". I do see that there are costs for webspace, and setting up download options, and all that, but frankly, if someone asks for a donation, then he can't expect EVERYONE to donate for what he did. I donated for BlueArp 2 times, because i like the project, and i think the guy is doing an amazing job there, but haven't donated much for anything else, once for a project for a Android - PC file exchange software. I can only say, if you feel like charging for your software, do so, but don't expect everyone to donate if you choose that path. The internet is no charity organisation.

Return to “Soundware”