Opinion on our latest music video,

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone,

First thing first, I hope I am posting in the right section.

We are a Belgo - American pop duo and we wanted to ask opinions on our latest original song and video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6BaLNIWVYQ

Please feel free to let us know what you think, we're interested on people's feelings about both music and video, in order to always get better.

Cheers,

Yannick & Steffi

Hi guys,

Here is an even newer video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggbyLqIeVD0

We worked on it a lot, it is all home made, from A (song idea) to Z (final video editing).

Let us know what you think!

well...tbh...this style of music does nothing for me personally, so i wont comment on the music bit. the videos? well...they are videos. if you need a video so you have something to put on youtube...these will do the job. for me though they come across exactly like what they are...home made videos. i particularly dislike the text in the beginning...it looks like a corporate presentation using stock effects.

i understand that videos are difficult to make and expensive to have made for you. my advice would be...if you have to make it on a low/no budget...emphasize that aspect instead of trying to hide it.

these videos look like youre trying to make a professional looking video...but cant because youre not professional videographers. i would suggest going the other way and make them look low budget. as it stands...the high resolution and precise camera shots are working against you as they highlight the fact that these are home made videos.

if it were me...id have used various grains and lighting, and hand held (shaky) shots.

as for the content of the videos...im not sure what to say, i get the feeling you didnt really know what to shoot...so you decided on just standing/lying there. there doesnt feel like theres a whole lot these videos are trying to say as videos...just that you wanted to make some videos because you feel like you need them. theres nothing particulary "wrong" with them, but there isnt much going on. they dont enhance the music in any appreciable way.

these are all nothing more than my own personal opinions and they dont mean anything at all. if you are happy with them and they came out how you envisioned them...thats all that really matters.
ImageImageImage

i'm pretty much in the same boat with Chaos on the style....
this would prob interest today's average teen chick.
i think a full out drums, screaming guitars added at 1:57 would have added some peak/explosive element to it.
the mix sounded good to me.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Ok, thank you guys for the constructive comments!

Oh yeah, Yannick + Steffi,

amazing good song! Slow developing verses,
culminating in tension ... good guitar solo.
Also the vocal work is excellent, indeed.
The melody in the chorus has a hook
character, so it stays in the ear. Can't
be done better. :tu:

The video is not as overwhelming as
the song IMO, but it's ok. :D
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

I think chaosWyrM is on point about the videos.

I would suggest shooting in several outdoor locations which would be more interesting than staying in an empty room with white walls for the entire video.

If you are going to stay indoors, I think you need to be more creative with lighting and how you frame your shots. There is one great shot in "Like I Want It" @ 2:37 which is wonderfully lit. You should be aiming for more shots like that for indoor videos.

Alright, thank you guys for the useful comments/critics!

Hey guys!

It's been a year since I was here and we took your opinions into consideration.

Musically, visually and even in terms of the duo's name : we worked on it all.

Here is the second video of the rebooted projet : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHZCH_Y-onA

We wanted to cover that classic French song (I - the guitar player - personally, am Belgian, it only made sense to cover that song with an American singer :-) ) our own way and... I hope you like it!

I think it's gonna be a lot of love/hate because it's a classic and... we really changed it :) and you opinions really matter, as friends/family are biased and Youtube viewers usually don't leave comments.

Thanks in advance :-)

Yannick

Return to “Music Cafe”