PPG Phonem (Advanced Vocal Synthesizer) official released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Phonemklatura for Phonem PPG Phonem

Sampleconstruct wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Version 1.02 has been released, thank's for all the improvements, Wolfgang!
What sort of improvements?
Mentioned a few posts back, massive CPU reduction, LFO sync-final fix.
oh, yes... I just read up! :-)

and I just installed 1.0.2... off to give it a try

The almost microscopic rectangle where import bundle is could be much bigger, took me ages to find it, there should just be one dropdown for import export functions.

I finally managed to save a program. Not only the resource. And I do have a faint idea how I managed to do it.

I still find it needlessly complicated: choose and active bank, rename the program, save resource just for in case (in my folder, not the User folder) then save the program, go to browse and copy it from the active soundbank to the chosen one (I did create two, and 'experiments one and a keepers one) if not it's gone, and then, when reloading Phonem, activate the keepers and copy from keeprs to experiments so it can once again be accessed from there.

Perhaps, if possible, this can be still simplified in the future with a more classical menu with a save item with two subitems:

save program to
save resource to

Other items could perhaps be: open, import, export,...

---------------------------------------------------

I would also love a Ctrl+Z to undo the last step(s), not only back to last saved.

================================

Apart from that: very inspiring sounds indeed. Lots to learn. Sounds like the nasal sound of a cello, some flutes like the duduk... so much more than only human voices.
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

Far too complicated, Erik, just save a DAW project with Phonem and your experiments, the next time you open the project, everything will be there but the Bank active will be a temporary host bank, you can copy everything from there to keepers.

Indeed, yes. Of course. That was made clear in 101...
I love dissonants but sometimes I seem to have too much of them in my head.
Apart from that everything seems to work just fine.

Good work. Thanks Wolfgang Palm, team and beta team!

i just bought it yesterday and this synth is amazing,
not only for vocals or pads, the string/pluck can sound so authentic, i just discover it, a learning curve seams to be obligatory but i really enjoy traveling into all this possibility
a really great purchase !

can you convert & import some wavetables made in audioterm?
the format wts in not the phonem format,wtz....
if someone know more about it
cheers

ok, i must read the help sometimes : import a wts resource !

A little morning jam with 2 Phonems:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9AgYw2XXKk

Hello Simon,

Not an easy question to ask as I can imagine you are quite busy, but: do you have plans for a next part of that Phonem tutorial?

ErikH wrote:Hello Simon,

Not an easy question to ask as I can imagine you are quite busy, but: do you have plans for a next part of that Phonem tutorial?
It's on the todo-list, I just need to focus on some other things first, but within the next week I should find some time for it.

Thanks. Just take your time. You're a busy bee and very enthusiastic but avoid overloads that lead to burn-outs!
Eventually, you could make certain tutorials also on a subscription base.That way you also get something for what you share. I mean: you share your knowledge, but you do invest life-time and help others to have to invest less of theirs.

ErikH wrote:Thanks. Just take your time. You're a busy bee and very enthusiastic but avoid overloads that lead to burn-outs!
Eventually, you could make certain tutorials also on a subscription base.That way you also get something for what you share. I mean: you share your knowledge, but you do invest life-time and help others to have to invest less of theirs.
[/thread]
[off topic]
Yeah, it's been burning out a little lately, but a few days of cooking everything down helps. I have been refusing to make a business out of the whole tutorial thing (and/or taking up a teaching job at a university), that would mean more marketing, more obligations, less time for sound and music and life (what was that again?) But who knows what the future will bring.
[/off topic]
[thread]

https://soundcloud.com/markus-stadelman ... g-palm-ppg

"Auf der Haid" is a short demo track with the new VSTi "PPG Phonem" by Wolfgang Palm.
The NEW soundbank is coming very soon.
All the sounds and all FX are from Phonem itself, even the distorted E-Guitar. ;-)

Any comments are welcome. Enjoy it.
Regards, Smark

PPG PHONEM (c) by WOLFGANG PALM, PPG, Germany. http://www.wolfgangpalm.com

btw. sorry, for double posting.
PC, Int. i7-2700K @3.5GHz, RAM 16GB - W7-64 - Cubase 8.5-64 // NB, Int. P8600 @2.4GHz, RAM 4GB - W7-32 - Cubase 5.1.1-32

Double posting? I see none. But I did listen twice.
I like this a lot. The sounds are great and the general atmosphere reminds me Spring is coming.
Thanks for posting!

Return to “Instruments”