IK Multimedia announced Miroslav Philharmonik 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Gonga wrote: Sorry, I obtained it through a license transfer, which was so long ago I had forgotten. So because I purchased the license second-hand, I am not eligible for the upgrade.
I don't think that is the case, you may want to check with support directly.
Thanks Peter but I already did and the tech said "A review of your account shows that your Miroslav 1 registration was obtained via a License Transfer, which is not seen as a qualifying product towards the Upgrade. Rather instead, you do qualify for the Crossgrade option starting at $299.99 for the download version."
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

It's $299 now anyway for the upgrade isn't it?
That's what I'm seeing anyway.

Hi,

I made a midi mock-up. Except for the cow bell in Sampletank 3, All was done by Miroslav Philharmonik 2.
Hope it helps you find what MP2 sounds like. :)

https://soundcloud.com/naoki-ohmori/dra ... harmonik-2

Naoki Ohmori wrote:Hi,

I made a midi mock-up. Except for the cow bell in Sampletank 3, All was done by Miroslav Philharmonik 2.
Hope it helps you find what MP2 sounds like. :)

https://soundcloud.com/naoki-ohmori/dra ... harmonik-2
Thanks for sharing!

We've also added some more audio demos ourselves, this one from composer Hetoreyn which I like a bit:
https://soundcloud.com/ikmultimedia/sca ... /miroslav2

The rest of the new ones are in the Miroslav Philharmonik 2 main playlist at https://soundcloud.com/ikmultimedia/sets/miroslav2

Sounding quite nice. Saw that NAMM demo with Jordan Rudess. Mighty fine.

Fleer wrote:Sounding quite nice. Saw that NAMM demo with Jordan Rudess. Mighty fine.
Thanks! We'll have the full demonstration video up on the IK YouTube channel soon.

Some of these new demos sound especially nice. It's too bad that you did not have these available earlier, but it's good that you have them now. I like what I've heard from MP2 so far. Nice job overall from IK. I'm glad to have this in my toolkit and in a form that is more efficient on current computers. I'm glad that the concept was updated and not left to languish. :)

Needs an update

Sequent wrote:I'm glad that the concept was updated and not left to languish. :)
True, I'm happy to see the renaissance of that iconic Miroslav Vitous library. Good work, IK.

Thanks, we uploaded the Jordan Rudess demonstration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwo04yDBhjQ

:tu:

I bought Sampletank 3 and Philharmonik 2.. While their products sound decent.. Their tech support is HORRIBLE..

Ikmultimedia has offices all over the world.. Yet there is no phone tech support.. You have to fill a support ticket.. You don't even get an email address to respond too.

I have an issue where both apps, keep losing track of where their sound data folders are. I have to repoint the data folder browser, and rescan data every time I boot the computer up..

So I filed a full easy to read 'support ticket' with a description of what is NOT happening filling in all their windows .. I receive a email directing to their website to read their response.. They said there are a few reasons, this might happen, and I should file a new support ticket and they closed the case..

I re-open the ticket with additional information.. Next I miss a phone call from a 'Dana', saying he knows the solution.. and I should send them my email address (which they already have) . I send my email by replying to 'Dana'.. been a day but no response..

Then I get another email, saying 'Paul' is working on my problem, and the case has been closed again..
Now it's five days, and I have to rescan both plug-ins to use my $600 worth of software..

I bought Sampletank about a year ago.. My MacPro died in October, I bought a new mac.. Went to Ikmultimedia and wanted to download the app and data again.. At first they refused, and wanted me to pay $175 fee, (since six months had gone by) to download the app and data.. I argued with them.. they begrudgingly gave me a link to redownload the app and data. (every other software company in the world gives you a link to re-download their app and data no problem)..

I own several of their products.. (ARC, T-racks, a library).. I registered them all one weekend.. Went thru the procedure, got green acknowledgement circles, they were registered.. Then the following week, nothing was registered..

They put all their effort into pushing their 'Custom Shop'.. Where you can spend a ton of money on more libraries. But once they get your money, they are EXTREMELY lame..

I regret I bought their software, and will not purchase anything else from them.. It's just too much hassle to get tech support..

angelonyc wrote: I own several of their products.. (ARC, T-racks, a library).. I registered them all one weekend.. Went thru the procedure, got green acknowledgement circles, they were registered.. Then the following week, nothing was registered.
and for me this was the moment i said "bye bye" to my ikm stuff.

dp
Last edited by bronxsound on Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

@angelonyc - Sorry to hear that you had some issues. You are correct that IK, like many similar companies, does not have incoming phone support. However, they will get on the phone if that is necessary but in most cases issues are resolved efficiently via the ticket system that is in place. One thing that I know is confusing (and has been relayed to management) is tickets being marked "closed" when support replies. I assure you this does not mean your ticket is not being worked on, it is a quirk of the system and the benefit on their end is that it allows them to better keep track of the tickets that are assigned to them.

Speaking to that last point, the person helping you is well aware of your tickets and keeping track of them - and has replied to two tickets and is awaiting your response. Please follow the suggested steps and reply to Paul and I'm sure your issue can be resolved.

Also, I'm sorry that your sound library downloads expired but note that it never costs $175 even if you have every sound library we make. Sound reactivation is a 9.99 and will give access to all sound library downloads that you have registered to your account. If you have extenuating circumstances where you also lost back ups or something like that, support has been known to be very helpful in those cases too. If you did not back up your sound libraries as suggested in the emails and such that IK provides with digital download purchases, that would likely be a case where the nominal fee for a sound reactivation credit is required.

Please note that your application installers are always available in your IK User Area. I will have the Support Manager investigate the high dollar figure you stated above and your statement that it was for "app and sounds" as that is not the way it is set up in our system.

Edit - In review of your tickets, I find no request for any money to download anything, and on that topic the tickets have replies from support that point you to the correct spot in your IK User Area with no reply back (one would assume you found them there, installed them and didn't return to the ticket). This makes sense since you still had plenty of time remaining when your Mac Pro crashed and you opened tickets about that, as you had purchased ST3 around 3.5 months prior to that happening. I'm sure support can clear up any other questions you have or track down any further information but it doesn't appear there was any request for any fee at that time by IK's support staff.

Return to “Instruments”