Question about sharing User created UVI multis

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Are we allowed to share them? I'm currently working with Synthox. It may be a few months, but I'd share them when I'm done. I would love to find other people doing the same, but with UVI I'm not finding anything out there in the ether. My major question is if the sounds are saved with the multi package. If that's the case then I can guess that's why there are no multis being shared. If so, it's seems like poor planning. - thanks

I contacted UVI support. I'll update here if no one really knows the answer before they reply.

You should be able to share them. They're just text data basically, one has to own the library/libraries in question to open the multi correctly.

I think you're right EvilDragon. The multi files are too small to hold the samples, now that I really look at them. I have time to wait for the official word, as I'm at about 25 patches so far (mainly overdriven style keys and organ based presets). I'll weed those out after I explore other types of presets. But eventually I'll post something for Synthox along with something Synth Magic and/or Cl Projects. Which are my favorite 3 makers to explore right now.

Ok, So I got my response back. What he says he likes is the idea of user presets being shared :) ( I believe)

Mark Hamilton (UVI Support)

Feb 10, 00:47
Hi Spacekid,

Thanks for reaching us.

Good suggestion ;-) but the Multi does not include samples, there are linked to the UFS library files (if they are indexed in Preferences of course. This means sharing users will have to both own the same libraries and licenses.

Hope this answers your question.

Enjoy your music and please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

All the best from UVI,
Support Team

So bascially tweakers could also sell their patches/multipatches as sound banks?

I mean what is the difference between selling a patch set for Massive, or one for Digital Synsations ?

In both cases the users will need to have the product in order to be able to use it.

I guess you could sell them Numanoid. I was just going to put them up on the product page, once I'm happy with what I have. I find it odd that in all of internet land you can't find two people that have put up multis as patches(I found one).

I got no plans to sell patches.

But I find it kind of weird that nobody has tried to do it before. UVI could make even more money if they sold patch expansions for their products.

Would be a way to keep up interest in a product, release a product, six months later release a patch expansion

Pace/iLok.com: third-party access and use of a Music software program, your own program you buy and own? No information about the history of Pace/iLok.com? Take such idiocy higher, as if you could: suggest all proceeds from every musical performance goes to the manufacturers of the musical instruments! I would say, don't quote me, although you can quote me if you would feel better, International Federal Actions are already being taken against iLok.com, fully including all others doing business through iLok.com such as East West selling infected and empty sound library folders through Soundsonline.com/ComposerCloud AND no full activation, registration, and licensure of Soundsonline.com/ComposerCloud sound libraries, programs. Hello, UVI! Say hello to "Nick Phoenix" of France with East West/Soundsonline.com... at least temporarily!

There are many soundbanks for Falcon already. I happen to have Simon Stockhausen - Patchpool's Falcon Air, Bassflute and Lute.
And there are several other ones.

Thing is that you cannot technically include the .ufs UVI soundbanks - if you refer to them, you will have to make shure the other party/buyer also has that same soundbank ; and also: if you include wav files, wavetables and images, they have of course to be yours to give/sell.
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”