Virus TI & Maschine (& USB hubs)...talk to me.

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not this.

This one

it doesn't specifically say that it is MTT. But amoung the customer's reports on our local site someone said that it works perfectly with Virus TI unlike the other habs this guy has tried. It's cheap so I can just buy and try it.

The Belkin hubs that are recommended at virus.info are not sold where I live.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

The one I suggested a few posts ago is MTT and isn't much more expensive.

aMUSEd wrote:The one I suggested a few posts ago is MTT and isn't much more expensive.
Thsis one?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Manhattan-7-Por ... =computers

They aren't sold here, but I guess I may oder from Amazon, thanks.

Yep - works for me.

I use two different MTT hubs without issue, as listed in this thread I created on Access's forum:
http://www.virus.info/forum/index.php/T ... d-USB-hub/

a constant drone/buzz - if its only thru the usb audio, sounds like it is driver or host related.
... given the intermittent loss of audio, driver sounds most likely.
(you could possibly test this by trying to use the TI as an audio card... outside a daw)

do you get it in other daws/hosts? (preferably a support one!) if you do, then its probably worth walking through the issue with Access via email, as there are lots of tests, and variables that would need to be explored... and lots of info needed (OSX version , Virus OS version, etc)

also if you search Access forum, you will find lot of threads on troubleshooting.

Found this one sold near me. AX88760 -- USB 2.0 MTT Hub and USB 2.0 to Ethernet Combo Controller

http://www.asix.com.tw/products.php?op= ... 103;71;108

Should work as a USB MTT hub for Virus, shouldn't it?

EDIT: it appepars that they don't sell it. Maybe I should just try a PCI-USB card. Still not sure if my speficic problems are USB-related.

Phase47 wrote:
db3 wrote:Arse...spoke too soon. Still getting intermittent USB audio failure. Either sounds drops or a get a constant buzz/drone. Have to restart virus to fix. Can't put my finger on it but probably something to do with the USB bus. Very frustrating because it sounds so good when it works.

Tempted to try an Elektron Overhub with it's MTT tech.
If you try Overhub, please report back. I'm in the same boat. Good luck!
Got an Overhub, works fine. Just doesn't resolve my problem of the snow randomly freezing with continuous buzzing/audio cut out. I'm starting to think there might be something wrong with the unit.

*edit* Seems to be a faulty unit...cuts out/freezes when used as standalone MIDI instrument with USB disconnected.

I've always found it frustrating that any device should need an entire bus on it's own. I have 2 devices that ask for that (Virus TI and MOTU Ultralite) on a macbook pro that only has 2 usb ports. What am I supposed to do?

I've found all sorts of ridiculous problems with USB.

Eg some devices only work on USB2 ports (even though USB3 is supposed to be backwards compatible). This includes Cubase Dongle.

Some devices want a port to themselves.

Some external Seagate harddrives only work with UNPOWERED hubs (not powered)

I also read somewhere today that on some macbook pros, the LEFT side usb port categorically should not be used for audio!

Why is it so painful?

Did you end up trying a MTT hub or a Thunderbolt to USB adapter? Any luck?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”