DDLY Dynamic Delay by iZotope

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

3ee wrote:it's a cool plug... !

found a bug: pitch transpose not really calibrated accurately... you need to set it @ about 8st to get a 5th
Yeah, I was wondering if this was done on purpose...! Still, in an ocean of delay plugins, this is quite unique. And it looks like Izotope are looking to polish their rep, which can only be a good thing. Really great of them to release this for free.

Love the UI's digital retro look.

The GUI is quite horrible though. Very painful to watch.
No signature here!

rustman wrote:Sweetness. Looking forward to downing this.

Just a note: You can get this free directly from Izotope. Don't let some online vendor make you buy something in order to get it. That's a dirty trick that I saw one of them pulling in todays batch of email ads.
Yeah, just got an Audio Deluxe email. iZotope DDLY free with any purchase! etc

That's a bit sneaky if you ask me. Audio Deluxe are still decent though.

MogwaiBoy wrote:
rustman wrote:Sweetness. Looking forward to downing this.

Just a note: You can get this free directly from Izotope. Don't let some online vendor make you buy something in order to get it. That's a dirty trick that I saw one of them pulling in todays batch of email ads.
Yeah, just got an Audio Deluxe email. iZotope DDLY free with any purchase! etc

That's a bit sneaky if you ask me. Audio Deluxe are still decent though.
Yeah, I've done business with them a number of times lately. They seem to have a fairly quick turn around time for serial numbers.

Just installed this thing. I'm almost thinking that they are going to have the paid version actually light up. I have no complaints, but to me, the UI looks like it's not turned on. :phones:
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

rustman wrote: Yeah, I've done business with them a number of times lately. They seem to have a fairly quick turn around time for serial numbers.

Just installed this thing. I'm almost thinking that they are going to have the paid version actually light up. I have no complaints, but to me, the UI looks like it's not turned on. :phones:
I think you might be onto something. It could also explain the lack of preset management - saving it for the retail version. Probably a good tactic.

MogwaiBoy wrote:I think you might be onto something. It could also explain the lack of preset management - saving it for the retail version. Probably a good tactic.
Isn't this the complete product? I think the fact that they included downloadable patch sheets and the example settings at the end of the manual point to them not intending to add a preset manager to this.

The philosophy behind it appears to be to just tweak and have fun. :)

If you read the blurbs, you'll find that this plugin is the result of some R&D offshoots... that some at Izotope found interesting and useful enough to release.

From the manual:
"The DDLY Dynamic Delay processor is the result of some inspired extracurricular experiments. The iZotope Team became so passionate about using this new approach to delay in our own music productions and mixes, that we brought DDLY out of the shadows and into the prime time. We hope you enjoy using the DDLY Dynamic Delay processor on your next project!"

Terrible UI, sounds OK, would not pay money for this though.
Duh

Sounds nice! I'm enjoying the granular delays, mainly because I've never used one before.

Nice addition to the tool set!

Dakkra
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

There seems to be no middle ground on the UI!

Again, I absolutely love the UI.

I don't think there's any need for presets on this one.

So much fun. Very cool gift :tu:

When authorizing I am asked if I want to add it to my iLok account

I choose not to do that, but does that mean I can't use the license on another computer later, if I want to do that?

Horrible GUI, like some dusty old computer screen. That is a fun joke for a minute, but for usage makes it difficult to read the controls :help:

It sounds great, thanks Izotope. Now the GUI though, can we start a petition for a de-fog version, or option? other than that, It seems a slight bit above avg. as far as the resources it requires. But I'm not sure as I simply added it to a pretty full track to try it out. I ended up just taking away 2 other plugins to get rid of the resulting pops. So again, I'm not to sure about it's cpu requirements (I would test it but I always forget where the cpu meter is in Reaper..lol). But again, please with the GUI. It reminds me of the Beast package from UVI..only foggy.

To save CPU the Reactive Meters can be turned off

While I understand the thoughts about the gui (I shared them, originally), I found that after a while I was having too much fun to notice

Return to “Effects”