Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AudioDeluxe is 'giving it away' with a purchase 8)
(not trying to be snarky I love and use both AudioDeluxe and JRR)

In other news one month till it stops being paid = one month one day until it starts appearing on the marketplace. Maybe I will make use of that multiple ordering feature at JRR, order 5000 licenses and hand them out to anyone that missed it :D

jezjez wrote:AudioDeluxe is 'giving it away' with a purchase 8)
(not trying to be snarky I love and use both AudioDeluxe and JRR)

In other news one month till it stops being paid = one month one day until it starts appearing on the marketplace. Maybe I will make use of that multiple ordering feature at JRR, order 5000 licenses and hand them out to anyone that missed it :D
*nod* *groan*

It makes me wish that all free plugins were "Not For Resale" - as they should damn well be. I'm so tired of Waves Trueverbs in the Marketplace, man!

degas666 wrote:So when you buy Sonarworks Headphone plugin from JRR, you will now get one extra license (two in total)?
Yes, correct.

murnau wrote:Just got it from JRR as i was anyway there. Going to iZotope site would be an extra step I don't need. Thank you Eric.
... except, to download the actual plugin, you'll have to go there anyway.

VitaminD wrote:Yet you have to admit it is a plug to get people to use your site.

But people don't need to use your site to get this offer.. they can go straight to the iZotope site and pick up the same plugin for free.
Yes, you're right.
Last edited by Uncle E on Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jezjez wrote:In other news one month till it stops being paid = one month one day until it starts appearing on the marketplace. Maybe I will make use of that multiple ordering feature at JRR, order 5000 licenses and hand them out to anyone that missed it :D
My understanding is the license needs to be registered by a certain date or it will be blocked out. It won't be exactly on March 10 but there will only be a short grace period after.
Last edited by Uncle E on Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ariston wrote:
murnau wrote:Just got it from JRR as i was anyway there. Going to iZotope site would be an extra step I don't need. Thank you Eric.
... except, to download the actual plugin, you'll have to go there anyway.
I will download it when I visit my account anyway in a few weeks maybe. Still no extra step for me.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Uncle E wrote:
VitaminD wrote:Yet you have to admit it is a plug to get people to use your site.
But people don't need to use your site to get this offer.. they can go straight to the iZotope site and pick up the same plugin for free.
Yes, you're right. The only significant reason to get it from us instead of iZotope is for multiple licenses and even that might also be available from them.
As I read it, it doesn't seem so.
Izotope Website wrote:Get DDLY Dynamic Delay from February 9, 2016 through March 10, 2016 and you will receive a full license of DDLY Dynamic Delay for free. After March 10, 2016, DDLY Dynamic Delay will be available at the regular price of $49 USD. Limit one per customer. Not transferrable.
https://www.izotope.com/en/products/eff ... mic-delay/

And I just got the email from AudioDeluxe for the same thing, but they require it be added to a purchase and with an applied code (so not nearly as free as JRRshop or Izotope is offering.)
Why the rush for multiple licenses anyway? I can see why someone ends up with multiple 'free with purchase' UVI licenses, but to simply jump on a bandwagon grabbing as many as one can seems to be obsessive and a bit greedy. Especially if we then see them suddenly blasting the secondhand market for a profit.
What I'm wondering is, if these last two Izotope 'freebies' are just a jump to a new product version coming around the corner? Vinyl2 and DDLY2 or some other 'advanced' product to be added to their line up? FWIW, I'm simply getting the one and thanking them for it. If I wind up with two as some 'free with purchase' I will also simply give it away with something I have listed or even by itself in the secondhand market. Otherwise profiteering just leaves me with a bad feeling towards anyone doing it (including myself).
Thanks JRR for being clear and transparent on this.

It kind of makes up for the charity antics.

Vinyl is free because it's just a 64-but version of the original free product. DDLY will become a full commercial product and unregistered licenses will get disabled so they can't be resold.
Last edited by Uncle E on Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Users can add 2GB to their Google Drive cloud storage (15GB + 2GB = 17GB):
http://sharewareonsale.com/s/google-dri ... oupon-sale

I did it earlier today, seems that 2GB is given in return for updating information at Google Drive

Uncle E wrote: (iZotope) are planning to announce a bunch of lower priced, individual plugins this year, including something next week that won't be free but will be an amazing value and very cool.
Now you got me interested :)

Uncle E wrote:
degas666 wrote:So when you buy Sonarworks Headphone plugin from JRR, you will now get one extra license (two in total)?
Yes, correct.
Is the Headphone license automatically added to the order or do we have to add instance of the Headphone license before checkout? or..?

Numanoid wrote:
Gribs wrote:Is it based on multi-samples, or is every sound based on just one sample stretched across the entire keyboard?
It is multi samples

There are 200 sounds to choose from, these sounds are provided in 1663 wav files in the sample folder, so on average each sound consist of 8 or 9 samples

There is only one NKI, but inside that there are two banks both containing easy access to the 200 sounds, so to mix, meld, crossfade and morph is quite easy, and the variation wheel adds even more possibilities for sound mangling :love:
Thanks for the info!
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Uncle E wrote:unregistered licenses will get disabled so they can't be resold.
That is great news.

I'm sure people create multiple dummy accounts with Waves/Native Instruments just so they can re-sell their Xmas giveaways.

Making giveaways Not For Resale solves this. If you don't like it, just uninstall it. Making profit off a freebie just doesn't sit right with me.

Or audiodeluxe requiring a purchase... I buy from them occasionally, just to mix it up a little.

AD: You're sidelined... second thought, hit the showers!
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”