Another music icon falls, Maurice White.

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maurice_White
I`m not exactly the most soulful guy you`ll ever meet but I was pulled into the great music of Earth Wind and Fire back in the `70s.
The next closest I got was Herbie Hancock.(Headhunters)
When I heard the LP "I Am" I was hooked.
During those yrs I was heavily into rock, electronic, experimental and jazz...and strangely enough there was still room for Maurice White. Talk about a real ability to write excellent cross-over music. He was much appreciated by me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z2xClu ... 7JYTvnnWIN
Last edited by annode on Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

That one hurts, too. I saw EWF live a couple of times. Unbelievably great show. Amazing musicians and great visuals. Uplifting and soulful.

ravasb wrote:That one hurts, too. I saw EWF live a couple of times. Unbelievably great show. Amazing musicians and great visuals. Uplifting and soulful.
I can`t agree more to that. I saw them twice and had your same experience.
Is it me or does it seem ironic that Maurice White suffered from and ultimately died from a movement (motor) disease? :o

R.I.P Maurice White. A true music icon. :(

I have been influenced by many artists over the years. However there are a few that did the lion's share of the lifting early on. Earth, Wind & Fire was one of those in that small group that sparked my imagination. I was a fan from the first time I heard them as a child in the mid 70's. I loved the artwork on those album covers and as a small child would sit and imagine what I would want on mine to out do theirs. Even to this day I admire their compositions and dedication to excellence. R.I.P Maurice White

Saw them live two years ago in the south of France, but Maurice White wasn't there already. Very good show nevertheless, with an uberbrass section wow.

Great band, good musicians, great composers. :tu:

Rip Maurice White + I'll still listen to your music for a long long time :love:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

:( :( RIP Maurice White.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Another legend who brought some great music to everyone has passed. A bitter way to go, too. EW&F are on my long list of "must listen to" bands - maybe this would be a good time to push them up the list.

RIP Maurice.

When EW&F would come to town, you know you could bring a 1st date to that concert and both be guaranteed a great time at the show and later in the dark. :wink:

cooljazz58 wrote:R.I.P Maurice White. A true music icon. :(
One of the true greats in his genre, timeless material that will live on.

I'm lost for words! I really am! Such an inspiration for all lovers of good music.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”