Ladder/acid/ms20/SVF 0df filters+Smooth Param Auto+Multichannel MIDI+Arp facelift in SynthMaster 2.8

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 2

kv331 wrote:
mabian wrote:Ok, some examples:

the 2.7 bug thread - not seeing much support there - http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 7&start=60

A bug I reported, maybe I'm missing something but I think it's a bug: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8&t=428470

A small FR, never got an answer on this: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8&t=428385

And there are more. I mostly stopped using SM, because I cannot trust it and its support. I prefer using maybe less powerful instruments, but feel better when I know that if I have a problem I can report it and get almost quick answer and even solution (Cockos, One Small Clue, Rayzoon and others).
When I buy a plugin is to use it for getting some noise, not for doing pointless bug hunting and testing.

I don't mean to be harsh, but I'd take a fixed SM 2.7 over a buggy 2.8, any day.

- Mario
Hi Mario,

I just finished implementing new features for SynthMaster. Now that NAMM is over, I'll concentrate on fixing existing bugs so I will take a look at the issues/FRs you reported. v2.8 release date is April 1st week.

Best regards

Bulent
Thank you Bulent, looking forward to it.

- Mario

stillshaded wrote:Another significant bug I've consistently encountered is that whenever I open a saved oscillator preset (wavetable usually), it opens all sine waves and not the waveforms I had saved. This is a big problem IMO because it can be quite time consuming to create a good wavetable set.

Thanks
I thought I fixed it but it still exists... Ok will take a look at it again this week.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Wow nice,

I would love to have an Oberheim like filter in Synthmaster, too :)

Is there a way to download the beta? Cannot find it on the page, Bulent linked here.

Grettings

EDIT: oO, those filters are already inside synth master 2.7.100 :lol:

Hanz Meyzer wrote:EDIT: oO, those filters are already inside synth master 2.7.100 :lol:
That was I was about to say: the download on http://www.synthmaster.com:8080/Downloa ... tabIndex=1 says 2.7, but is in fact *almost* 2.8 :tu:

Thanks, I also love this gui cleanup! Much more simple and logical now. The filter env amount now in env :) Very nice.

What I miss is: for glide, additional control of the glide curve. Maybe just like the control for voices spreading (logarithmic->exponential). Could be a small one over the "N S" buttons.

And polyphonic glide of course :)

Hanz Meyzer wrote:Wow nice,

I believe Oberheim filters are State Variable Filters (SVF type in version 2.8). I have a SEM clone, will compare the SVF filter with it next week!

BTW, I added a Diode Ladder filter as well, and also added an on/off switch named "Acid" for the new filters. If you turn that on, the resonance is coupled to the cutoff frequency (i.e. lower resonance at lower frequencies). This way you can get "Acid" type sounds from all Ladder/DiodeLadder/MS20/SVF filters :tu:

Now I have a couple of fixes planned for next week, and also I will work on the arpeggiator to make it more "user friendly". Especialy regarding entering notes into the sequencer. Right now it's not user friendly at all. I am planning to add directly recording steps from MIDI capability.

So hopefuly, by the end of next week I will release v2.8 Beta, and then our sound designers will start designing new sounds with it. around 100-200 new sounds for v2.8
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:
Hanz Meyzer wrote:Wow nice,

I believe Oberheim filters are State Variable Filters (SVF type in version 2.8). I have a SEM clone, will compare the SVF filter with it next week!

BTW, I added a Diode Ladder filter as well, and also added an on/off switch named "Acid" for the new filters. If you turn that on, the resonance is coupled to the cutoff frequency (i.e. lower resonance at lower frequencies). This way you can get "Acid" type sounds from all Ladder/DiodeLadder/MS20/SVF filters :tu:

Now I have a couple of fixes planned for next week, and also I will work on the arpeggiator to make it more "user friendly". Especialy regarding entering notes into the sequencer. Right now it's not user friendly at all. I am planning to add directly recording steps from MIDI capability.

So hopefuly, by the end of next week I will release v2.8 Beta, and then our sound designers will start designing new sounds with it. around 100-200 new sounds for v2.8
:party: :hyper:

Great news Bulent :)

I just realized I have NOT been using the new file dialog classes in VSTGUI on Windows. That might explain (ahem!) why the save/saveas buttons have been crashing all along... Now testing the new file dialog, let's hope that that work!

Also, I am bringing back STANDALONE version of SynthMaster on Windows, many folks have been asking for a
"standalone" version.
Works at KV331 Audio

n/m
Last edited by EnGee on Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I hope you have success with your new Synthmaster, there are so much gamechanger(Reaktor6, Serum, Dagger, ...) in the plugin market, so you must good as they are or you did not survive. If only new 0df filter may enough? There are many really good plugins with 0df out there, so the GUI and the interaction can change everything.

And with upcoming plugins like Zebra3 you will mess up.

Taurus wrote:I hope you have success with your new Synthmaster, there are so much gamechanger(Reaktor6, Serum, Dagger, ...) in the plugin market, so you must good as they are or you did not survive. If only new 0df filter may enough? There are many really good plugins with 0df out there, so the GUI and the interaction can change everything.

Have you ever considered becoming a motivational speaker?

Yes, I've had a job like that, but I've fired after one day and I don't know why.

:hihi:

Taurus wrote:I hope you have success with your new Synthmaster, there are so much gamechanger(Reaktor6, Serum, Dagger, ...) in the plugin market, so you must good as they are or you did not survive. If only new 0df filter may enough? There are many really good plugins with 0df out there, so the GUI and the interaction can change everything.

Excuse me? Who are you? oh just found the answer: Someone who just joined KVR :roll:
Works at KV331 Audio

Return to “Instruments”