HoRNet Guitar Kit released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Saverio said over on GS that he will add an adjustable low-cut control. Personally, I like it just fine for high-gain stuff, but others have said it's too severe for clean/crunchy stuff. Being adjustable would keep everyone happy.

Having said that, I still put a treble booster in front of it to tighten up the highs even more, but I find myself putting a treble-booster or a tube-screamer in front of just about every amp sim I have because, as we all know, there's nothing worse than flabby strings! Right now, I'm tuned down to drop C# and that can get flabby real fast.

I don't know if GuitarKit needs an EQ in it, it's not hard to add a plugin before or after it. I'd rather Saverio focus on making GK as great as possible without the bells and whistles of EQs, noise gates, delays, reverbs etc which are all easily added via other plugins. I still would love to see more speakers and mics, and the adjustable cabinet size that was mentioned would be nice too.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

Certainly agree about no delay and especially no verb (non-trivial, most people have some already for other reasons, and you might want the same one on multiple sources).

Still, having optimal tone shaping on board is convenient, and also shows the plugin's underlying tone in its best light. Same is true for synths, you could put fx after them, but they typically have at least some on board.

Don't disagree, but I think (and of course, Saverio may disagree, it is his plugin after all!) that this plugin should focus on the amp/cab part of the whole chain rather than become another Amplitube/Revalver that has everything in it. It should be a really great, customisable, amp/cab plugin that allows us to get Marshall/Fender/Mesa tones from it, and everything in between, with a range of cabs that we can build ourselves using the speakers and mics available. Imagine if you could design a oversize Rectifier 4x12 cab, or an Orange 2x12 cab yourself - that would be very cool indeed.

cprompt wrote:... this plugin should focus on the amp/cab part of the whole chain rather than become another Amplitube/Revalver that has everything in it. It should be a really great, customisable, amp/cab plugin that allows us to get Marshall/Fender/Mesa tones from it, and everything in between ... Imagine if you could design a oversize Rectifier 4x12 cab, or an Orange 2x12 cab yourself - that would be very cool indeed.
This is exactly the spirit of the plugin, I like to start simple then add features as the people who use the plugin give suggestions. this is the only way to work for us because we can't spend months in developing new plugins staying away from the news as we don't have the name and momentum big developers has. So we have this strategy of releasing the plugins as soon as they are functional and shows the inner spirit, then add fix and features as the suggestions come. Usually we don't charge for updates unless there is a radical redesign of the plugin so it's like of an investment on your side that help us create the plugin we and you imagined together.

BTW GK already has a quite impressive feature request list :) I'll try to update id as often as possible, hopefully once a month!

Saverio

HoRNet wrote:So we have this strategy of releasing the plugins as soon as they are functional and shows the inner spirit, then add fix and features as the suggestions come. Usually we don't charge for updates unless there is a radical redesign of the plugin so it's like of an investment on your side that help us create the plugin we and you imagined together.

BTW GK already has a quite impressive feature request list :) I'll try to update id as often as possible, hopefully once a month!
I love your attitude and approach Saverio, it's a lot of fun. Also, I'm looking forward to more features in GK, I think it has a lot to offer :)

However, there is a problem with GK (Windows x64 / Reaper). If I load up GK and select a preset (or just change stuff without selecting a preset) I get this:

If I save the project and re-open it, I get this:

So the list of presets have disappeared and also the actual GK settings have reverted to their default too :(

HoRNet wrote:Yes i want to make more pedals, i'll soon open a poll asking which pedal you want modeled!

Saverio
Is HDS-1 supposed to only process Left channel?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:Is HDS-1 supposed to only process Left channel?
It's a mono effect, isn't it?

Saverio, is there any news on the fix whereby GuitarKit does not load its settings reloaded in a project? And the built-in presets are lost also?

cprompt wrote:
All distortion stomps are mono, but what's your point?

Most electric guitars are mono too, stomps go before the input. </CaptainObvious>

electro wrote:
cprompt wrote:
The point is, if it's a mono effect, what do you expect it to process? It's not going to process both channels, is it?

cprompt wrote:
electro wrote:
cprompt wrote:
The point is, if it's a mono effect, what do you expect it to process? It's not going to process both channels, is it?
A centered mono signal is reproduced equally by both your speakers, why wouldn't a mono effect process the signal going to both speakers equally?

cprompt wrote:
electro wrote:
cprompt wrote:
When you insert the Hornet HDD-1 on a stereo channel, does it process only the left channel and leave the right channel dry?

When you insert TSE 808 on a stereo channel, does it process only the left channel and leave the right channel dry?
http://www.tseaudio.com/software/tse808

In my experience they process a mono signal from one channel and output a mono signal on both channels.... This is reaper which doesn't have mono tracks anyway.

cprompt wrote:

Saverio, is there any news on the fix whereby GuitarKit does not load its settings reloaded in a project? And the built-in presets are lost also?
I'm going to release another update to the plugin fixing this issue and adding different options for the input filter, so you can choose between the current one and three emulated filters from signature amps (jcm800, bassman, and dual rect.)
The update should be out by the end of the month.

Saverio

electro wrote: When you insert the Hornet HDD-1 on a stereo channel, does it process only the left channel and leave the right channel dry?
Why would you insert a mono effect on stereo material?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Effects”