Beatport has gone bankrupt

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sad news for the music industry:

http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2016/02/of ... t-is-bust/

I have a sample pack on their sample store. It's sad to see them go. :(

EDIT: Beatpot is likely to remain alive:
As is often the case when companies file for bankruptcy, though, this is unlikely to be the end of the story. We actually think this will be good news for Beatport, as it will allow the company to be taken private, and relieve it from its exposure to the reported $300m debt that its parent company has accrued.
Last edited by SampleScience on Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Errr, if I understood it right, it seems they're not going anywhere, at least not yet, business continues as usual. It's their parent company that ran out of money
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

EDM is to blame :x

BP got aquired by SFX Entertainment two years ago, a conglomerate focusing on EDM properties such as festivals and promoters

I used to check Beatport every so often many years ago just to see what was trending within different genres. Last time I tried was a couple of months ago, but by then they had redesigned the site to the point where I found it extremly frustrating to navigate, and a whole lot of genre sections seemed to be just gone. I imagine they managed to alienate quite a lot of their userbase that way.

Just a small correction - it's not Beatport that went bust, but its mother company.

From Beatports blog

"All Beatport users, customers, and partners should rest assured knowing that this action will have no impact on our ability to continue offering the most complete electronic music experience available. Around here, it’s business as usual.

That means the entire Beatport platform is fully operational without restriction. The store remains open. The streaming service continues uninterrupted. New releases are being added every day. New videos are being scheduled and filmed. Payments to labels and suppliers are ongoing in their usual manner."

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Numanoid wrote:EDM is to blame :x

BP got aquired by SFX Entertainment two years ago, a conglomerate focusing on EDM properties such as festivals and promoters
This might hopefully the other way round - bankrupcy of SFX will result in retreat of commercial EDM trash. If it doesn't sell, they won't promote it.

https://www.facebook.com/goingwundergro ... 956868109/
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

oh here we go, let's use yet another topic to have a dig at edm and lump it as trash. :roll:

Unbelievable.

TheoM wrote:oh here we go, let's use yet another topic to have a dig at edm and lump it as trash. :roll:

Unbelievable.
Really? C'mon ... most commercial edm is trash. I love dance music, but 90% of what I hear is pretty awful (especially the Beatport top 10).

|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”