Reaktor Blocks

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Blocks Blocks Blocks. I hadn't seen any hype about this until I stumbled across someone making custom block modules for it. Turns out, this is exactly the thing I need to get me under the hood in Reaktor.

So in case anyone else was like me, i.e. totally clueless to it, it's like a modular eurorack system, a level of depth somewhere between the builders and the users. I picked up some custom elements - wave folders, bit mixers, sine banks, and it's actually clear to me (someone quite bad at programming) how to use them to make something interesting.

So yeah, Blocks! :party:
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Oh yes, absolutely! I still have to upgrade, but blocks seem just the thing to make me reach for Reaktor again.
I tried to make some ensembles in the past but I couldn't force myself to finish one - just too much of a hassle for me. Blocks make it truly modular, at least for the way I'd like to use Reaktor.
Anyway, can't wait to upgrade, but I may just postpone it until the next Komplete.

They are very good. Tbqh, reaktor isn't that hard at all once you get past the initial confusion, but, the blocks are very high quality/. Things like clock dividers and XY sequencer too, great stuff.

Took me about 3 minutes to build something like a mutronics mutator in it, sounds great too.

It is pretty sweet.... :)
What blocks have done for the user library is also very interesting and great.
ImageImageImageImage

Word on the street is that Blocks is the new Black :D

But seriously, I'm hanging out (just) for a half price on either the Reaktor 6 upgrade or Komplete.
The new Blocks system looks very cool.

HardSinc wrote:They are very good. Tbqh, reaktor isn't that hard at all once you get past the initial confusion, but, the blocks are very high quality/. Things like clock dividers and XY sequencer too, great stuff.

Took me about 3 minutes to build something like a mutronics mutator in it, sounds great too.

Absolutely! Let me say this though, if you start with blocks, and then later you want to build something, looking at blocks may give you the wrong idea about how hard reaktor is to build with. To make them consistent and usable, they are more complicated than a Reaktor ensemble often has to be.

Yes, I'm actually seeking "de blocked blocks" now on another post, blocks converted back to macros :) I can do it myself, but there's always some issue here and there....

Also, seeking a list of tips for adding more than two mod sources. So if anyone reading this thread has either, please share :)

I'm very limited in core, but even that seems so much simpler that it first appeared.

It needs more of the basic info to get people started, I struggled years back with making pitch envelopes from pre built macros, facepalm, it's a laughably simple task a child could do if they were told options on how to do it. Now a days there's a lot of great info about.

HardSinc wrote:Yes, I'm actually seeking "de blocked blocks" now on another post, blocks converted back to macros :) I can do it myself, but there's always some issue here and there....

Also, seeking a list of tips for adding more than two mod sources. So if anyone reading this thread has either, please share :)

I'm very limited in core, but even that seems so much simpler that it first appeared.

It needs more of the basic info to get people started, I struggled years back with making pitch envelopes from pre built macros, facepalm, it's a laughably simple task a child could do if they were told options on how to do it. Now a days there's a lot of great info about.
I'm pretty sure that someone uploaded macro versions of the blocks. I have my own macro versions for the standard blocks, I don't have the wired blocks macro-ized yet. There are also poly-variants in the library.

There are templates in the user Library for blocks with extra mods
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Yeah, I came across them. I'll just reverse engineer them, I just thought the guy who did it may have written a blog post on it or something similar, cheers :)

Has anyone done any modular synths using the Monark oscs & filters?
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote:Has anyone done any modular synths using the Monark oscs & filters?
I'm not sure what you mean, yes, of course. There are a lot of blocks ensembles that use those modules.

ghettosynth wrote:
JerGoertz wrote:Has anyone done any modular synths using the Monark oscs & filters?
I'm not sure what you mean, yes, of course. There are a lot of blocks ensembles that use those modules.
There are some that come with R6 and plenty in the user library. It's so easy to make your own or modify something. I made a crazy thing today with a bunch of Monark blocks and a formant vocal Osc.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Try moog ocsc and filter with west coast LPG as the VCA , amazing sound. Run from a sequencer with the sequencer going to the pluck in, get the sequencer to gate an envelope and put that to a mod in of the LPG, you can use 4 mod as a note sequencer if you use SH, hmmmm, maybe we should start a blocks tips thread..

Cheers, Ghettosynth, I'l have a look in those packs, I did see the polyphonic packs but I try to keep everything I have on computers down to a minimum.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”