Strange behavior.......

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

From not being able to get to the site, to not being able to post, to I posted but it was not inline with the "order" all I can say is WTH?

My last post just got placed two posts above the bottom

I can perhaps top that:

"You cannot make another post so soon after your last"

If it's some new quality contol, so be it, But I promise, I type slower every year, and I've never seen this before!

Same even from another computer...a half hour later
:hyper: 40 words per minute at last! :hyper:

edit: of course :x THIS :x time it worked...
:dog:

The last couple posts I added got inserted at the top of the thread rather than the bottom. Seems to be some serious database glitch related to phpbb keeping track of thread variables (number of posts).

Could be the database itself, php, phpbb (mod features?) or even the system they're running on.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

Some replies are listed in the wrong order:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8&t=455533

I posted my reply there about an hour ago, but it's been timestamped yesterday..
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

I could not even get on the site, let alone post.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Yeah, that's what I was getting. (all of what you are saying)

Oh well, kind of makes it interesting to have a post inserted randomly........will make for some interesting quotes/remarks.

Just dropping by here to see if everything is back in working order.

(Yesterday i couldnt post anything because the forums only response upon clicking submit would be "You cannot make another post so soon after your last".)

EDIT: OK, this one went through. Trying the other forum...

Just what is going on, its happening all the time now, I cant stay logged in long enough to upload stuff
EDIT
Ok Im seem to be logged in alright but Im trying to upload a file to the Banks/Patches area but am just getting the spinning icon , the file is only just over 8 Mb and its been like that for ages, any ideas what my problem is ?
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

What's happened to me 3 times today is that i post something, click the submit button, and the site loads and loads and loads, and nothing happens. And then, when i visit the topic from another link, i see that my reply got posted. Weird.

Don't know if it's related but I'm getting PM notifications to my email about 24 hours late over the last few days. Maybe there's something wrong with the whole site?
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Things are definitely a bit slow, although with so much going on (you really may have no idea how much is happening behind the scenes) KVR seems remarkably stable from my point of view.

I would guess that KVR serves quite large bandwidth numbers page views on a monthly basis. Something like an upgrade to a particular service (databases, server, higher level) or reformatting some of the databases might take quite a long time. For example if you wanted to add some columns to a very large database it might take several days to process.

With certain mass-mailings it might be necessary to throttle the outgoing mail to prevent being blacklisted, and without any QOS sort of system (I'm not aware of any such thing) notifications might end up queued behind a ton of other mail.

The only people who could tell are the ones working on it right now, and I'd bet their focus is likely on trying to figure out what the cause is and how to solve it :) By the time they could tell anyone it would already be solved.

Unless of course we're talking about DDOS or other sorts of issues, or throttling/queues where the issue is known but can't actually be fixed.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

do_androids_dream wrote:Don't know if it's related but I'm getting PM notifications to my email about 24 hours late over the last few days. Maybe there's something wrong with the whole site?
Same here, still getting notifications for posts from yesterday... :)

Return to “Site Stuff”