Thanks for a Great Site!

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I am a member of several Forums,
music, Photoshop health etc.
I visit KVR the most often. By far.

KVR Audio is the most organized
and easiest to get around. Yes it
could be due to familiarity well
in part I am sure it is.

I would not mind when quoting
to be able to select the part to be
quoted and it becomes part of the
reply.

So thanks and keep up the greet
work.

Re quoting, I think it would be enough if the quote button only quoted the post immediately before, not the half dozen replies to replies to replies etc. before that as well. It is a waste of space on the screen and forces people to scroll a lot. And maybe it also is a waste of disk space on the server and bandwidth. The site already feels rather heavy and sluggish...

Kalamata Kid wrote:Hello,

I am a member of several Forums,
music, Photoshop health etc.
I visit KVR the most often. By far.

KVR Audio is the most organized
and easiest to get around. Yes it
could be due to familiarity well
in part I am sure it is.

I would not mind when quoting
to be able to select the part to be
quoted and it becomes part of the
reply.

So thanks and keep up the greet
work.
+1. It is a great site, and i really like the people here, for the most part. :)

fluffy_little_something wrote:Re quoting, I think it would be enough if the quote button only quoted the post immediately before, not the half dozen replies to replies to replies etc. before that as well. It is a waste of space on the screen and forces people to scroll a lot. And maybe it also is a waste of disk space on the server and bandwidth. The site already feels rather heavy and sluggish...
Perhaps the last two quotes should be included and the rest to include the name of the poster and a link to the post? Would that be a good compromise?

In some forums you can select the part of a post that you want to be included in the quote. Here at KVR you have to delete the parts that you want to be excluded from the quote. The former is a lot easier.

chk071 wrote: +1. It is a great site, and i really like the people here, for the most part. :)
For the most part the members are very helpful but occasionally you find some one or two that have bad attitude that want to prove that they are better than everyone else.

Kalamata Kid wrote:For the most part the members are very helpful but occasionally you find some one or two that have bad attitude that want to prove that they are better than everyone else.
Born to be bad 8)

I miss the old KvR where everyone was complaining and saying they miss the old KvR.

aMUSEd wrote:I miss the old KvR where everyone was complaining and saying they miss the old KvR.
Doesn't the new KVR provide the same thing? :)

Kalamata Kid wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Re quoting, I think it would be enough if the quote button only quoted the post immediately before, not the half dozen replies to replies to replies etc. before that as well. It is a waste of space on the screen and forces people to scroll a lot. And maybe it also is a waste of disk space on the server and bandwidth. The site already feels rather heavy and sluggish...
Perhaps the last two quotes should be included and the rest to include the name of the poster and a link to the post? Would that be a good compromise?

In some forums you can select the part of a post that you want to be included in the quote. Here at KVR you have to delete the parts that you want to be excluded from the quote. The former is a lot easier.
Let the forum stress test begin! (and you can quote me on that :-P )

But in seriousness, a link to the quoted post would be nice aswell as other improvements mentioned!

Show only User_X posts in thread might be useful sometimes too.

Return to “Site Stuff”