Mercury 1 TC works for Mac

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey,

I've used this VST (Mercury-1 Tc Works) a lot when I was still playing around with Fruity Loops on my Windows computer.
But now my Windows computer has been broken and I can't find a Mac version anywhere. I Really miss this synth. It had a gritty sound too it and you'll never get that same quality with synths like Massive which sound too clean and TAl- Bassline which sounds too cheesy imo. The synth was from 2004 and You can't buy it anymore so if anyone can Find a mac version anywhere for me I would be soooo happy.

Thanks in regards,
Hamblok

Even if you did find it, I'm pretty sure it was PowerPC only (ie, you wouldn't be able to use it on a modern day Intel Mac).
I think you're better off finding an alternative....

yupe mercury 1 was and is Mac os-9 PowerPC

and not intel compatible

unless you have a intel mac AND a PowerPc Mac and are willing to do some Ethernet network shenanigans

checkout this search engine there is no better search engine thn KVR's engine

every Mac plug out there is in this
http://www.kvraudio.com/q.php
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

Well there is no other option then to return to windows, I really loved that synth and I can't find a worthy competitor.

So that's just a 4 part multitimbral mono subtractive synth. I see it has noise + saturation... That "grittiness" could be no or just bad filters... Maybe some lofi aliasing??? Other than that, some modulated noise and/or drive/saturation to add some subtle harmonic coloration.

I don't see anything else in the specs that would make that symth unique relative to a dozen other modern alternatives. You may have to layer a couple of synth instances to get the multipart layering, and add some quality downstream saturation/distortion...
You need to limit that rez, bro.

[quote="kbaccki"]So that's just a 4 part multitimbral mono subtractive synth. I see it has noise + saturation... That "grittiness" could be no or just bad filters... Maybe some lofi aliasing??? Other than that, some modulated noise and/or drive/saturation to add some subtle harmonic coloration.

I don't see anything else in the specs that would make that symth unique relative to a dozen other modern alternatives. You may have to layer a couple of synth instances to get the multipart layering, and add some quality downstream saturation/distortion...[/quote]

Well could you link some alternatives then?
Except the Tal one because that one sounds really bad imo

[quote="kbaccki"]So that's just a 4 part multitimbral mono subtractive synth. I see it has noise + saturation... That "grittiness" could be no or just bad filters... Maybe some lofi aliasing??? Other than that, some modulated noise and/or drive/saturation to add some subtle harmonic coloration.

I don't see anything else in the specs that would make that symth unique relative to a dozen other modern alternatives. You may have to layer a couple of synth instances to get the multipart layering, and add some quality downstream saturation/distortion...[/quote]

Except the Tal because that one sounds really bad imo

sorry fot the spam my browser didn't refresh properly :s

hambloksem wrote: Except the Tal because that one sounds really bad imo
:hihi:
:dog:
:roll:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Here ya go, Id get some tissues though cos these are gonna blow your mind

http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/uns ... vol_1.html

http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/uns ... vol_2.html
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Return to “Instruments”