Any reason to upgrade from Studio One 2 Producer to Studio One 3 Professional?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Trying to figure this out :neutral:

- Mai Tai synth, new Presence content, convolution reverb, multiband compressor? - I have Komplete 10, Diva, Discovery Pro, Sylenth, Izotope Ozone and Alloy, Valhalla Vintage Verb, so any of these bases are already covered for me.

- Macro contorllers? - I was wery excited when they announced this because I thought that I should be able to link several parameters of different plugins to one knob and then draw an autiomation lane for this knob, but it turned to be not the case, didn't it?

- Patchers/Splitters for instrumenst and effects, MIDI effects? - Well, that's something to think about, maybe. But as for the patcher, there are third party plugins that could replace it, the stuff from Bluecat, Melda?

Am I missing something?

Actually, it seems to be a bad move from Presonus to ditch the Producer version.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

I dunno, the arranger track and scratchpad are also really helpful, and note fx are good, easier than using another simple arp on its own track, and you can easily write the arp to standard midi, and I use the chorder on nearly every instrument track now to rescale the input because I don't know that many scales/keys myself, again, you can do it with a second track and piz midi etc, but I love not having to do that. I can care less about Mai Tai and Presence, it is the workflow stuff that are the important stuff for me.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Rhetorical question?

If you own Producer 2, try the Pro 3 demo. If you see a good reason for you to upgrade, upgrade, if not, don't. :shrug:

There are 2 things you are missing:
1. In the professional version (v2):
Multiband compressor, Groove delay, open Air, the mastering page (Project).

2. In pro version 3:
New good instruments, Mixer resize, Arranger track, scratch pad and many small enhancements like: Notes names in piano roll (very handy in drums), coloured tracks and mixer, scrolling tracks is better ( no accidently scrolling the fields contents).

There are more features and enhancements but the above what is important for me.

I upgraded from v2 prof and I'm so happy with it that I don't use any other host (only Reaper for a quick look or test).

recursive one wrote: - Macro contorllers? - I was wery excited when they announced this because I thought that I should be able to link several parameters of different plugins to one knob and then draw an autiomation lane for this knob, but it turned to be not the case, didn't it?
But you can do that.

One of the biggest things in v3 for electronic music producers are Mult-Instruments, essentially track templates for instruments.

LawrenceF wrote:If you own Producer 2, try the Pro 3 demo. If you see a good reason for you to upgrade, upgrade, if not, don't. :shrug:
This is definitely the best suggestion. Especially since there are various things that (IMHO) have disimproved from V2 to V3, like the stability, the general design and the legibility of fonts. Which is why I believe that, after the giant initial hype had died down, people started selling their version 3 again. You'll find V3 Pro licenses for sale every other day in the Market Place now.

Yes. S1 is one of the products whose demo is always available the same day as it goes on sale so there's really no obvious reason (except for G.A.S. :hihi: ) to just buy it and learn later you maybe made a mistake, maybe feel like you shouldn't have.

With Cubase or some others you sometimes get impatient waiting for a demo release and take a flyer. With S1 it's always there on day one.

Skorpius wrote:
LawrenceF wrote:If you own Producer 2, try the Pro 3 demo. If you see a good reason for you to upgrade, upgrade, if not, don't. :shrug:
This is definitely the best suggestion. Especially since there are various things that (IMHO) have disimproved from V2 to V3, like the stability, the general design and the legibility of fonts. Which is why I believe that, after the giant initial hype had died down, people started selling their version 3 again. You'll find V3 Pro licenses for sale every other day in the Market Place now.
Not the best indication though... it's always like that, impulse buy -> don't like -> market place. Regardless of the quality, happens with most stuff really.

On topic: I've been asking myself that question too. But there hasn't been a special price on upgrades on black friday or cyber monday, and there probably won't be one before christmas either, so it's not really a topic for me anyway. There's not much so far that i miss from S1 2 Producer anyway, so. And i kind of dislike the GUI of v3 too.

I personally much prefer the new GUI. I was never crazy about the light one.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Skorpius wrote:
This is definitely the best suggestion. Especially since there are various things that (IMHO) have disimproved from V2 to V3, like the stability, the general design and the legibility of fonts.
Yes stability is a major problem since the last update, although it's never been the most stable of hosts in my experience.

Q: Any reason to upgrade from Studio One 2 Producer to Studio One 3 Professional?
A: The people at PreSonus need to eat too

well If you're not to keen on moving up to v3 Pro, got v2 Pro for sale :)

Some people have problems with the stability of S1v3, but it is not the rule. For me, it is very stable.
Well, I did a track that has 11 instances of Synthmaster player and Air's Strike with S1 effects (mostly EQ and Compressor). I worked for 7 days, about 2-3 hours a day and it was a very pleasant experience. So, at least I know it works very well with those two instruments (in Win 10).
The only problematic instrument was Harmor, other than that everything is very stable with me :D

braj
it is the workflow stuff that are the important stuff for me
Yeah .... me too :tu:

The GUI in S3 is even better now.

So many ways to work quickly in an organised way.

I can't say I've ever not upgraded my DAW if I've had the chance - not ever

- except when I've jumped ship (Cubase ==> Sonar ===> Studio One)
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”