Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Pro 13

billcarroll wrote:
woodsdenis wrote:https://shop.steinberg.net/c/shop?ID=46056

Its out somewhere in the world !!!!!
Well, the link sure works and it looks like they will take your money. Anyone brave enough to try it yet?
you go first. :)

Let's do: Rock Scissors Paper!

Considering I don't even know whats in it.. and only recently has 8 become stable, I'm not one for starting on a new version w/o knowing a bit more of what I'm facing. :hihi:

Geez...the temptation considering ENGLISH is part of it....
EISH!

I have gambled far more in my life on far less...

Edit- Ok I tried but it would not accept my login, and when I added info it said the account was taken and that I needed to create an account or login...so I tried to login and it would not let me.

ckam03 wrote:
woodsdenis wrote:https://shop.steinberg.net/c/shop?ID=46056

Its out somewhere in the world !!!!!
WHat?!?!?! And only 50?????????
chill mate, it's always 50 for the .5 update, and another 100 from .5 to 1
anyways, what's so "only" about 50 eur? it's 50 eur from f***** cubase 8!

From Steinberg forum:
VST Cloud (?)
- Folders
- Retrologue 2
- MediaBay have received a small makeover.
- Transport as well.
- Retina Ready!
- Punch in/out recording
- Pre/Post-roll

sempondr wrote:From Steinberg forum:
VST Cloud (?)
- Folders
- Retrologue 2
- Transport as well.
- Retina Ready!
- Punch in/out recording
- Pre/Post-roll

Cubase has already had folders, punch recording & pre/post roll for some time now...there's got to be more than that. :neutral: Hoping for elastique v3, actually.
vespesian (sean)

You're in an amazing state - so stay there.

vespesian wrote:.
He probably meant added features.
Meanwhile someone already bought and installed it:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/11514987-post87.html

One major feature that bothers me with Cubase it that overlapping clips do play both clips.
FLS, S1, Sonar and Reaper do.
Yes there is a workaround that does not work properly.

In any case how well does FL Studio 12 work as a VSTi in Cuabse 7.5 or newer?
Can drag and drop wav from one to the other?

link to the post at Steinberg
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtop ... 26&t=88698

seriously now, that's really disappointing, if that's the case.
people are requesting features for years, and they update the transport, pretty up the media bay and transport panel. uh uh

tristan- wrote:link to the post at Steinberg
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtop ... 26&t=88698

seriously now, that's really disappointing, if that's the case.
people are requesting features for years, and they update the transport, pretty up the media bay and transport panel. uh uh
+2, actually - compared to other DAWs Steinberg should learn to address the feature requests of their Cubase customers. Browsing through the Steinberg forum, there are so many feature requests that just have been ignored so far.

Though I have to admit that (in my personal opinion) they seem to have learned to at least address bug reports better then before, I can't shake the feeling that they risk a lot by selling a synth update plus a bell and a whistle as a paid update.

I don't see some interesting improvements or that they implemented some often requested features. Retrologue 2... hmm... Afaik it's a very small update for 50€.

Leslie wrote:Yes you are correct, Cubase 8.5 El Capitan compatible version will be released/announced on the first week of December and it will cost $99 us.
Meantime, Stenberg just announced yet another disaster - all their audio interfaces are NOT El Capitan compatible...
So what we are left with is "project importer" from iOS devices is still compatible, but with what Steinberg app... ?! At this stage - NONE.
Not to worry though, $99 coming soon... ;)
I would've stayed on Yosemite if I could, but the brand new skylake Macs have El Capitan pre-installed. If high-DPI (Retina) support is truly implemented throughout the application (not just the text), then the upgrade might be worth it for me. First things first though... it would be nice if my Steinberg UR audio interface started working properly again. The supposedly compatible newly updated drivers actually exacerbate the audio dropout problems.

I swear, I did try to(!!!) stay away from Steinberg threads and not(!) post anything until I use C8 daily myself and not just at client rigs... however...
vespesian wrote:
sempondr wrote:From Steinberg forum:
VST Cloud (?)
- Folders
- Retrologue 2
- Transport as well.
- Retina Ready!
- Punch in/out recording
- Pre/Post-roll

Cubase has already had folders, punch recording & pre/post roll for some time now...there's got to be more than that. :neutral: Hoping for elastique v3, actually.
Elastique could have been in C7.5 already, since the engine if out for quite a while now IIRC. Punch in/out has been available since Cubase VST times IIRC as well (which was refined around SX3 with "retroactive recording" or however they called it).

But seriously... A new look for the Transport Bar! I mean, this was such a massively needed overhaul! I mean, seriously! It's so much more streamlined now. It's just... I can't describe it in words really... it's groundbreaking and beautiful!

*warning: sarcasm flying really low!*

4damind wrote:I don't see some interesting improvements or that they implemented some often requested features. Retrologue 2... hmm... Afaik it's a very small update for 50€.
At this stage from the "Leaked info's" (from those people that could buy/install it already - a clear hickup from the developer side of things btw - nothing illegal as hinted at with the comment: "Were did you get that version from? Looks interesting!" on the Steinberg boards // I'm surprised that Beta Testers didn't spam all over the place oN Youtube yet), it's just a mere "maintenance update".

C7.0 to C7.5 offered way more, so did the versions before. If this is the "true Cubase 8" (how it was supposed to be shipped End of 2014/Early 2015) - I am more than glad that I spoke with my wallet this time around.

Regarding Cloud VST:
http://www.yamaha.com/about_yamaha/research/cloud-vst/

I don't know what this is supposed to do? Connect to a webserver, let things be "processed" and then being sent back? Is this a revival of FXteleport and VST Connect, only through a cloud server? For a specific fee of course. The text on this page is also highly irritating.

I quote:
Users no longer need to purchase and configure the special equipment and applications that were previously required to create a production environment. Since heavy-duty processing can be left up to the server, users can now carry out high-level production even when working at home computers and portable terminals.
To me this sounds like "well, you don't need new plugins anymore, and Cubase don't need them anymore either - you have an internet connection anyway, so why the effort? Sign up, process your tracks, be happy".

Well, good luck to those with limited ISP traffic or up/down speed. Germany with the "Fair Flatrate" comes to mind.

Sorry - but I think I'll pass on C8.5 as well. All features/releases/announcements combined, the upgrade is still not worth it IMO. And I don't like the current course of the host's development either (neither with Wavelab - I'm still on VST3 bugridden v8!). Also not the sub-comments towards already happened sales (leaked) in the Steinberg boards.

IMO, Steinberg really has to raise the bar to justify another 50bucks instead of giving this away for free or(!) mere 10bucks with a .2 update (like every other host developer would do - except AVID of course).

Though thankfully the competition doesn't sleep - which is really a good thing.

And I could also still "work" back in the day in Cubase 5 VST while others already jumped on SX v1 (with lacking hardware support). Until Steinberg locks us users out from sitting out two versions again. Or third party developers stating "we don't support old host versions anymore" (which is even worse!). But YMMV of course.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

+1 and a lot more on that, Compyfox.

I'd pass on the 8.5 update as well, if there is nothing groundbreaking that anybody missed out.

I mean:

- Retrologue 2, yeah, nice - but for 50 bucks? No, sorry.
- Retina Support? I am a PC user, so thanks for that thought.
- Graphical makeover? And I should pay for that?

There is nothing that would make me go "Shut up and take my money" - not considering all the feature requests that have been ignored by Steinberg so far, and there are PLENTY in the forums which could've been addressed easily, like bezier curves for automations.

We still have to see about their final announcement (which is most probably tomorrow if they keep their current annual schedule), but I have a baaaaad feeling about this one ...

If Steinberg goes on this way in the next few months, I am afraid I bet on the wrong horse with Cubase and REALLY have to have a look at FL and Ableton again.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”