Cakewalk Rapture Pro Announced :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dimension Pro Rapture Rapture Pro

jinotsuh wrote:but I dare not update Z3TA+2 to the latest version as it appears to be a bit of a disaster, and from what I gather requires CCC at least for the authorization, (not 100% sure on that, but from what I read ???)
As they are selling that one on Steam as well, I wonder how users buying it on that platform gets updates?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/241790/

Yeah not sure, I didn't like steam back when I was a gamer, that's a long time ago, I wouldn't use it for music stuff or anything else, even though it may be fine, I just envisage things perhaps being problematic.
Say NO to CLAP!

Well, i installed the demo last night and I have to say the GUI is a huge improvement, i reckon i would find it a lot more pleasant to work with in depth. Although, the inability to use up/down keyboard controls to cycle through presets in the browser seems like a ridiculous oversight.

Installing with CCC was a relatively simple process after i'd changed the locations to something preferable. I didn't like the way CCC wanted to create a c:\\Cakewalk Content directory, so instead moved it to the more obvious location c:\\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Content which it didn't seem to be happy about but since i plan to refresh my system in the new year I'm not too worried about it. One thing though, why not allow install of both 32 and 64 together? I don't need both myself but maybe others would.

It found all my old Rapture sounds and added them apparently without issue although when i try to open some of the old PatchArena presets, it gives a file not found message. Worse still, those same patches are now doing the same thing in Rapture classic (okay, maybe this was already a problem and i never discovered it before but i doubt it). I can probably live with this and lose those sounds since i'll be gaining all the Dimension and new stuff but nevertheless its a little annoying.

So yeah, not perfect but probably an improvement in the ways that i want it to be, i may still wait for the next sale to come along though. I'm in no hurry to grab this update.

Some of the patches verge on the overkill, Atmos Harp is 2.43 GB in size, that is one patch :o

Numanoid wrote:Some of the patches verge on the overkill, Atmos Harp is 2.43 GB in size, that is one patch :o
:o That is crazy! That must be some dense atmosphere!
Must install Rapture soon. Bought the upgrade on release, but haven't come around to install it yet. :dog:

gaf_thit wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Some of the patches verge on the overkill, Atmos Harp is 2.43 GB in size, that is one patch :o
:o That is crazy! That must be some dense atmosphere!
Must install Rapture soon. Bought the upgrade on release, but haven't come around to install it yet. :dog:
The size on that one is mostly taken up by the Concert Grand Harp full mapping... If you switch out the "Concert Grand Harp Light.sfz" it cuts down the size in half.

It's still quite heavy for a "light" patch...

Sounds to me that Cake should add disk streaming to Rapture Pro...

Yes they should.

You can't even load that patch in the 32 bit version.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

So, no one here is on the Mac version?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

I am

Is the updated version any improvement to the installer issues and whatever other issues you experienced with the initial version? I'd still like to consider this thing at the handsome upgrade price, if Cakewalk fixed their Mac support (and if I don't need to install that dumb CCC thing).
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

I'm using it on a Mac / Yosemite. It works just fine. The installation didn't cause any problems with the current version.

I will say that I HATE the browser. There are so many presets and the navigator just flies through them all when you scroll, you can't use keyboard arrows to navigate... it requires a lot of patience with the mouse / scroll bar to carefully view various items in the lists. Also, the sorting leaves a lot to be desired, the groups are broad and you still wind up with hundreds of presets at a time to sort through.

mholloway wrote:I'm using it on a Mac / Yosemite. It works just fine. The installation didn't cause any problems with the current version.

I will say that I HATE the browser. There are so many presets and the navigator just flies through them all when you scroll, you can't use keyboard arrows to navigate... it requires a lot of patience with the mouse / scroll bar to carefully view various items in the lists. Also, the sorting leaves a lot to be desired, the groups are broad and you still wind up with hundreds of presets at a time to sort through.
:-p I don't understand why developers get so damned lazy when it comes to this kind of thing.

Thanks for the notes, too. Still wondering about that Cakewalk Control Center crap, though...
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote:Is the updated version any improvement to the installer issues and whatever other issues you experienced with the initial version? I'd still like to consider this thing at the handsome upgrade price, if Cakewalk fixed their Mac support (and if I don't need to install that dumb CCC thing).
Not had any problems with install and authorisation for the last few versions, just in the first ones.

Anybody here running Rapture Pro under Cubase (7.5 or later)? If so, would you be willing to spend about five minutes running a quick test? I can easily create a problem scenario in which certain modulations do not work when running RP under Cubase (but work otherwise). The Cakewalk engineer says he cannot duplicate the problem behavior, so I want to see if it's just me or others can reproduce the problem behavior.

If you'd be willing to quickly test something, please indicate so and I will provide the details. Thanks.

Return to “Instruments”