Blue Cat's PatchWork 1.7 Available, with Ext. Sidechain, Aux Outputs and Plug-In I/O Routing

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PatchWork

Glad that you are using it :-). Your suggestion indeed makes sense. It is basically equivalent as being able to reverse link the volume knob of each chain with an extra "dry" parallel chain that compensates, right?

Just wanted to let you know that an update for both Blue Cat's PatchWork and MB-7 Mixer is available for download.

This new version adds a new quick save option for the last loaded preset and fixes latency reporting issues with some VST hosts such as Cubase. It also fixes a feedback problem in some particular cases when the plug-ins are bypassed in Pro Tools (details below).

As usual the update is free for existing customers and is available for download from the same page as the initial purchase (link received by email). Demo versions are also available for download on www.bluecataudio.com, in VST, RTAS, AAX, Audio Unit and DirectX plug-in formats or as a standalone application (PatchWork only), for both Mac and PC (32 and 64-bit).

What's New:
- Last loaded preset can now be quickly saved from the presets menu without having to select the file.
- VST: fixed latency compensation reporting in Cubase (no need to re-enable the plug-in to update the latency anymore).
- AAX and RTAS: fixed a feedback loop that could occur in bypass mode when the plug-in was inserted before another one.

Enjoy!

Great stuff, Patchwork is a lifesaver for me. Using the logic mfx feature opens up lots of new possibilities.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Thanks! 8)

(Yes I'm lazy, not installing the demo to check for myself...)

Is it possible for an external midi controller to change programs on devices hosted inside Patchwork?

For instance, if you were using it as a standalone host for Amplitube and additional effects, could a MIDI foot controller call up patches in Amplitube, or switch patches on other effects hosted by Patchwork?

Or could you/would you have to set up different Patchwork patches, each one with different patches loaded in the hosted effects, and call Patchwork patches instead of hosted device patches?

Hope that made some sense, ping back if not.

If the inserted plug-in supports MIDI program change (like our plug-ins do) then it is possible, but PatchWork itself does not provide the ability to do that for third party plug-ins.

In many cases though, it is simpler to save global presets with PatchWork and load them via MIDI, as it is much more flexible (you can have completely different chains of effects loaded).

agreed.

Just about to grab this in the soundradix 32 lives/patchworx combo buy for 129 usd so i can run my old vanguard projects and a few other tidbits, and get patchworx the cheapest way to run some vst only hardware editors.

I like your FR ideas very much Funkybot

Any Black Friday offers for patchwork?

TheKid wrote:Any Black Friday offers for patchwork?
Elsewhere they've already said no. Other Blue Cat stuff is or will be on sale, but Patchwork is one of the few that won't be.

Blue Cat Audio wrote:If the inserted plug-in supports MIDI program change (like our plug-ins do) then it is possible, but PatchWork itself does not provide the ability to do that for third party plug-ins.

In many cases though, it is simpler to save global presets with PatchWork and load them via MIDI, as it is much more flexible (you can have completely different chains of effects loaded).
Thanks for getting back. So:
  • Patchwork does pass MIDI program changes and controller info through to hosted devices
  • Patchwork presets do include the programs selected for each hosted device
Is that right?

Yes, that's correct. You can also patch MIDI plug-ins between the external MIDI device (or host application) and hosted device to filter or generate MIDI messages.

Thanks for the info, appreciate it. Haven't had time to check the demo...

Wow. It didn't occur to me yesterday when I bought it that it won't host VST3 plugins. That pretty much eliminates all of my good stuff, leaving me with little use for it. What an incredible hassle with the third-party vendor for nothing, and it's my frickin' birthday.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

rustman wrote:Wow. It didn't occur to me yesterday when I bought it that it won't host VST3 plugins. That pretty much eliminates all of my good stuff, leaving me with little use for it. What an incredible hassle with the third-party vendor for nothing, and it's my frickin' birthday.
I can't think off the top of my head of any plugs I have that are ONLY vst3. Some are vst2 only, and bunch have both vst2 and vst3 versions, but nothing has just vst3. Or I'm being thick. Which happens.

Or is it that most of your plugs work enough better as vst3 that it's not worth running them as vst2?

It's more about having only the VST3 versions installed for every plug I have if they are available (excluding U-he). There are lots of VST 2 plugs installed, but none of my Fabfilter stuff and who knows how many more.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Return to “Effects”